Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that would be a good solution aswell, but im just using another plugin written by someone else so i thought the easiest way to solve the problem would be to just disallow the ability to cancel in this one.
As for the difficulty, that's what im going for, i want to encourage really careful exploration and moving without thinking twice should be very punishing in most cases.

Shoukang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that would be a good solution aswell, but im just using another plugin written by someone else so i thought the easiest way to solve the problem would be to just disallow the ability to cancel in this one.
As for the difficulty, that's what im going for, i want to encourage really careful exploration and moving without thinking twice should be very punishing in most cases.
I think you can find the following code in the core plugin,
this._mapSrpgActorCommandWindow.setHandler('cancel', this.selectPreviousActorCommand.bind(this));
replace it with:
this._mapSrpgActorCommandWindow.setHandler('cancel', this.commandWait.bind(this));
This will make your actor wait when you press cancel in the actor command window, rather than go to the previous state.

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shoukang works perfectly! thank you so much :D
Im amazed at how flexible this system is, i know it has fire emblem in mind (and i love it for it) but with just a little customization in can probably be adapted to many other turn based kind of games, like a roguelike in my case.

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is it possible to change actor's sprite while SRPG battle is on? I want to make an actor able to mount and dismount. I've already tried using an afterAction type with a conditional branch if actor has mount equipped (armor)but it didn't change the sprite.

Last edited:

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to change actor's sprite while SRPG battle is on? I want to make an actor able to mount and dismount. I've already tried using an afterAction type with a conditional branch if actor has mount equipped (armor)but it didn't change the sprite.
Pernament change:
$gameActors(X)._characterName = "Y"

Change on map only
$gameMap.event($gameSystem.ActorToEvent(X))._characterName = "Y"

So pernament change means the game thinks the unit has Y character set
But srpg battle sets an event to "look" like the unit at the start of battle; therefore if you say mount a horse during an srpg battle, doing the first option will not change the graphic until the next srpg battle (because that is when map events have their character set). Using the second option, it will change the actor's corresponding event to have Y character (temporary change).

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
how do i summon another enemy if one specific enemy dies for ex. boss 1 was killed then after that another boss appears

EDIT: actually not this problem but for some reason i cannot spawn enemies using "this.addEnemy();" anymore. Did I broke my game or something? I really don't want to start all over again.

Last edited:

Shoukang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a new plugin SRPG_advancedInteraction that allows actors to interact with unit events, objects, actors, and enemies through the actor command window.(Requires my latest-updated SRPG_battlePrepare plugin) By eventing, I think it can accomplish a lot of interesting interactions, for example, 'push' in this gif.
If anyone with coding experience wants to contribute to this plugin to add some built-in interactions, such as rescue, support conversation, use Ballista, etc, please feel free to do so. Recently, I'm busy and don't have enough time to finish these interactions. So I leave some TODO notes in the code for you to start with and you are welcome to ask me for help. The interactions I mentioned all need to do some extra work and are not easy to accomplish. I recommend one to start with adding an actor-playerEvent interaction to get familiar with the plugin and then try to go further.

demo adv interaction.gif

Last edited:

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a new plugin SRPG_advancedInteraction that allows actors to interact with unit events, objects, actors, and enemies through the actor command window.(Requires my latest-updated SRPG_battlePrepare plugin) By eventing, I think it can accomplish a lot of interesting interactions, for example, 'push' in this gif.
If anyone with coding experience wants to contribute to this plugin to add some built-in interactions, such as rescue, support conversation, use Ballista, etc, please feel free to do so. Recently, I'm busy and don't have enough time to finish these interactions. So I leave some TODO notes in the code for you to start with and you are welcome to ask me for help. The interactions I mentioned all need to do some extra work and are not easy to accomplish. I recommend one to start with adding an actor-playerEvent interaction to get familiar with the plugin and then try to go further.

View attachment 197889
Cool. I was thinking of some puzzles with the push rock mechanic.

Etarxer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey,

So I'm using FOSSIL to operate this plugin on MZ, only downside is I don't know what I'm doing at all. Like I can start up a demo project and put in note tags that seem to be working. I can start the battle but I cant attack anything? Can someone please upload screenshots of how the note tags are supposed to be incorporated with this plugin? Just one enemy fully set up, even if its just basic attacks. I just want to try to get it to work with MZ through FOSSIL. Also are there plugin commands that I cant see with MZ? The only info I can see is the plugin parameters and the notebox where it says what the notetags are.

e463gx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Trying to cap the Hit% in the predictive window at 100%. Anyone able to help me change the code?

Window_SrpgPrediction.prototype.drawContents = function() {
var windowWidth = this.windowWidth();
var lineHeight = this.lineHeight();
var x = 40;
// 攻撃側
var actor = this._actionArray[1];
var target = this._targetArray[1];
var action = actor.currentAction();
var damage = action.srpgPredictionDamage(target);
var hit = action.itemHit(target);
var eva = action.itemEva(target);
this.drawSrpgBattleActionName(actor, action, windowWidth / 2 + x, lineHeight * 0, true);
this.drawSrpgBattleHit(hit, eva, windowWidth / 2 + x, lineHeight * 1);
this.drawSrpgBattleDistance(actor, action, windowWidth / 2 + 160 + x, lineHeight * 1);
this.drawSrpgBattleDamage(damage, windowWidth / 2 + x, lineHeight * 2);
// 迎撃側
var actor = this._targetArray[1];
var target = this._actionArray[1];
var action = actor.currentAction();
if (!this._targetArray[1].canUse(action.item())) {
action = null;
}
if (!action || actor == target) {
this.drawSrpgBattleActionName(actor, action, x, lineHeight * 0, false);
return;
}
var damage = action.srpgPredictionDamage(target);
var hit = action.itemHit(target);
var eva = action.itemEva(target);
this.drawSrpgBattleActionName(actor, action, x, lineHeight * 0, true);
this.drawSrpgBattleHit(hit, eva, x, lineHeight * 1);
this.drawSrpgBattleDistance(actor, action, 160 + x, lineHeight * 1);
this.drawSrpgBattleDamage(damage, x, lineHeight * 2);
this._targetArray[1].clearActions();

Basically trying to use Math.min(Hit, 100) but can't seem to get it to work.

