Shoukang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all! Thanks for your continuous and amazing effort on this awesome plugin! I have a quick question... after an actor finishes an action, even one with Addactiontimes, the cursor automatically moves to the next actor's coordinates. This can be confusing in the case of an actor with multiple actions possible. I tried looking into SRP_Core with no success, do you know of any way to disable this automatic cursor movement after an actor's action?

PS: also, just to confirm, ImmediateSkills is still not compatible with the current core, right? The recommandation is still to use Addactiontimes?

Thanks a lot for your help! Cheers.
Hi CIIZoR, the option is in SRPG_UX_Curosr, set start on next actor to false.
I tried immediate skills and it works. Funny enough though, you need to write the note tag like this:
<ImmediateSkill:true>, with no space between the tag name and value. Immediate skill is different from add action time. After an actor uses an immediate skill, the actor will go back to its original position. I guess it's designed like this.
=========================================================================
I update the Auraskill plugin again and now you can give an aura to event with type: object/unitevent
Also, I made a new plugin to provide AI skill choices for actors. SRPG_AIControl provides control of how to select targets with a given skill, but the skill is selected randomly from all useable skills(for actors), as you can see in the SRPG core code. This is very different from enemy skill selection, in which you can set skill rating, and skill condition. So I made a plugin to enable similar control of actor skill selection.
Game_Actor.prototype.makeAutoBattleActions = function() { if ($gameSystem.isSRPGMode() == true) { for (var i = 0; i < this.numActions(); i++) { var list = this.makeActionList(); this.setAction(i, list[Math.randomInt(list.length)]);// It use randomInt here to pick skill } .......

Cats777

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I got a bug when using SRPG_MouseOperation, namely: if you specify Cursor Follow Mouse == true in the settings, then if during the game you select a fighter with the mouse and move the mouse cursor outside the map, the game crashes.
View attachment 180720

View attachment 180722
Is it possible to fix this somehow? I only need this option to draw beautifully the path of units movement.
To be more specific, the error occurs when the game is maximized, not full-screen or windowed. I hope it gets fixed, because it makes the plugin that much more intuitive. I also wish it was compatible with camera smoothing plugins, like Galv's Cam Control.

Reanimunculus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I am attempting to use this with the MV3D plugin, and for the most part it works, I used it with demo project. However, the arrow pathing during combat and the square indicators for range dont appear, though the characters can still move and attack as long as you are within the range. Does anyone know a fix for this? I've put mv3d at the top of the plugin list and also played with the arrow path depth options setting them to render above everything and they still don't appear.

Shoukang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ All
I'm very, very excited to share this new plugin SRPG_BattlePrepare with you. It allows you to change equipment, see the enemy's status, remove or add actors, and switch actor positions in the new battle Prepare phase.I hope you will like it!
To make this plugin is much harder than I thought, I struggled to create a "prepare_command" window, change the flow and debug......but somehow I made it through. This plugin made some big changes to the core plugin. I hope they can be integrated into the core in the next version.
I tried my best but it may still have some bugs left, and I know there's room to improve. If you find any issues please let me know.
I'm going to have a good rest ^ ^

Demo Gif

Last edited:

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ All
I'm very, very excited to share this new plugin SRPG_BattlePrepare with you. It allows you to change equipment, see the enemy's status, remove or add actors, and switch actor positions in the new battle Prepare phase.I hope you will like it!
To make this plugin is much harder than I thought, I struggled to create a "prepare_command" window, change the flow and debug......but somehow I made it through. This plugin made some big changes to the core plugin. I hope they can be integrated into the core in the next version.
I tried my best but it may still have some bugs left, and I know there's room to improve. If you find any issues please let me know.

Demo Gif
Nice. And it even seems you can turn it on and off depending upon the battle in question!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there any way to get this to work for TileD or Aerosys's Random Map Generator? Every time I try, the scripts seem to wreck havoc on the enemy AI.

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any way to get this to work for TileD or Aerosys's Random Map Generator? Every time I try, the scripts seem to wreck havoc on the enemy AI.
My suggestion is to create a bunch of hand crafted maps that you can call up at will along with a special tilesets that have images that are pretty much identical in function aside from color and maybe terrain tags so you can use the swap tileset command to reuse said maps under a different context and use those as "random" maps.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My suggestion is to create a bunch of hand crafted maps that you can call up at will along with a special tilesets that have images that are pretty much identical in function aside from color and maybe terrain tags so you can use the swap tileset command to reuse said maps under a different context and use those as "random" maps.
That's a really good idea; I didn't think to swap tilesets.

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made the SRPG_MoveAfterAction plugin to allow certain units(for example fly units, riders) to move with their remaining move points after action. ^ ^
Nice work with all these plugins.
I added some code to the SRPG_MoveAfterAction to allow states to also apply the <MoveAfterAction> tag.

