RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had played this demo a long time ago and was impressed with the bow.

However, I got one problem with the YEP_X_BattleObjects and I use YEP_BattleEngineCore. So it seems when you have the enemy do this skill, the bow image behind them doesn't mirror.

Code:
create object: 1, SV_Bow, user, 0, -15
It happens on the "create object" only when an enemy does it, but when on move object, the bow image is corrected when moving to the player.

Anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

• Projectile.PNG
    Projectile.PNG
    20 KB · Views: 4

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wrote another plugin for personal use, but I think it may be useful for some:
SRPG_FollowUpBasicAttack

Basically, it changes the second attack from the AgiAttackPlus, so instead of being the same skill you used first, the second attack is that battler's default attack. This makes it so, along other stuff, you won't spend MP/TP for a second attack accidentaly, or the enemy won't double you with a super skill.
It works similarly to the Combat Arts in Fire Emblem - Three Houses.

I tested it a bit with the baked in notetag <srpgWeaponSkill:X> from the core, but feel free to test it with other plugins.

darkand

Nomad Robot Artis
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i have a question abount srpg, i want edit the motion of the charater when enter on scene on the side view, i looking on all the option but i cant find a way of edit it.
(dont mind the backgorund glich)
exist a way for maket it enter from the sky or enter more slower from the side? i need make diferents ways because i gona make planes and tanks
EDIT: and i look a wait of edit start place of the charaters positions
1626311316996.png

Last edited:

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i have a question abount srpg, i want edit the motion of the charater when enter on scene on the side view, i looking on all the option but i cant find a way of edit it.
(dont mind the backgorund glich)
exist a way for maket it enter from the sky or enter more slower from the side? i need make diferents ways because i gona make planes and tanks
The SRPG Plugin Demo (on page 1) uses the DynamicAction and DynamicMotion plugins to make attack animations. The demo has some default animations like Attack and Fireball that you can reference, and DynamicAction has a wiki. You could use the YEP Action Sequence plugins for your attack animations, but it's not 100% compatible.
Anything you want to do, be it entrance animations or attack animations are handled by one of those plugins, not SRPG. There are YEP Action Sequence tutorials everywhere, even on Youtube, so you can start with that. Same goes for editing starting positions, those need a separate plugin.

I had played this demo a long time ago and was impressed with the bow.

However, I got one problem with the YEP_X_BattleObjects and I use YEP_BattleEngineCore. So it seems when you have the enemy do this skill, the bow image behind them doesn't mirror.

Code:
create object: 1, SV_Bow, user, 0, -15
It happens on the "create object" only when an enemy does it, but when on move object, the bow image is corrected when moving to the player.

Anyone got any ideas?
YEP_X_BattleObjects? Didn't find that plugin anywhere on Yanfly's public plugin list, maybe it's hidden in one of the packs?
Anyway, does it have a command like Mirror Object? If so, you could run an eval to test user.isEnemy, and if true, mirror the Bow object.

darkand

Nomad Robot Artis
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The SRPG Plugin Demo (on page 1) uses the DynamicAction and DynamicMotion plugins to make attack animations. The demo has some default animations like Attack and Fireball that you can reference, and DynamicAction has a wiki. You could use the YEP Action Sequence plugins for your attack animations, but it's not 100% compatible.
Anything you want to do, be it entrance animations or attack animations are handled by one of those plugins, not SRPG. There are YEP Action Sequence tutorials everywhere, even on Youtube, so you can start with that. Same goes for editing starting positions, those need a separate plugin.

YEP_X_BattleObjects? Didn't find that plugin anywhere on Yanfly's public plugin list, maybe it's hidden in one of the packs?
Anyway, does it have a command like Mirror Object? If so, you could run an eval to test user.isEnemy, and if true, mirror the Bow object.
i using all the original plugins from the demo 1.32 i know how make animations on Dmotion but the problem is the dmotion only affect after enter the battler to the map, the other way i can do is change the position of the charaters out of the window and using the skill dmotion a custom entering scene motions, soo only i want know is how i change the home position of the charaters on sideview battle.

i know @boomy edited the srpg_core for do it on a old version. but i want know is posible on the lasted version (boomy if you read this can make a simple add on for a custom charaters placement on sideview again?)

the other question i haved is, abount the charater view direction, is posible make ones charaters weak for be atacked by sides or the back?

