NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seconding this. SRPG and MV3D work surprisingly well together with what seems to be a few minor graphical hiccups...
What? I've tried placing MV3D in the new demo and I can't even select anything in battle...

FreakOfYah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What? I've tried placing MV3D in the new demo and I can't even select anything in battle...
A few of the things I have done is place mv3d near the top with the basic plugins and in the SRPG_MouseOperation make sure the "Cursor Follow Mouse?" parameter is set to "false". So far I can function, just can't see how far I can move or attack. Also can't see how much damage I deal and the battle animations are a little buggy for now.

Shoukang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seconding this. SRPG and MV3D work surprisingly well together with what seems to be a few minor graphical hiccups. I'm hoping to work out the few kinks by seeking out from both communities to see what might be conflicting. I'm no programmer by any means only having one semester OOP in programming under my belt, but I've been trying for the past couple days looking through the parameters and some of the source code, but I'm having trouble finding even where to begin so that I can see what might be conflicting in MV3D. I'm sure the arrow paths have more to deal with SRPG_ShowPath, but for now I'm looking for where anything having to do with the movement and attack range indicators might be. Thank you for any help.

(In the image Harold is selected to move next to the slime and can move there, the indicator is just not appearing. Pardon the look of the map, it has to be mapped a certain way for it to look right.)
The code for movement and attack range indicators are placed in the SRPG_Core but are rewritten in SRPG_Battle UI. You can locate them with some keywords like:
bitmap.fillAll
Sprite_SrpgMoveTile

The MV3D plugin looks very handy... that's all I can help.

FreakOfYah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The code for movement and attack range indicators are placed in the SRPG_Core but are rewritten in SRPG_Battle UI. You can locate them with some keywords like:
bitmap.fillAll
Sprite_SrpgMoveTile

The MV3D plugin looks very handy... that's all I can help.
Sprite_SrpgMoveTile.prototype.initialize = function() { Sprite.prototype.initialize.call(this); this.createBitmap(); this._frameCount = 0; this._posX = -1; this._posY = -1; this.z = 0; this.visible = false; };

Would you happen to know what the "this.z = 0;" does here? I noticed it wasn't in the github version of the code? Asking because I think that MV3D uses "z" for height. I was just wondering if that could affect how the indicators become visible. I posted the code you showed me in the MV3D community as well to see if they could give me advice in what might be happening.

FreakOfYah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After speaking with the MV3D community I think we have determined that the move tile indicators as map effects are specifically designed to show on the typical 2D map. Technically they are there using the MV3D, but the way MV3D is designed it is actually acting invisibly under the 3D map layer. I guess that might explain some of the other graphical bugs as well. So I'm wondering if I can do some kind of work around to somehow get the move tile indicators to act as an event like how I think the square selector icon is or do something else that pulls out the move tiles above the 3D layer. Otherwise I will have to find a way to translate the code in Sprite_SrpgMoveTile to play well with the MV3D mechanics.

Reanimunculus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Anyone know what to do about this error? Comes up when I use YEP animated SV battlers.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question: is it possible to have an event activated by an actor identify which actor activated it? Like say you have character go to a chest, but make it so that only a certain ones can open it.

Shoukang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After speaking with the MV3D community I think we have determined that the move tile indicators as map effects are specifically designed to show on the typical 2D map. Technically they are there using the MV3D, but the way MV3D is designed it is actually acting invisibly under the 3D map layer. I guess that might explain some of the other graphical bugs as well. So I'm wondering if I can do some kind of work around to somehow get the move tile indicators to act as an event like how I think the square selector icon is or do something else that pulls out the move tiles above the 3D layer. Otherwise I will have to find a way to translate the code in Sprite_SrpgMoveTile to play well with the MV3D mechanics.
I would say the only way to do this is to translate the code. If you simply get the tiles out it's still 2d.
Question: is it possible to have an event activated by an actor identify which actor activated it? Like say you have character go to a chest, but make it so that only a certain ones can open it.
In the chest event, you can use this.isEventIdXy(VariableID, X, Y) to get the event Id of actor in a variable(set x, y to the chest's position), if the event Id meets requirement trigger chest event. You can check my signature to see how to use EventToUnit function to get actor information from the event Id.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone:)
I'm still learning to use it slowly, great plug-in, thank you all for your creation!
Hope that there will be more expansions in the future, For example, the grid of the battlefield, the rounded corners of the highlight grid, and the symbol of friend or foe:wubgame.png

Last edited:

e463gx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Long shot here, but is it possible to make certain actors/enemies use Map Battle, while others use the SV?

Culkin

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do I get the square cursor to appear?
[]

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Long shot here, but is it possible to make certain actors/enemies use Map Battle, while others use the SV?
easy way without js work, would be to make unique skills for each unit and use the skill note tags to let them use map/sv battle

@Culkin
without extra js work, this should happen whenever SRPG-Battle starts or is active

Percarus

The Normal One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! How do I remove the commands in the menu like "Auto Battle" and "Units"?

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was thinking, is it possible for someone to create a plug-in to modify the effects of AOE in various ways? Like say have units in the targeted aoe take less damage the further they are from the center and may even have additional effects put on them; or even make it so that the more units are under the effects of the spell, the less damage the spell does to each unit (for an example, see shining force 2's sorcerer class).

e463gx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
[]
You probably have transparency on for your "player".