Code:
    Game_Actor.prototype.canMoveAfterAction = function(type) {
        if (this.actor().meta.MoveAfterAction) return true;
        if (this.currentClass().meta.MoveAfterAction) return true;
        var equipments = this.equips();
        for (var i = 0; i < equipments.length; i++){
            if (equipments[i] && equipments[i].meta.MoveAfterAction) return true;
        }
        var states = this.states();
        for (var i = 0; i < states.length; i++){
            if (states[i] && states[i].meta.MoveAfterAction) return true;
        }
        return false;
    };
The plugin even works with my direction selection plugin (might need a slight edit to that plugin though as it always asks for a direction to be selected after any action vs. end of action)

Shoukang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice work with all these plugins.
I added some code to the SRPG_MoveAfterAction to allow states to also apply the <MoveAfterAction> tag.

Code:
    Game_Actor.prototype.canMoveAfterAction = function(type) {
        if (this.actor().meta.MoveAfterAction) return true;
        if (this.currentClass().meta.MoveAfterAction) return true;
        var equipments = this.equips();
        for (var i = 0; i < equipments.length; i++){
            if (equipments[i] && equipments[i].meta.MoveAfterAction) return true;
        }
        var states = this.states();
        for (var i = 0; i < states.length; i++){
            if (states[i] && states[i].meta.MoveAfterAction) return true;
        }
        return false;
    };
The plugin even works with my direction selection plugin (might need a slight edit to that plugin though as it always asks for a direction to be selected after any action vs. end of action)
I added your code to my plugin. I feel move after-action is more like a unit's property. But I'm happy to add a state check as you want it.
Some issue for state note tag is: if an actor uses a skill to add the move after-action state to himself, he will not be able to move after this action. Because the canmoveafteraction judgement is made in the srpgMoveRouteForce process, which is before the action. It's a bit complex to fix it.
It's not a big issue and can be regarded as a part of the move rule, so I will just leave it like this.

By the way, recently I'm thinking of pathfinding again, and plan to make a new one myself. Mainly because I want better compatibility and make it easy to extend for more move methods. Like those in your plugin, flee(the absRegionUp works the same as regionUp with the AI control plugin) and control distance. Stay tuned!

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have downloaded the new demo and loved the new changes! I especially liked the DynamicAnimation integration, as Yanfly's Action Sequences didn't work at all on map battles.

I'm here to ask a question though. While playing the demo I noticed the Equip option was grayed out while in battle, being unselectable. The options in SRPG_Core.js only let me hide it, but not enable it somehow. I do have multiples of all the equipment by this point (all the 3rd level equips like the Silver Wand and the Great Rose Sword), so it's not lack of equipment.

Is this intended? How would I enable the equip option again? I was planning on having the player be able to switch weapons for different occasions (although I don't know how that would be balanced without actor inventories), but I can't even test that yet.

1619549357937.png

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I added your code to my plugin. I feel move after-action is more like a unit's property. But I'm happy to add a state check as you want it.
Some issue for state note tag is: if an actor uses a skill to add the move after-action state to himself, he will not be able to move after this action. Because the canmoveafteraction judgement is made in the srpgMoveRouteForce process, which is before the action. It's a bit complex to fix it.
It's not a big issue and can be regarded as a part of the move rule, so I will just leave it like this.

By the way, recently I'm thinking of pathfinding again, and plan to make a new one myself. Mainly because I want better compatibility and make it easy to extend for more move methods. Like those in your plugin, flee(the absRegionUp works the same as regionUp with the AI control plugin) and control distance. Stay tuned!
My game is made up of 'states' which players can add to units after level up (in a rogue-lite fashion) and a lot of the interesting ideas you have scripted fit nicely into these types of upgrades, hence a lot of my edit suggestions revolve around states

As for pathfinding, I basically copied the method that Greg Trowbridge explained on his blog: http://gregtrowbridge.com/a-basic-pathfinding-algorithm/

I have no real javascript background (or computer programming) so it was one of my first projects which I'm sure you can improve upon!

SRG

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ All

Demo Gif

(I don't understand English, use GOOGLE translate, sorry.)

Thank you for sharing this plugin! This is more like SRPG.
But it seems that the battle configuration is built after <type:battleStart>,
Personally, I think it's more natural to have a plot dialogue after the unit is allocated first.

Another area I want to improve is that when there is no <type:actor><id:0>, you can skip BattlePrepare.
Because there will still be teaching chapter, important chapter and other chapter that do not require a custom unit in production, it will be smoother to skip BattlePrepare at this time. (Or you can set a switch, when the switch is off, BattlePrepare will not be performed)

The last part is more personally hoped. For example, I don’t need REMOVE, and only EXCHANGE is left on the button. In this case, I hope that I can directly make EXCHANGE with a single click.
It may be very time-consuming to update these parts, anyway, thank you for developing this plugin!

Shoukang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have downloaded the new demo and loved the new changes! I especially liked the DynamicAnimation integration, as Yanfly's Action Sequences didn't work at all on map battles.

