atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Forgive me that my response is so old now compared to your post, but I just saw this and wanted to know how most of it wasn't realistic to you? Were you talking about just the beginning or further from that point?

Here are my thoughts on it. I think it suited the character of the prince to start the game in the town itself, showing he cares somewhat about visiting the civilians and enjoyed freedom to just explore a little. The prince values that a lot and it plays well with the belief he'd want to go places by himself, without guards, when his adventure starts later. He can also manage by himself and knows this. At least, that was my take on it.

So nothing unrelaistic or slow there in my opinion. Most RPGs have you explore that first town, some have it right at the beginning other have it a little later, but I don't see how this made the story "slow" when compared to other RPGs that do similar stuff like this, it's part of the whole point of a RPG game!

I can agree, to a small extent, some of the dialogue at times seems a bit over obvious, if you're saying that with your unrealistic comment, but at the same time a game it's not meant to be like real-life spot-on. Stating the obvious is revealing character thoughts, and good stories usually reveal character thoughts like that to the player. In real-life we don't reveal our thoughts the same way, but in stories and games it usually enchants them more.

I felt the start built up the atmosphere for the game more, and it wouldn't have been as fun we didn't explore the town and understand the outside of the kingdom, the civilians and what it's like. Since it plays an important role in the game later it makes sense to do this.

You are right that when we dream we aren't usually conscious enough like the prince was here, but is this just a normal dream? No, it's demonic and supernatural in nature. (Explained well later). It makes sense for the prince to be self-aware and conscious of it, because of the dream's nature, and the way his character is I have no problem with him being navie to that fact when he wakes up. But even then he IS troubled and disturbed by that dream.

The Prince character is simple, innocent, and to an extent has been living in a bubble, so of course it alarms him to discover a girl is locked up in a tower. As stated earlier, he knows he can handle it himself so it makes sense he rushes off to put this right. What's wrong or unrealistic about that? I don't see it.

Then you said "None of it felt believable enough for the setting presented."? What else was a problem? I don't see them.

You're entitled to your opinion, and maybe that's really how the game plays out for some people, but that completely clashes with my experience long ago, (just started playing the game again and looking at a LP to check I was right too.) so I wanted to share my opinion here.

I also want to comment here that, so long as you mean Richard as the adviser, he did not want the prince going out alone and persisted he doesn't, but the prince was the on who insisted, and is he going to really keep arguing with a stubborn prince? Not to add the fact that technically the prince may be young, but his authority over the kingdom is vital (first plot twist well explained later), and the adviser know that, so there is no stopping the prince.

This is good enough to justify it in my opinion, but on top of that there is also the whole other aspect of that different second plot twist that comes later, I'm sure the adviser let it go because he wants the certain plot twist to stay a secret, and just thought if he did meet the girl, he'd agree she's fine out there, and nothing too bad would happen. That's my cents on it.

Last edited:

Ronove

♫꒰・‿・๑꒱
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As much as everyone loves to beat a dead horse, I didn't respond to the question for help so people would bring up previous criticisms. I'd appreciate it if people refrained from responding to very old posts no matter how much you may think their opinion is off and you want to add your two cents. That's not to say I don't appreciate the thought but at this point, it doesn't matter too much. The post is old. The game is even older.

Dankovsky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
RU
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @Ronove. You made a great game that rightly deserves its spot on the RPGM Patheon. Frankly only a few RPG Maker games reach this status, and you should be proud. Noone can take that away from you.

So I don't think you should be bothered when somebody doesn't like something in the game or criticizes it. I think as a creator you still worry too much about it, despite you saying that it's old and doesn't matter now. People should be free to say what they want and when they want and to share their experience - and I think it's great that people are still playing the game. I think RM games in general age slower than traditional games, perhaps because RPGM games are designed as retro by default.

Hope you'll make another RPG someday, I'll be glad to play it.

Vincent Chu

Writer and translator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the help. I would never have thought of looking there as I expected the tome to have fallen somewhere outdoors.
I agree with what @atoms and @Dankovsky said too.

Aoifematcha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I played your game and it really, really well crafted, especially the puzzles in dungeon. Nice story by the way. Look forward to your next game project.

onekksu

Emin Can Homalioglu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice graphics! A inspirational game. : kaoslp:

about7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really great work.

I thought you did a really great job on the trailer. I hope I will be able to make something of similar quality one day!

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I remember starting this when it first came out and being immensely charmed by it and not quite finishing, not sure if it was just a demo release back then or if I got distracted with something else.

I should finish this. I remember this being a really beautiful game, and I don't just mean the graphics.

valarmorghulis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Wow, I don't know why I'm so late about this (like 7 years late), but I just finished playing your game and I think it's awesome. Design and graphics are just cool, the story and puzzle are also very engaging. My favorite is the maidens' names. The battle was abit hard that other games but I think that what makes this one special (I don't know what I do without those hints and strategies walkthrough). Hopefully the creator will make another great game again someday. Meanwhile, good luck with whatever you're doing now.

I personally rated this game 4.0/5.0

Ronove

♫꒰・‿・๑꒱
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you. Also I'm sorry the first post is a literal mess because photobucket is terrible.
-- EDIT: Fixed the first post. Hopefully everything stays this time and I can go back to not worrying about it.

Last edited:

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I got stuck on The Old boss :( he is so hard!! but I love the game :)

Eric_SD-RPG-Studio

Writer - Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I played this game a few years ago and it was a masterpiece. Kudos to you for developing such a piece of art. From the premise to the story, characters, setting, atmosphere, graphics, mapping, there are a gentle charming to them that's really irresistible. One of the Hall of Fame RPG Maker games and one of the highest examples of how story-driven game developing should be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally the new pc is working!! But it seems a lost my license to Windows 10 because of the hardware changing :(
Tune in next time for our newest Episode: "PC issues return! Palm uses every swear in the lexicon!"
gotta update my game project thread page later
So trying out Ultra Mode 7 was a bad idea. How do I not include this in my game? XD
Stumbled upon an RPG Maker game on Steam called 'Boobs vs Zombies' while looking for a zombie themed fantasy RTS. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fr34ksh0w_w1ll0w