boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. I deleted the old makeMoveTable() and srpgMoveCost and pasted those inside there (I think it's right, this is not my first time messing with writing plugins). I'm placing the tags inside the class being used, but it is still using the default costs inside RangeControl.
If I make tag 4, blue tile, unpassable (99 cost) and give someone <srpgTerrainCost4:2> it stays unpassable.
Conversely, if I make tag 1, dark green tile, passable normally and give someone <srpgTerrainCost1:2> they still go through it at normal cost.
View attachment 193165View attachment 193167View attachment 193166View attachment 193164
As from the images, Al should move 5 spaces on light green, 5 on yellow and 5 on blue, but he moves 10 in green and yellow, and none on blue.
My bad... wrong notetag:

Try SRPGTerrainCostX:Y (in the script code it quite clearly is searching for the notetag <SRPGTerrainCost> with SRPG in upper case)

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My bad... wrong notetag:

Try SRPGTerrainCostX:Y (in the script code it quite clearly is searching for the notetag <SRPGTerrainCost> with SRPG in upper case)
No problem, I also missed it while reading the plugin (haven't messed with notetags yet but I saw SRPG was always capitalized in the calls. Works perfectly! I set up all my classes and didn't run into any problems.
I'll add the notetag to the plugin description just in case I forget.

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm so glad I found a waaaayyy better tactics plugin now I can make this srpg game that has been stuck in my head

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
really dumb question:

can some one help me how to start a battle? i set the note of the event as "<5:actor>" also for the enemy event "<1:enemy>" and set the plugin command "SRPGBattle Start" in parallel event but... nothing happens?

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I managed to get it now! But somehow I got this error instead!
Screenshot (93).png

Edit: nvm

Last edited:

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How can I check if all enemies are dead?
You might want to check out the SRPG Plugin Demo (link in the first post), it has commented code explaining the different functions you have at your disposal (pay attention to the invisible events at the top left corner of the battle maps)
When setting up the plugin, you need to choose a variable to save the amount of Enemies in battle (there's one for actors as well). When all enemies are dead, this variable will be set to 0.
1624633368377.png
Then, in your <type:afterAction> event, you can use the default even command Condition to test for "If 'the variable you choose for existEnemyVarId' = 0", and do your stuff like showing a victory screen and ending combat or whatever.

1624633596358.png

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You might want to check out the SRPG Plugin Demo (link in the first post), it has commented code explaining the different functions you have at your disposal (pay attention to the invisible events at the top left corner of the battle maps)
When setting up the plugin, you need to choose a variable to save the amount of Enemies in battle (there's one for actors as well). When all enemies are dead, this variable will be set to 0.
View attachment 193375
Then, in your <type:afterAction> event, you can use the default even command Condition to test for "If 'the variable you choose for existEnemyVarId' = 0", and do your stuff like showing a victory screen and ending combat or whatever.

View attachment 193376
I don't understand. Does it like automatically change the existEnemy variable when you kill one? I tried to kill all the enemies but it's still looping.

Edit: NVM I managed to get it work by putting a self switch after the start battle plugin command instead of erase event

Last edited:

Percarus

The Normal One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd recommend downloading the demo and looking at everything to see how it all works. The plugin relies on those variables you set to count how many Actors and Enemies exist.

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there a rescue extension plug in much like from the fire emblem

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a rescue extension plug in much like from the fire emblem
There is none yet.
As for making one, we'd need to create a custom Con stat, a new container for storing a whole Data Actor and decide what stats decrease and by how much.

Pretty much all the plugin collections made for SRPG Battle System can be found in the first post, right above the demo link.

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
1. Can I remove auto battle on the menu?

2. How do I make infinite spawning enemies or reinforcements?

3. Reveal weakness

4. Giving ally extra turns

5. the cone area type doesn't work on SRPG_AOE extension!!

Thnx in advance

Last edited:

Adra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portugueses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@boomy Could you make a parameter that disables aoe animation for when someone activates a mapbattle option?

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@boomy Could you make a parameter that disables aoe animation for when someone activates a mapbattle option?
No promises but I will try. At the moment aoeAnimation pretty much overrides default battle flow so it will need a workaround to 1. work with mapbattle 2. toggle AoEanimation

I've had a tinker for a few hours and it looks a bit harder than what I initially anticipated. Even getting regular battles to have 'regular aoe animation' toggle is difficult but I have pushed an update that includes it (skills with <defaultAoE> will animate the default way where it is 1v1 battle for each target)

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That sounds like the unit is not active, only a normal event.. thats why i use this setup on the spawn event:
this makes sure that the eventNotes gets activated on the spawned event
View attachment 171016
the 1st eventpage is set to parrallel to activate the script, and the 2nd page uses the needed default "actionTrigger"
View attachment 171025
in this Case i did not used "this.addEnemy(EventID, EnemyID);" to activate the UnitEvent, instead the script will read&activate the SkillNote ,that makes the Event an "Unit".

I did this because this way i could also activate the Eventnote "Unit:4"
(defines what enemy Unit this is,.. i need this for the plugin "SRPG EnemyUnits"..)

