Servidion

Last Soul Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First off I have all of Yanfly's plugins.

So I would like to know how to create a stacking state that has stacks consumed when certain abilities are used. I'll give an example.

Gunslinger: Starts with 12 stacks of the "Ammo" state. Abilities use between 1 and 6 ammo each. If only 3 ammo is remaining, then the 6 ammo ability cannot be used. Once all ammo has been consumed the "Ammo" state is removed and a state called "Reloading" is automatically applied for one turn (During this turn the gunslinger can do whatever he wants from items to subclass skills), after which the "Reloading" buff is removed and "Ammo" is again rebuilt to 12 stacks. Additionally you can use a skill called "Reload" early to bring your ammo count back up to 12.

Can this be done?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why using buffs for this?

A buff is a temporary change to a parameter, but having ammo or not should not change the actor parameters.

A better way to handle this would be to define the ammo as items and use a skill cost script to require one or more parts of that item to be available as a cost of the skill.

And make a reload skill that simply sets the number of ammo-items to 12 by common event when used.

Servidion

Last Soul Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry. I meant more of a stacking state. The reason for this is that it would have a visual cue on the actor's portrait during combat showing how many stacks they have. It wouldn't actually change any parameters.

I thought about using ammo as an item, but then they would have to go into the item list during combat to see how much ammo they have remaining. That would be like casting spells without being able to see your MP bar.

Servidion

Last Soul Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With the skill cost script it doesn't show how many you have remaining, though, does it? Though that ammunition plugin seems interesting, I think it may be a little more complicated than I may need (Only have one class out of around 42 classes that uses ammo).

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It shows how many of the items you have left.

Servidion

Last Soul Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well that settles it for me.

Only question now is how do I have a reload button run a common event during combat? Still learning.

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The ammo draws from which ammo you have equipped and how much you have in the inventory. There's no need for a reload function.

Servidion

Last Soul Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The main issue with that is balancing. If you can just stockpile a ton of ammo in your inventory then you can just spam your most powerful abilities on every trash fight. The reason for the 12 ammo is so you need to pick and choose which abilities you want to use before taking a turn to reload. On a boss maybe you'll use your hardest hit twice (all 12 ammo) before taking a turn to reload, whereas in a regular fight maybe you just want to use a 2-hit combo for 2 ammo since the mobs have far less health. That means multiple turns before reloading.

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If your scared of over use then you can make ammo scarce/exspensive enough so that players won't spam them, make the stronger skills cost more ammo, or use Yanfly's skill cooldown script to add a certain number of times the skill can be used before the player has to wait X amount of turns for it to be used again.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."
I decided to reinstall one of my most favourite game of all times, Gothic 2. Time to get back to Khorinis!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ianarts