bpm222

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Any way to use a static battlers for your party members (ie: high res busts)? Only plugin I know that allows this is victor's battlergraphicsetup but it doesn't seem to be compatible.

I'm trying to emulate this sort of look for the 1 on 1 battle sequence, (just the battler sprite perspective/orientation, not the UI)
pVwCE7V.jpeg

I'd like to avoid having to duplicate a high res image across every frame of the usual battler spritesheet if possible, seems like that would add up to a lot of pointless filesize (I have 42 500x500 party member back sprites drawn lol)

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bpm222 what is the error you're having with VE battler setup? By all accounts it should work somewhat.
And I don't know of any other plugins; there's one made to use animated enemies with DynamicMotion, but not static actors.

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any way to use a static battlers for your party members (ie: high res busts)? Only plugin I know that allows this is victor's battlergraphicsetup but it doesn't seem to be compatible.

I'm trying to emulate this sort of look for the 1 on 1 battle sequence, (just the battler sprite perspective/orientation, not the UI)

I'd like to avoid having to duplicate a high res image across every frame of the usual battler spritesheet if possible, seems like that would add up to a lot of pointless filesize (I have 42 500x500 party member back sprites drawn lol)
Try YED_SideViewBattler
All battlers will be 1 sprite
Set default frames (plugin parameter) to 1

You will need to copy and paste a whole bunch of notetags for each enemy/actor however:

<Sideview Battler: BattlerFileName>
<Sideview Battler Size:X,Y>
<Sideview Battler Motion>
Name: wait
Index: 0
</Sideview Battler Motion>
Name: walk
Name: damage
etc. etc. for all the poses (you might only need to only do the wait pose as I think the script defaults to wait pose if no other valid pose exists)

Works with YEP_BattleEngineCore (but not necessary) and Action Sequences

Last edited:

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How about this?

Can work for both animated or static battlers.

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How about this?

Can work for both animated or static battlers.
Didn't know that worked on statics as well!
By the way Ryan, I saw you made a compatibility patch for this plugin (which works wonders aside a small problem i'm fixing myself, weapon related). Is it linked on this thread's main post? I found it in another thread entirely, and had to assemble a .zip file with these two plugins to send here.

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
YED was throwing errors on me even though I didn't set up any enemies to use their tags... Don't remember which error it was exactly though, might take a better look later.
I have some hacky implementation of YED but thats only because I have a script run to change a characters battler graphic when they change class. I also use it because I can have more than 3 frames for a particular pose and I can have custom poses that work with action sequences

I don't remember if I had to do anything special to make YED work but I am using it with Yanfly Engine (Action sequence + Animated enemies).

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Didn't know that worked on statics as well!
By the way Ryan, I saw you made a compatibility patch for this plugin (which works wonders aside a small problem i'm fixing myself, weapon related). Is it linked on this thread's main post? I found it in another thread entirely, and had to assemble a .zip file with these two plugins to send here.
I'm really sorry, but I'm afraid that I forgot which thread do you mean?
Can you point it to me?

I may update the 1st post if it will help many users.

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Forgot the thread but i'm referring to this one
I may be mistaken and this plugin only does anything on MZ, but I didn't have any problems while using it (including the "enemy victory animation playing twice")

Attachments

• NRP_animatedSVEnemies_ForDM.js
    12.3 KB · Views: 3

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have some hacky implementation of YED but thats only because I have a script run to change a characters battler graphic when they change class. I also use it because I can have more than 3 frames for a particular pose and I can have custom poses that work with action sequences

I don't remember if I had to do anything special to make YED work but I am using it with Yanfly Engine (Action sequence + Animated enemies).
I'm not using the YEP Battle Engine so that may play into it. For some reason, just having the Battle Engine breaks the Dynamic plugins completely (which means I can't use the other battle plugins...).

Implementing status effects has been a hassle, as YEP Status Core notetags don't trigger on map stuffs, so maybe I need to add their logic to the Turn Start events instead.

Unrelated, but I'm working on my own "small tweaks" plugin, which includes auto-skipping the EXP Get window. For some reason that wasn't standard, so if your enemy phase was very long, you could see yourself spamming the OK button instead of just sitting and waiting for your turn. Glad it's a simple fix.