/( this immitates the actor id.. but for enemys, because the enemys get cloned and Actors are always individuals.. that way i can give every enemy on map its own id)
BEWARE Cloning Actors makes problems, only revive Actors but never clone them

=> in other words, i guess you are not spawning Units, you are spawning Events, and forgot to activate them so they get Units..
( thats what the script on the 1st eventpage of the 1st IMG does)
->its Set all Eventype and All Enemys in that case

I gave no example to do that for actors, because all actors in the demo use Placeholder events,and dont get spawned with the eventspawner..but the code to activate actors on an Event is :
this.addActor(EventID, ActorID); # Make the event with the specified ID the actor.

i once recognized that spawned events dont have their eventnote activated, thats why i looked into the core to find the Script on the First Img:
View attachment 171032
I used this for the enemy spawns it works fine but another porblem is that the hp guage is glitcehd it won't change and they won't die unless the actors damage dealt is higher than their hp

Last edited:

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have included your request in the new update of AoEAnimation
All skills now will have default animation. So if you use mapBattle with regular AoE it will run like the script didn't exist. But if you add <AoEAnimation> tag to the skill, now you get side/front view battle with all targets on the same battle screen.

On an unrelated note, here is a bug with mapBattle:
1. Set mapBattle to ALWAYS ON (srpg_core.js plugin parameter)
2. Set a skill to be <mapBattle:false>
3. When using said skill, the battle result window appears before battle AND after battle
The problem is difficult to solve as the Scene_Map.update function is altered with mapBattle inclusion and it checks if a battle has taken place with mapBattle active, however it does not check if <mapBattle:false> notetag is used. <mapBattle> notetag data cannot be accessed by Scene_Map.update so there is no way to fix this bug via conventional means unless we change the $gameSystem.useMapBattle() function to return false if <mapBattle:false> is set

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I've been away a while... I just wanted to check up and see if individual turn orders have been implemented yet. For example, instead of all actors on the team act followed by all enemy units, I'd prefer unit order to be based on Speed. Thx.

Adra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portugueses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have included your request in the new update of AoEAnimation
All skills now will have default animation. So if you use mapBattle with regular AoE it will run like the script didn't exist. But if you add <AoEAnimation> tag to the skill, now you get side/front view battle with all targets on the same battle screen.

On an unrelated note, here is a bug with mapBattle:
1. Set mapBattle to ALWAYS ON (srpg_core.js plugin parameter)
2. Set a skill to be <mapBattle:false>
3. When using said skill, the battle result window appears before battle AND after battle
The problem is difficult to solve as the Scene_Map.update function is altered with mapBattle inclusion and it checks if a battle has taken place with mapBattle active, however it does not check if <mapBattle:false> notetag is used. <mapBattle> notetag data cannot be accessed by Scene_Map.update so there is no way to fix this bug via conventional means unless we change the $gameSystem.useMapBattle() function to return false if <mapBattle:false> is set
Thanks for the support!

For some reason, when I active de mapbattle option using this new version, the mapbattle don't work. The battle just play like SV battle.

Boyboy180

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It isn't working properly with Yanfly's buffs and states core. I want to do a state with random (Between 1 and 5) poison damage per turn. I was trying to get it to work with many different types of the buff and state triggers (Regenerate, Turn End, Turn Start) but none of them run (I'm using the console log to check.)
Is there a workaround I could use?

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the support!

For some reason, when I active de mapbattle option using this new version, the mapbattle don't work. The battle just play like SV battle.
Whoops
I fixed the problem
I forgot that srpgCore already aliases srpgBattleStart (mapBattle) so my alias to srpgBattleStart makes the game ignore the mapBattle version of srpgBattleStart
I did a proper test and should work now. <mapBattle:true> = normal map battle animation, <mapBattle:false> = regular srpg battle animation and <AoEAnimation> = group battle animation

It isn't working properly with Yanfly's buffs and states core. I want to do a state with random (Between 1 and 5) poison damage per turn. I was trying to get it to work with many different types of the buff and state triggers (Regenerate, Turn End, Turn Start) but none of them run (I'm using the console log to check.)
Is there a workaround I could use?

Replace onTurnEnd function in srpgCore.js with the following code:

Code:
    var _SRPG_Game_Battler_onTurnEnd = Game_Battler.prototype.onTurnEnd;
    Game_Battler.prototype.onTurnEnd = function () {
        if ($gameSystem.isSRPGMode() == true) {
            this.regenerateAll();
            this.updateSrpgStateTurns(2);
            this.updateBuffTurns();
            this.removeStatesAuto(2);
            this.removeBuffsAuto();
            this.clearResult();
            this.setSrpgTurnEnd(false);
            //Buff & States Core Fix
            if (Imported.YEP_BuffsStatesCore !== undefined) {
                if (Imported.YEP_BuffsStatesCore) {
                    if (this.meetTurnEndStateEffectsConditions()) this.onTurnEndStateEffects();
                }
            }
        } else {
            return _SRPG_Game_Battler_onTurnEnd.call(this);
        }
    };

Hey, I've been away a while... I just wanted to check up and see if individual turn orders have been implemented yet. For example, instead of all actors on the team act followed by all enemy units, I'd prefer unit order to be based on Speed. Thx.

No individual turn orders has not been implemented. I don't plan on making a script for this as it's beyond my scope. It'll require a huge restructure of the flow of srpg_core.js and break quite a few plugins

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Will be focusing on map making today and adding locked chests :LZSsmile:Screenshot 2021-09-16 095316.png
It's hard to stay consistent for at least a week
new enemies for the game I'm working on...
Fricken hell! I dropped a bowl with mac and spam on my brothers floor, and was going to put leftover mac with whatever was still safe in there. It was only after I added the leftover mac that my brother told me he put floor noodles in there, now I wasted my planned dinner for tomorrow!
How to make a cool character 101: Create a messy plot, make the character said "all according to the plan", then somehow the problem is solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mastersamurajpl