Not open for further replies.

Doogerie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was jsut wondering if anyine as considerd maping a not for profit star wars pack I know it's all copyrighted but I am shoure if toy contacted Disany (as they hold the IP) and ask for the wright to use it, it shoud be ok don't you think?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perhaps it was OK when Lucas hold the copyright, but Disney has been known to go heavy on anyone with even the slightest form of copyright infringment or trademark violation. And Star Wars is such a big merchandise that you can bet on them requiring large fees for any right to use it...

OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Just stay away from anything that can lead to copyright infringement, they will always find ways to make them pay you with the money you don't have, Lucas would be cool about it but you don't want to make deals with Disney they will mess you over when you least expect it.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The problem isn't copyright it's trademark.  Star Wars is heavily trademarked and owned by Disney now who NEVER shares, so you'd have a rough time doing anything with that IP.

This isn't a resource request.  I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

7DcJlIG.png

Made a lot of progress on the tileset for the more sumptuous interior areas for the priory
I keep thinking up of new changes or improvements... Edit: Forgot to add the image Gimpwork.JPG
Hello, my nickname is Rigomor, but I am also known as Mopsikus. I work on RPG Maker games, and are currently working on a game called Peony of War.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexFliv0