RMMZ Star passage fix and Large Sprite fix without dependences.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello I want a plugin which fixes the passage on star tiles.
Currently when you set the passages like this:
1628005734670.png
The characters can still can go through, however this doesn't happen when the tile is O

I mean, if you put for example a O stair with passage <- · it doesn't let you go to the right side but only to the left side, but if you change the stair to * and you set the passage to <- ., the characters just goes through as it is <- ->

Additionally, I need help with Large Sprite Fix, @OcRam already made one, but it requires a Core Script plugin which is very likely to overwrite many other functions and cause compatibility or display issues with other plugins (like don't display properly star tiles of Layer 2~3 if you use Scs Map Zoom).

Can someone please provide me a solution?
Plugins I use which affects Maps: Map Zoom (from MultiTweaks) [MZ]

EDIT: Solution for Star passability fix provided by ShadowDragon here.
Still need help for Large Sprite fix without dependences (full plug n play).
Also added a new issue and changed title.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is currently one that I know off found here, it's by ocram, no forum
for it, but most from the others, its free for non commercial I think,
at least for MV, commercial require a license though.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
there is currently one that I know off found here, it's by ocram, no forum
for it, but most from the others, its free for non commercial I think,
at least for MV, commercial require a license though.

Thank you for reply. The problem of this one is that requires a core script, and I don't think it's ideal to use core scripts just to fix a function since core scripts tends to replace other functions which could cause conflicts with others scripts, for my project I need the most "standalone" scripts possible, and only use core scripts for way more elaborated things like for example an advanced lightning system, 3d maps, etc.

Also, I'm pointing a directional fix, not an issue with large sprites, but yes now that you pointed the large sprite fix, I would also need this too.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
another way which is not ideal for 3D maps is event it with region check.
but I dont know any other way.

Hudell might have one, but more as a paid one.
but I cannot tell a better way.

ocram has one for MV with the core inside. and there are others with arent
that good, but some event it to see when it's in front.

another way you can try with is a bit more advanced with tiling is the
one with TF_billboard?

it's not a direct fix for stars, but it use stars to go behind and better in front.
so I cannot tell if it exactly work for big sprites as well.

otherwise, it need to be requested.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No, I mentioned 3d maps plugin because I'm going to use it on very specific maps (like, 1 map out of 100). But I'm using the standard 2d maps in 99% cases. Still, I need a completely plug and play plugin to fix the star passability issue for default mapping.

Gonna check TF_billboard now, looks like it will fix my issue, it is mainly for trees, all I will need is shorten a little the trunk size of each tree, it's an easy task :)

Thank you! Gonna post again to tell if the issue was fixed or still require help.

EDIT: Almost forgot, still need a Large Sprite fix that doesn't require any dependence :(

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you @ShadowDragon the plugin worked perfectly, I configured the passability like this for trees:
1629147824409.png

With the middle tiles passability configured as told in the plugin description and the result is perfect.

Now all I need is a large sprite fix with no plugin dependences, but gonna open a new topic for this request, since is another matter. Gonna edit this post to put the link just in case someone also needs help with this. For now I'm going to use Ocram core and his star passability fix, but it already has display conflicts with Scs Map Zoom (surely due overwrites of its core plugin).

EDIT: Found I could change title, won't open a new thread then.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?
I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadAtticProductions