Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[simple Stupid Gaming] Item Sort
version 1.0.1
by Heartbreak61​

INTRODUCTION
This script came from a request

The way RPG Maker MV sort things is by their id. Usually we create our skill from weaker ones to stronger ones. It means that our weaker skills will always be displayed before our stronger ones. And for some occasion, this is counter intuitive.

This simple-stupid plugin will sort your skills, items, and equipments by user's defined value. It will try to sort based by first Sort Value, then objects with the same first value will be sorted by second Sort Value. Finally, if there are object with same first and second value, they will be sorted by ID.

FEATURES
- Sort Items, Skills, and Equipments to your liking
- Easy setup

SCREENSHOT
N/A

HOW TO USE
Save this file and place it on your js/plugin folder. Specify global sort value using this plugin parameter, then you can manually attach values to your skills, items, or equipments.

To set individual values, please write

<sort_value: Number, Number> on items/skills/equipments note.

Example
Item 1 ==> not set (the value will be replaced by global value 100, 100)
Item 2 ==> <sort_value: 101, 103>
Item 3 ==> <sort_value: 100, 100>
Item 4 ==> <sort_value: 100, 103>
Item 5 ==> <sort_value: 900, 1>
Item 6 ==> <sort_value: 900, 1>

Using descending mode, the order on the Item Screen will be something like this:

Item 5 Item 6
Item 2 Item 4
Item 1 Item 3

Plugin Parameters

Code:
Name: Default Sort Value 1Description: Default sort value 1 for items, skills, and equipmentsDefault: 100Name: Default Sort Value 2Description: Default sort value 2 for items, skills, and equipmentsDefault: 100
SCRIPT
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n59e0mqukds2l3s/SSG_ItemSort.js?dl=0

FAQ
Nothing yet

TERM OF USE
Free to use on both commercial or non-commercial project as long as you give credits to me. ;)

CHANGELOG
2015.11.15 ver 1.0.0
- Finished the script

2015.11.26 ver 1.0.1
- Added: documentation on each function
- Changed: Moved some function to SSG_Heartbreak variables

Last edited:

joshiro

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Definitely going to give this a try. Thanks for making it!

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am surprised more people haven't said anything here. This is one of those plugins that, I suppose, you may not know you need it until you do.

And once you do you're desperate to find it. :D

Heartbreak61

Wandering Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@roguedeus: and you're the beta tester for new version, lol

Koru-chan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm the sort of idiot that has a massive item list with no sorting within the database whatsoever, but I'd never once thought to look for a plugin that did this.  Roguedeus is a genius for requesting this and you are a saint for making it.  Thanks!

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Hello,

I'm trying to use your plugin with yanfly plugin and RPG Maker mv 1.31 but I get a crash when I'm trying to look into the weapon field. 

I have something like : Type Error - Cannot Read property "0" of undefined 

Here my Log : 

pixi.js:20096 
    Pixi.js 4.0.0 - ✰ Canvas ✰     http://www.pixijs.com/    ♥♥♥ 

rpg_managers.js:1756 TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined
    at file:///I:/RPGMAKER_MV/RPG%20Fighter%20League%20Project%20-%20131a/js/plugins/SSG_ItemSort.js:128:25
    at Array.sort (native)
    at Object.SSG_Heartbreak.itemSort (file:///I:/RPGMAKER_MV/RPG%20Fighter%20League%20Project%20-%20131a/js/plugins/SSG_ItemSort.js:120:8)
    at Window_ItemList.makeItemList (file:///I:/RPGMAKER_MV/RPG%20Fighter%20League%20Project%20-%20131a/js/plugins/SSG_ItemSort.js:196:19)
    at Window_ItemList.refresh (file:///I:/RPGMAKER_MV/RPG%20Fighter%20League%20Project%20-%20131a/js/rpg_windows.js:2008:10)
    at Window_ItemList.setCategory (file:///I:/RPGMAKER_MV/RPG%20Fighter%20League%20Project%20-%20131a/js/rpg_windows.js:1916:14)
    at Window_ItemCategory.update (file:///I:/RPGMAKER_MV/RPG%20Fighter%20League%20Project%20-%20131a/js/rpg_windows.js:1879:26)
    at file:///I:/RPGMAKER_MV/RPG%20Fighter%20League%20Project%20-%20131a/js/rpg_core.js:6485:19
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at WindowLayer.update (file:///I:/RPGMAKER_MV/RPG%20Fighter%20League%20Project%20-%20131a/js/rpg_core.js:6483:19)

Do you think it's something you can fix? Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks for your time :D

KinoCornell

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The file is no longer at the link provided. Is there a new location for the plugin? This is exactly what I'm needing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Writing out an idea for the No Travel Game Jam. I have a general plot and challenge written out, it's just a matter of filling the rest in and making it interesting.
A definite difficult time right now. How is everyone doing during this pandemic? I already have seen furloughs and layoffs.
Hollow 1977 wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. :)
My elderly neighbor whom I've been buying groceries for just got carried out of his home on a stretcher by guys with hazmat suits. Considering I've been his only point of contact for the past month it's probably safe to say my boss was right to tell me to stay home once I developed a mild cough after all.
Damn. All these new features to the forums. Takes some getting used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seogenics