New Question: I see some people have gotten some of Victor's plugins to work, which require his VE_BasicModule. When I try to use his BasicModule as a requirement for VE_TilePriority my game crashes when entering a battle. Anyone got a fix for that?

Error: "Cannot set property z of # which has only a getter"

Last edited:

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was thinking, is it possible for someone to create a plug-in to modify the effects of AOE in various ways? Like say have units in the targeted aoe take less damage the further they are from the center and may even have additional effects put on them; or even make it so that the more units are under the effects of the spell, the less damage the spell does to each unit (for an example, see shining force 2's sorcerer class).
For damage being proportional to distance from caster, use this damage formula:
(a.atk - b.def) / (Math.abs(a.event().posX() - b.event().posX()) + Math.abs(a.event().posY() - b.event().posY()))

You could also use the distTo(x, y) function that is stipulated in srpg_aoe.js plugin instead of posX() and posY() functions.

This will do X damage divided by the number of tiles the target is from the user. So if the user is adjacent to the target the spell does regular damage but if the target is 3 tiles away then the damage is reduced by a factor 3. You could modify this further to your needs (For example you could use pythagoras to get "radius distance" vs "tile distance" which is used in the above formula - currently if the user is at 0,0 and the target is at 2,2 the tile distance is 4 but the radius/diagonal distance is 2.82. Compare to if the user is at 0,0 and the target is at 0, 4 the tile distance is still 4 but the radius distance is now 4)

I believe this requires Dr. Q's range control plugin (as it gives us the event() function for battlers)

As for reducing damage if multiple targets are selected in an AoE spell, I couldn't find a good solution. You could try a damage formula with $gameTemp.areaTargets().length which is equal to the number of remaining targets left. If we have an AoE spell targetting 3 units, the first unit will have a $gameTemp.areaTargets().length value of 2 (two remaining targets left), the second unit will have a value of 1 and the last unit will have a value of 0. This is not ideal as its hard to choose the "first unit" and doesn't distribute damage evenly amongst all units

You probably have transparency on for your "player".

New Question: I see some people have gotten some of Victor's plugins to work, which require his VE_BasicModule. When I try to use his BasicModule as a requirement for VE_TilePriority my game crashes when entering a battle. Anyone got a fix for that?

Error: "Cannot set property z of # which has only a getter"

VE_basicModule often clashes with YEP_core.js so I found the only way to use VE plugins is to remove its dependancy on VE_basicModule which probably is against the idea of what victor sant wanted but in the terms of use it does loosely say you can edit his scripts.

Last edited:

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For damage being proportional to distance from caster, use this damage formula:
(a.atk - b.def) / (Math.abs(a.event().posX() - b.event().posX()) + Math.abs(a.event().posY() - b.event().posY()))

You could also use the distTo(x, y) function that is stipulated in srpg_aoe.js plugin instead of posX() and posY() functions.

This will do X damage divided by the number of tiles the target is from the user. So if the user is adjacent to the target the spell does regular damage but if the target is 3 tiles away then the damage is reduced by a factor 3. You could modify this further to your needs (For example you could use pythagoras to get "radius distance" vs "tile distance" which is used in the above formula - currently if the user is at 0,0 and the target is at 2,2 the tile distance is 4 but the radius/diagonal distance is 2.82. Compare to if the user is at 0,0 and the target is at 0, 4 the tile distance is still 4 but the radius distance is now 4)

I believe this requires Dr. Q's range control plugin (as it gives us the event() function for battlers)

As for reducing damage if multiple targets are selected in an AoE spell, I couldn't find a good solution. You could try a damage formula with $gameTemp.areaTargets().length which is equal to the number of remaining targets left. If we have an AoE spell targetting 3 units, the first unit will have a $gameTemp.areaTargets().length value of 2 (two remaining targets left), the second unit will have a value of 1 and the last unit will have a value of 0. This is not ideal as its hard to choose the "first unit" and doesn't distribute damage evenly amongst all units

VE_basicModule often clashes with YEP_core.js so I found the only way to use VE plugins is to remove its dependancy on VE_basicModule which probably is against the idea of what victor sant wanted but in the terms of use it does loosely say you can edit his scripts.
I meant center from the targeted area, not caster, though thanks anyways.

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I meant center from the targeted area, not caster, though thanks anyways.

(a.atk - b.def) / (Math.abs($gamePlayer.posX()- b.event().posX()) + Math.abs($gamePlayer.posY() - b.event().posY()))

Try that instead. $gameTemp.showArea() uses $gamePlayer.posX() and posY() functions to determine the center of the AoE

e463gx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks, I got it to work by commenting out all of the Battle portions of the Basic Module.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A little something I've been working on... :kaosigh:
GoArOw1.png
This is a lot of fun
Posted some halloween freebies! Grab them while on season :kaopride:
hallow_cat.png
So my birthday was about a week ago! Just forgot to post it. I went to a Golden Corral, and it was soooooo good! :kaojoy: I also got some Animal Crossing in my life! Yay, Animal Crossing!
At this point, "unique and diverse cast of characters" might as well be slang for Every Character is a Human-Sue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rocky_Bomboa