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok @darkand , I have the answer the battler home position:
Both YEP Battle Engine and SVActorPosition (one of the free Kadokawa plugins on your Steam DLC folder) let you change the actors' home position, that is, where they are standing when doing nothing.
Haven't found anything about battle enter animations yet, but Echo607 uses YEP Action Sequences for her battle intros, so that could work. You can have both Action Sequences and Dynamic Action installed, as long as you don't use both in the same skill.

As for weaknesses by being hit from the side or back, there's SRPG_DirectionMod, found in the extensions:
Does basically what you need, extra hit and crit chance, I think extra damage as well.

darkand

Nomad Robot Artis
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok i tested both and i cant change the position of the enemy. only the player characters, sadly i think i gona to wait for talk to @boomy for help me on that, wish me luck

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That plugin was made by somebody else for his demo that handled it, unless he already updated it a while ago and the plugin isn't there. I don't have that old demo, but I still have this. There wasn't a mirror object here.

Attachments

• YEP_X_BattleObject.js
    9.4 KB · Views: 2

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That plugin was made by somebody else for his demo that handled it, unless he already updated it a while ago and the plugin isn't there. I don't have that old demo, but I still have this. There wasn't a mirror object here.
The plugin says the object can be targeted by any actions from the Action Sequence packs (line 34).
Knowing that, ASP2 has the FACE command, which changes the direction the sprite is looking (mirrored or not), so for example, you can do face object [id]: target, which makes your bow face the target.
(may depend on what the 'forward' direction is, my guess is to the left, which would need you to mirror the bow image file if it is aiming to the right).
If that doesn't work, use the IF statements from ASP1 to test if the user is Enemy, then face object [id]: backwards, that should mirror it.

darkand

Nomad Robot Artis
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok i talked to boomy and him say the SRPG_AoEAnimation.js plugin wat him maded have for custom home position enemy and player. i gona start work on some animations thanx for all @boomy @NatePlays

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
can I adjust the actor info window srpg when you select one unit to the left side corner much like the one from the enemy units but mirrored?

Den_C

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe this will be useful for somebody who uses Yanfly’s plugins. YEP_CoreEngine 1.32 creates an error: the enemies become immortal. YEP_CoreEngine 1.25 works fine.

Aslanemperor

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Introducing
SRPG-Engine-MV.png

credits : Gakuto Mikagami, Doctor_Q
https://github.com/Echizen-ham/SRPGcore
https://github.com/RyanBram/SRPGcore

SRPG-MV.jpg

Hi, everyone.
Do you like Turn Based Strategy RPG games?
If so, then I'm also like it so much just like you.

Therefore, on this occasion, let me introduce a collection of plugins called SRPG_Converter. As the name implies, these plugins will change the RPG Maker MV engine that you have as an editor for Turn Based Strategy genre games like Fire Emblems or Shining Force.

DOWNLOAD

The following are the features of these plugins:
  • Provides feature complete of basic SRPG engine. Only one plugin then you can watch your RPG Maker MV turn into a Turn Based Strategy engine;
  • High compatibility with any plugins. There are almost no RPG Maker MV Core function that was altered, so you can still use RPG Maker MV and your favorite plugins as usual;
  • Easy to customize. Every character, weapon, skill, or class can be customized using note tag;
  • Turn based events trigger. Enjoy rich story customization, by choosing any event to trigger at the moments: Start of Battle, Start of Actor Phase, Start of Enemy Phase, End of Turn, Start of Action, and End of Action,
  • Can be extended with extension. If you know can write Javascript plugin, you can easily add features that are not yet available. Let us know if you made public extension;
  • Royalty free for commercial purposes. With the MIT license, anyone can use this plugin without worrying about legal issues. As long as you comply with the provisions of the MIT license, this plugin can be used for any purpose.
Making the SRPG Engine is a complex thing, even comparable to making a new engine that is equivalent to the RPG Maker MV Core scripts itself. Before I introduce this system to this forum, I am using this plugin internally for my own projects. I don't want to become the only one who get the benefits of this plugin, which become the reason I translated it and share it to this forum.

New feature:
  • On map battle as part of core plugin.
  • SRPG_AgiAttackPlus, SRPG_UncounterableAttack, and SRPGconverter_with_YEP_BattleEngineCore now become part of core plugin.
  • DynamicAction for performing action sequence in both Sideview battle and Mapview battle.
  • Mouse System as alternative to control your game without using keyboard at all.

