big_noob

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@big_noob Found the problem- because the SRPG battle is technically on the map, moving the cursor counts as walking, I.E. it makes cooldowns decease according to the Cooldown Steps plugin parameter.

I'll have an updated version of the patch this evening.

EDIT: Here it is. It now stops cooldowns from updating by movement during SRPG battles. Let me know if you run into other weird behaviors I haven't caught yet.

I should probably set up a proper GitHub repository of my own to host the most up-to-date versions of all these plugins, instead of leaving them scattered around the thread.
@Doktor_Q Q It works perfectly with your Map Attack plugin!

However, without it, it seems to cancel the batle scene before it happens, so you can't actually use any skills or attack other battlers.

I made this GIF so you can actually see what happens, since I'm not the most articulate person:

If you can't see it, just try to run Yanfly's Cooldown plugin with your fix, but without your Map Attack plugin.

Currently I'm not using your Map Attack plugin because my game relies on features not yet present (uncounterable attacks, multi hit attacks, etc), so unfortunately Cooldowns don't work in my game yet.

About your GitHub repository, you should totally do it! If it wasn't for you I couldn't use this SRPG Engine on my project (I was previously using Le_TBS), so I can't overstate how important it would be for everyone who wanted to use this engine.

Also, do you have any suggestions on starting to learn javascript? maybe in the future I can help too.

Thanks so much,

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Reviewed the code, turns out I had a typo in one of the overrides. Tested and fixed now.

I've put the 4 extensions I considered "finished" enough to publicly release on my GitHub, and put a link in my signature. I'll keep that list up to date as I make fixes and as more of my plugins reach "releasable" states.

big_noob

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Reviewed the code, turns out I had a typo in one of the overrides. Tested and fixed now.

I've put the 4 extensions I considered "finished" enough to publicly release on my GitHub, and put a link in my signature. I'll keep that list up to date as I make fixes and as more of my plugins reach "releasable" states.
@Doktor_Q Thanks for the hard work!

However, it still doesn't seem to work without the Map Attack Plugin.

If I use an "Immediate Skill" (so that the skill doesn't consume a turn) I can see that the cooldown is there during the battlers turn, however, during the NEXT turn the cooldown is not there anymore.

I see that you tested the plugin, could the problem be in my plugin order?

1576848481595.png

I've tested with various orders, but I couldn't get it to work.

With the Map Attack plugin, it works perfectly.

Thanks so much,

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@big_noob it's been working fine when I put it directly below srpg_core, for me. I haven't tested it with immediate skills, so I guess I'll dig into that in case there's another surprise issue.

Arteriam

. . .
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been testing this SRPG engine, and btw @Doktor_Q
i think Cooldown patch plugin has some issues, no idea whats the problem there though.
But doesn't work.

Also is it possible to make Onmap early skills, be applied with a notetag?
Soo i can make jumping skill just skip animation because would be actually useless to show.
Good job anyways btw i'm enjoying this whole battle system a lot, its soo good.

Last edited:

big_noob

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@big_noob it's been working fine when I put it directly below srpg_core, for me. I haven't tested it with immediate skills, so I guess I'll dig into that in case there's another surprise issue.
@Doktor_Q HEY MAN SORRY
I was trying to figure this out all day, and I've just tried to start a fresh project to test it out, turns out I messed around so much with the Yanfly's Cooldown plugin that it was somehow messing with the Cooldown calculations.

It IS working perfectly now, just be careful with the settings hahahahah

Thanks so much!!! hope I didn't cause unnecessary work.

You're awesome and see you later

Steamknight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have tested out this system. Using the demo and it is excellent. Well done. Can anyone tell me if there an enemy level plug in anywhere that this engine is compatible with? I want to be able to create arena fights that can be returned to that will auto adjust the enemy's level/stats according to the party or leader's level. Has anybody tried this?

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have tested out this system. Using the demo and it is excellent. Well done. Can anyone tell me if there an enemy level plug in anywhere that this engine is compatible with? I want to be able to create arena fights that can be returned to that will auto adjust the enemy's level/stats according to the party or leader's level. Has anybody tried this?
It won't be innately compatible with any of the enemy level plugins, since SRPG Core doesn't actually use a Troop, and might contain party members who aren't normally in the active combat party. If you learn a bit of scripting, you could probably write something to manually apply the level adjustment to enemies during the battle start event, though.