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Trying to cap the Hit% in the predictive window at 100%. Anyone able to help me change the code?

Basically trying to use Math.min(Hit, 100) but can't seem to get it to work.
Are you using Yep_HitAccuracy?
If so use this in Accuracy formula:
Math.min(skillHitRate * (userHitRate - targetEvadeRate), 1.00)

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
i have this confusing yellow error on terrain effects: Line:752 Column:24
Screenshot (126).png
basically i want to give all units +30% evasion on tree tiles using terrain tag 6

Last edited:

e463gx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

View attachment 197889
LOVE this plugin! One thing I just noticed is that your help section states:

New plugin command:

$gameMap.event(eventId).setInteractionName('name');

Can be used to: 1. change the interaction name for events that can be triggered repeatedly, for exampele: 'open' --> 'close' --> 'open' --> 'close'

2. disable interaction by $gameMap.event(eventId).setInteractionName('null');

But, it is actually a Script Call not Plugin command. Just in case anyone has trouble disabling their events.

Second, for anyone getting a syntax error, the script call does not accept single digit eventID's.
For example:
$gameMap.event(4).setInteractionName('null');
returns a syntax error.

$gameMap.event(04).setInteractionName('null');
Works fine however.

Overall, thank you for the plugin, it's amazing!

Last edited:

e463gx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to recondition this code to separate items from skills when targeting party members? I'd like a skill to equal 10 exp regardless, and items to be 0 exp.

var _SRPG_Game_Troop_expTotal = Game_Troop.prototype.expTotal;
Game_Troop.prototype.expTotal = function() {
if ($gameSystem.isSRPGMode() == true) {
if (this.SrpgBattleEnemys() && this.SrpgBattleEnemys().length > 0) {
if (this.isAllDead()) {
return _SRPG_Game_Troop_expTotal.call(this);
} else {
var exp = 0;
for (var i = 0; i < this.members().length; i++) {
var enemy = this.members();
exp += enemy.exp();
}
return Math.floor(exp * _srpgBattleExpRate);
}
} else {
var actor = $gameParty.battleMembers()[0];
var exp = actor.nextLevelExp() - actor.currentLevelExp();
return Math.floor(exp * _srpgBattleExpRateForActors);
}
} else {
return _SRPG_Game_Troop_expTotal.call(this);
}

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there a way I could restrict movement terrains from a certain units like a ship that can only move on sea not on land?

Shoukang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
LOVE this plugin! One thing I just noticed is that your help section states:

But, it is actually a Script Call not Plugin command. Just in case anyone has trouble disabling their events.

Second, for anyone getting a syntax error, the script call does not accept single digit eventID's.
For example:
$gameMap.event(4).setInteractionName('null');
returns a syntax error.

$gameMap.event(04).setInteractionName('null');
Works fine however.

Overall, thank you for the plugin, it's amazing!
Thanks for your advice! I updated the description.
For the single-digit event Id, I think most likely you missed a ")" or something that caused a syntax error. This doesn't happen to me.
Is there a way to recondition this code to separate items from skills when targeting party members? I'd like a skill to equal 10 exp regardless, and items to be 0 exp.
Looks like the action info is cleared when calculating the exp. I will add this to my to-do list.
i have this confusing yellow error on terrain effects: Line:752 Column:24
View attachment 198266
basically i want to give all units +30% evasion on tree tiles using terrain tag 6
This doesn't tell much. Most likely your equation or value is invalid. Show what you wrote and what is the error info.
Is there a way I could restrict movement terrains from a certain units like a ship that can only move on sea not on land?
Try my modified move table, I recently added a note tag to enable special move costs.

Last edited:

NoPiessadface

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This doesn't tell much. Most likely your equation or value is invalid. Show what you wrote and what is the error info.

EDIT: nvm i got it all work by moving the plugin on top of some plugin

tried to set it on paramteres tab
Screenshot (130).png
I even tried this one:
Screenshot (131).png
Error still there:
Screenshot (129).png
error occurs whenever i select any unit

Last edited:

Shoukang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: nvm i got it all work by moving the plugin on top of some plugin

tried to set it on paramteres tab
View attachment 198507
I even tried this one:
View attachment 198508
Error still there:
View attachment 198509
error occurs whenever i select any unit
I see, the makeMoveTable function in the terrain effect plugin is completely outdated... Put it above the range control plugin could fix the problem. because the range control plugin will replace the makeMoveTable function with a new one. Or you can simply delete the makeMoveTable function in the terrain effect plugin. Consequence: change move costs in plugin parameters of terrain effect will not work, but you can change them in range control instead. And the other features of the terrain effect plugin won't be affected.
The error line 752 should be if (route[route.length - 1] != 2) {, I don't know why it points to a different place in your previous post.

e463gx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Another thing I can't seem to figure out is how to remove an actor or enemy mid battle via script call. I've tried just "erasing" the event, but that doesn't seem to work.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

gotta love when a plugin you thought had nothing to do with why something else wasn't working winds up being the issue...
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:
Mmmm I love Coca Cola candy! :kaoluv:
aaaand my power is out. I sometimes think that I'm cursed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pipgea