RMMV Stand-out, high level plug-n-play engine improvements?

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question; has anyone ever made a list of the typical, useful engine-enhancing improvement plugins for RPGMMV, which don't really require much configuration?

To give an example, I'm presently using the "RenderFix" plugin, which prevents those outlying, rare situations where an MV game hangs, leaving the game playing but the visuals permanently frozen, requiring a restart. This plugin has no real instructions or configuration (in fact it has zero config), you just drop it in.

I've seen a fair few plugins over the years, things like pre-loaders, or stuff that makes the engine's framerate more even. However, I've never really looked at them in much detail.

Does anyone know of any plugins which are either zero config, or very little, with few side-effects other than a near-universal improvement to your game?

Just prior to my Steam release later this year I've got a bit of iteration time, and I wanted to see if I could find something that might even out performance, etc.

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks @SigmaSuccour!

I'm trying out the pair of Irina plugins; I can see already they improve my performance but need to test thoroughly to be sure they don't introduce any bugs.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i want to make videogame, though i am burned out on games with RPG elements, but the only gamedev tool i know how to use is rpg maker. :/
Rakon wrote on xizorandy's profile.
Hello! I found a post of lightning strike pictures you posted. You said you made them, am I allowed to use them in my commercial project. Would be really cool!^^
evhht2zr.png

Have a nice day!
It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hallistra