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It won't be innately compatible with any of the enemy level plugins, since SRPG Core doesn't actually use a Troop, and might contain party members who aren't normally in the active combat party. If you learn a bit of scripting, you could probably write something to manually apply the level adjustment to enemies during the battle start event, though.
Yanfly's works fine, though you might as well remove the SRPG Levels from the various enemies.

Eurritimia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On the demo, it's not possible to quit the dialog after you talked to the fairy in the third battle.

Steamknight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I
Yanfly's works fine, though you might as well remove the SRPG Levels from the various enemies.
Thanks you Doctor Q and MetalKing for your replies, I really appreciate it. I bought and tried Yanfly's enemy levels plug in but while it is upscaling the enemy levels and stats, it can't seem to accurately recognise the party's level. It keeps thinking the mean average level is 1, whatever the party is at.

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I

Thanks you Doctor Q and MetalKing for your replies, I really appreciate it. I bought and tried Yanfly's enemy levels plug in but while it is unscaling the enemy levels and stats, it can't seem to accurately recognise the party's level. It keeps thinking the mean average level is 1, whatever the party is at.
That is what I was talking about. SRPG Core doesn't use the normal battle structure, so it doesn't cause them to check the player level and scale normally. This is where you'll want to do some scripting to manually apply level changes to the enemies based on the party's level.

I'll take a more in-depth look myself tomorrow and see if I can give you a clearer outline of how to make it work.

Steamknight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is what I was talking about. SRPG Core doesn't use the normal battle structure, so it doesn't cause them to check the player level and scale normally. This is where you'll want to do some scripting to manually apply level changes to the enemies based on the party's level.

I'll take a more in-depth look myself tomorrow and see if I can give you a clearer outline of how to make it work.
Thanks. That's great. I appreciate it.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks. That's great. I appreciate it.
Spent some time testing and digging around- it should work if you set the level scaling method to check the whole party instead of the party members in battle. This is because the SRPG battles don't always initialize the players before the enemies (it's based on the event IDs) so it can't tell who's in combat yet, and defaults to level 1.

John_Perry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I'm struggling with SRPG plugin because of some error.
After the battle start, RangeError-Maximum call stack size exceeded comes out when I select enemy event to see the stat. I tried to find out the reason in conflict with the other plugins, but it happens whatever plugin I use.
2.png3.png

Moreover, when I tried to attack the enemy, 'TypeError-user.attackAnimationId1 is not function' occurs. I believe this is because the Map attack plugin, but I have no idea how to fix it.

I was so glad to use the exact plugin i've wanted, but it makes me sad that I might not be able to make this game because of these error anymore.

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moreover, when I tried to attack the enemy, 'TypeError-user.attackAnimationId1 is not function' occurs. I believe this is because the Map attack plugin, but I have no idea how to fix it.

I was so glad to use the exact plugin i've wanted, but it makes me sad that I might not be able to make this game because of these error anymore.
As I mentioned in the post where I provided the first MapAttack plugin, the version linked there crashes if you don't have Yanfly's Battle Engine Core. The complete version unfortunately relies on some changes to SRPG_Core that haven't been approved yet, so it kind of crashes for everyone except me, so nix on posting that one just yet.

The range recursion depth exceeded thing sounds more like an issue with how big your attack ranges are. I've noticed some lag from the base engine once it hits around 9 on the basic attack (or just having 3~4 and a move range around 8)

John_Perry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The range recursion depth exceeded thing sounds more like an issue with how big your attack ranges are. I've noticed some lag from the base engine once it hits around 9 on the basic attack (or just having 3~4 and a move range around 8)
Thanks! It has been fixed when I change enemy's attack range.
But still the error occurs with map attack plugin even though I applied Yanfly's Battle engine core.
I'll be waiting for you to work done with the map attack plugin :)

Last edited:

Steamknight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Spent some time testing and digging around- it should work if you set the level scaling method to check the whole party instead of the party members in battle. This is because the SRPG battles don't always initialize the players before the enemies (it's based on the event IDs) so it can't tell who's in combat yet, and defaults to level 1.
Thanks Doktor_Q I appreciate you looking into it. I will try it when I get home. I imagine the only downside to that is if there are reserve party members who fall behind in levels, the enemies will scale lower as a result. I wonder if it is possible to adjust Yanfly's level plug in to scale based on a specific actor's level rather than a mean average?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smeinela