I'm here to ask a question though. While playing the demo I noticed the Equip option was grayed out while in battle, being unselectable. The options in SRPG_Core.js only let me hide it, but not enable it somehow. I do have multiples of all the equipment by this point (all the 3rd level equips like the Silver Wand and the Great Rose Sword), so it's not lack of equipment.

Is this intended? How would I enable the equip option again? I was planning on having the player be able to switch weapons for different occasions (although I don't know how that would be balanced without actor inventories), but I can't even test that yet.
Equip command only works before you move. If that's not the cause or you want to equip after move, find this line in srpg_Core:
this.addCommand(_textSrpgEquip, 'equip', this._actor.canSrpgEquip());
replace this._actor.canSrpgEquip() withtrue.
If this doesn't fix the issue you will need to check if other plugins made changes to this function.
To be more specific, the error occurs when the game is maximized, not full-screen or windowed. I hope it gets fixed, because it makes the plugin that much more intuitive. I also wish it was compatible with camera smoothing plugins, like Galv's Cam Control.
In Srpg_ShowPath, replace if (destX == undefined || destY == undefined) return; with
if (!$gameMap.isValid(destX, destY)) return;
(I don't understand English, use GOOGLE translate, sorry.)

Thank you for sharing this plugin! This is more like SRPG.
But it seems that the battle configuration is built after <type:battleStart>,
Personally, I think it's more natural to have a plot dialogue after the unit is allocated first.

Another area I want to improve is that when there is no <type:actor><id:0>, you can skip BattlePrepare.
Because there will still be teaching chapter, important chapter and other chapter that do not require a custom unit in production, it will be smoother to skip BattlePrepare at this time. (Or you can set a switch, when the switch is off, BattlePrepare will not be performed)

The last part is more personally hoped. For example, I don’t need REMOVE, and only EXCHANGE is left on the button. In this case, I hope that I can directly make EXCHANGE with a single click.
It may be very time-consuming to update these parts, anyway, thank you for developing this plugin!

1. You can change your event with <type:battleStart> note tag to <type:afterPrepare>, event with <type:afterPrepare> will be triggered after you finish prepare.
2. Use plugin command DisableSRPGPrepare and EnableSRPGPrepare to skip or enable battle prepare.
3. I will consider changing that when I have time. Currently, I will focus on making more functional plugins.
If you don't understand any part you can send me a message, I speak Chinese.

SRG

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Equip command only works before you move. If that's not the cause or you want to equip after move, find this line in srpg_Core:
this.addCommand(_textSrpgEquip, 'equip', this._actor.canSrpgEquip());
replace this._actor.canSrpgEquip() withtrue.
If this doesn't fix the issue you will need to check if other plugins made changes to this function.

In Srpg_ShowPath, replace if (destX == undefined || destY == undefined) return; with
if (!$gameMap.isValid(destX, destY)) return;

1. You can change your event with <type:battleStart> note tag to <type:afterPrepare>, event with <type:afterPrepare> will be triggered after you finish prepare.
2. Use plugin command DisableSRPGPrepare and EnableSRPGPrepare to skip or enable battle prepare.
3. I will consider changing that when I have time. Currently, I will focus on making more functional plugins.
If you don't understand any part you can send me a message, I speak Chinese.
Thank you for your detailed explanation! I was negligent.
The current process has been adjusted to my ideal performance.
I wish you success in developing the plugin.

Reanimunculus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Anyone know how I can hide the MP bar in the sideview battles? I used YEP Skill core to hide them in menus, but it still appears in the sideview battles.

(Specifically for SRPG's sideview battles, I found a script that hides them for the base sideview battles but it doesn't seem to work for the menu's in SRPG engine)

FreakOfYah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I am attempting to use this with the MV3D plugin, and for the most part it works, I used it with demo project. However, the arrow pathing during combat and the square indicators for range dont appear, though the characters can still move and attack as long as you are within the range. Does anyone know a fix for this? I've put mv3d at the top of the plugin list and also played with the arrow path depth options setting them to render above everything and they still don't appear.
Seconding this. SRPG and MV3D work surprisingly well together with what seems to be a few minor graphical hiccups. I'm hoping to work out the few kinks by seeking out from both communities to see what might be conflicting. I'm no programmer by any means only having one semester OOP in programming under my belt, but I've been trying for the past couple days looking through the parameters and some of the source code, but I'm having trouble finding even where to begin so that I can see what might be conflicting in MV3D. I'm sure the arrow paths have more to deal with SRPG_ShowPath, but for now I'm looking for where anything having to do with the movement and attack range indicators might be. Thank you for any help.

(In the image Harold is selected to move next to the slime and can move there, the indicator is just not appearing. Pardon the look of the map, it has to be mapped a certain way for it to look right.)

no range indicators (2).PNG

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The new Dune movie reminds me of the game Dune 2 made by Westwood. A quality product on its own, but extremely disloyal to its source of inspiration.
Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haniel_Sword