Planned feature:
  • (Please suggest it)
Since the era of RPG Maker XP, I have never seen a SRPG system that is truly complete. There are at least two possibilities for that: 1) Kadokawa had already made a new version of RPG Maker before the SRPG System was completed, or 2) The creator of the SRPG System was busy or had other interests that caused the project to be abandoned. Then I decided to offer myself to the author by helping him pushing the system forward, because I am afraid I never see this system finish before being abandoned again.
If you are a Javascript programmer, you can always help by creating extension for this system.

Best regards
Ryan

• Author: Gakuto Mikagami, Doktor_Q, RyanBram
  • Translation: Me (RyanBram)
  • License: MIT
  • Non-commercial use: free
  • Commercial use: free
  • Redistribution: OK
  • Editing: OK
  • Redistribution after editing: OK
  • Series: RPG Maker MV

Special Thanks:
  • Dopan and Boomy for endless support for the community
Will this be compatible with any other system besides MV? MZ is already a thing and some of us are still using older systems.
I really hope so, because this looks epic!

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Made by same author as this plugin for older system, but still in Japanese:
XP : http://lemon-slice.net/material_rgss.html
VX : http://lemon-slice.net/material_rgss2.html
VX Ace : http://lemon-slice.net/material_rgss3.html

Another Tactical Battle System by GubiD

Download link for GTBSv2.4 (untested):

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will this be compatible with any other system besides MV? MZ is already a thing and some of us are still using older systems.
I really hope so, because this looks epic!
For MZ, you could probably use this with the Fossil project.

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To add to what NatePlays has said.

Screenshot (92).png

I actually contacted Restart - the author of the Fossil plugin - myself personally, about the possibility of porting the SRPG Engine MV, to MZ. Initially my intention was just to make sure SRPG_core.js could run on MZ.

But Restart was too generous that he instead tried to port all the extension plugins that were in my last demo. So far SRPG Engine MV is running on MZ with a few bugs that might interfere with your experience:

1. Some UIs don't appear as they should;
2. Dynamic Actions do not work;
3. Some plugins or features may not function as they should

After several patches, I told Restart to temporarily suspend the SRPG Engine MV patch into Fossil. I ask that because before porting to MZ I want to make sure that the SRPG Engine MV is first updated to a future demo. In the new Demo there will be some changes that are expected to simplify the SRPG Engine making it a bit easier for new users, as well as the addition of a few plugins to the Demo. This avoids the hassles that Restart might experience if we keep making changes to the SRPG Engine MV.

In conclusion, if you want to try SRPG Engine MV on MZ, you can already do it with Fossil. But if you want to wait for a more stable version, please wait until we release the latest, more stable Demo.

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I encountered a glitch where both actors and enemies automatically skips turns and got softlock forever

EDIT: nvm i found out that YEP Core engine and Message Core caused this problem

Last edited:

Adra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portugueses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shoukang Is possible in BattlePrepare, the event with <type:actor> to be able to choose only certain actors? Example: an event <type:actor> can choose between ids 1,2,3 and another event, between 4,5,6. Like they were in different groups.

Shoukang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shoukang Is possible in BattlePrepare, the event with <type:actor> to be able to choose only certain actors? Example: an event <type:actor> can choose between ids 1,2,3 and another event, between 4,5,6. Like they were in different groups.
My plugin doesn't have this function. And it requires quite some work to realize it. I may not have the time to implement this.

Shoukang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just found the cause of a bug that confused me for quite some time. When an enemy or AI unit cast AoE like this (no actor in the center of AoE), it will only attack one actor rather than 3. You can try this with an elf in the demo.

This is caused by the AIControl and AoE plugin. You can download my simply edited plugins here. AIControl, AoE.
I marked my edits with //shoukang .......
However, my edits changes the appearance(AoE range will show up before the enemy move) and I'm not sure if this will cause any bugs. If @Doktor_Q can fix this it will be great.

The cause is that: when AIControl call srpgAITarget(), it will choose the optimum position for AoE, then clear this active AoE but store a target event(Marsha in this example). Then, when AoE plugin call srpgInvokeAutoUnitAction(), it will first check if there's an active AoE(It is already cleared), if not it will simply take the target event position as the AoE center, which causes the issue.
The startMapEvent() in AoE plugin also clears the active AoE before the attack, which also causes the issue.

bugAoE.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:
How does one pronounce Godot? I've heard it pronounced a couple of different ways, and I genuinely don't know the proper way.
March 2020 ...
1635188823939.jpeg
... vs October 2021
You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guertena_1