Stand-alone Linux Editor

Tigersong

Furry Fellow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does anyone know when the stand-alone version of MV will be updated for Mac and Linux? Will there be an announcement, an email, or what? You know what they say about tigers and curiosity...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can bet that there will be an announcement, but no one here can even guess on when that will be.

matthew30903

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It would be wonderful to have a standalone version, but they seem to favor Steam at the moment.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@matthew30903 that has nothing to do with "favoring", there is a technical problem with the standalone for Mac (and I assume the same goes for Linux) and the (limited) number of programmers Degica has were tasked with working on bugfixes and general improvements first, they can't work on everything at the same time.

matthew30903

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Andar, I never meant it to mean that they are not concerned with the standalone users. Sorry if I came off like that. Just that there is DRM already implemented in Steam and it takes a strain off Degica's and Kadokawa's programmers to work on other things at the moment. It is fully understandable, most of us would rather have a working standalone over one that still has unresolved bugs.

Sorry again for being ambiguous in my meaning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x
Looked out side and couldn't see the neighbor's house through the snow. That age old Christmas song started going through my head. "It's a lovely day to say the heck at home."
Last year, I planted a bunch of spinach, and one plant wasn't doing well, so I transferred it to a separate pot. All its kin died while it hibernated over winter. Now it thrives. I've named it Prince Spinach.
Scooby Doo on Zombie Island is anime and you cant change my mind.
I guess the concept of friendship has changed :") Today I saw a very quiet boy getting bullied by his 'friends' because he wasn't talking. They made a circle and made him sit in the middle and were nagging him saying hey talk, sing a song, do this tongue twister etc. etc. And I could totally see the discomfort in the boy's face. Glad I don't have 'friends' lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muhlijem