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
how can i change enemy level using script call or command plugin?

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! I see you took precautions to only add Enemy events, so it works perfectly.
I did some experiments in the console and it seems I have access to a lot of fields from these enemies, so I tried to write my own layout for the stage, on the <battleStart> event:
JavaScript:
var i; var j; var array = [];
for (i = 0; i < $gameSystem._EventToUnit.length; i++) {
    if (typeof $gameSystem._EventToUnit[i] !== 'undefined') {
        if ($gameSystem._EventToUnit[i] !== null) {
            if ($gameSystem._EventToUnit[i][0] == "enemy") {
                array.push($gameSystem._EventToUnit[i][1]);
            }}}}
for (j = 0; j < array.length; j++) {
    if (array[j]._enemyId == 6) array[j].changeLevel(1);
    if (array[j]._enemyId == 5) array[j].changeLevel(2);
}
View attachment 191381
Works flawlessly!
@NoPiessadface Here's how boomy suggested me to do it and, I have to say, it's nice.
The last two lines are what you need to change:
if (array[j]._enemyId == 'enemy database id') array[j].changeLevel('level you want');
add as many of these as you can fit in one script call.

Alternatively, you could take the EventToUnit of a specific event in a specific X and Y position, and change their level, but I do prefer this method as they can be a bit random.

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is there any way to apply a fade out, animation or anything to actors when they are defeated on battle map only so they dont just dissapear, maybe i missed something.
Having tons of fun with the system so far, just nitpicking but it would be the last thing to make it perfect.

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Quick Question:
Can the events with stepping animation cause major lag or it's just the battle system itself or it's just my laptop cannot handle mv entirely?

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
uOvmAPbT46.gif

I have added srpgAoEAnimation to allow for different starting positioms for allies/enemies

is there any way to apply a fade out, animation or anything to actors when they are defeated on battle map only so they dont just dissapear, maybe i missed something.
Having tons of fun with the system so far, just nitpicking but it would be the last thing to make it perfect.
I'll add that to my to-do list

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick Question:
Can the events with stepping animation cause major lag or it's just the battle system itself or it's just my laptop cannot handle mv entirely?
In my experience running MV on Intel Core i3 is more than enough. I also run SRPG Engine MV Demo on my Snapdragon 660 device and don't find any slowdown.

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I need help making an escape objective like from the fe games where all units must escape and the last must be the main character or else the units left will be removed. It might be impossible to be evented since my game is allowed to put every unit from a party whenever they need to. And im very s**** at coding

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I need help making an escape objective like from the fe games where all units must escape and the last must be the main character or else the units left will be removed. It might be impossible to be evented since my game is allowed to put every unit from a party whenever they need to. And im very s**** at coding
it should be easy with eventing because you can always use the "SRPG Battle end" command into any event.
And you can have an event what is triggered similar to a treasure chest
(by units stepping on it)

the only problem will be to event the part where not just 1 Unit moves on a chest but all Units have to do something like that,but that should not be impossible..
(for example you can make several escape points for several units and if all escape points are triggered the battle ends.. or if the amount of alive UNITs fits to the amount of triggered escape points)
Also you can always ask about the y x position of an eventUNIT.. and make if conditions about "if all alive Units are at any y x position" ect
(so you should have several ways to make this happen depending on what your game needs)

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im adapting the system to work like a traditional roguelike dungeon crawler game and having so much fun with it, but i wonder if it would be possible to prevent the player from cancelling the movement of the unit once it has moved? i'm using fog of war and permadeath in my game so being able to cancel your movement after you discover a hidden danger, etc removes all the tension and fun from the exploration.

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In my opinion cancel shouldn't removed completely in your game, especially if there is also permadeath, since it will make your game really difficult to play.

In Fire Emblem series, the fog of war only revealed after the actor doing any action that made him unable to cancel, such as "wait", "heal", or use "item". If somehow an enemy or obstacle blocking his movement, then immediately the system will force the actor to stop on place and complete his turn, unable to cancel.

So maybe you can set your fog of war to behave like that?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgLord69