JohnDoeNews

Mod on Steam (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This year I won't be able to make a full Advent calendar but I'll be posting a few things over the month.

You may use the following tiles in any project, commercial or non-commercial. Please credit Starbird.

View attachment 246477
Cute. Little suggestion: The bottom of the plant is a perfectly straight horizontal line. I think that is a little oversight? May I suggest covering that line up with the front of the bowl, like this?

(I did not draw anything in this edit myself, I just cut out part of the empty bowl and put it in front of the filled one.)
1670014741864.png

I love the option to put a squirrel or a bird in there, though.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Cute. Little suggestion: The bottom of the plant is a perfectly straight horizontal line. I think that is a little oversight? May I suggest covering that line up with the front of the bowl, like this?

(I did not draw anything in this edit myself, I just cut out part of the empty bowl and put it in front of the filled one.)
View attachment 246479

I love the option to put a squirrel or a bird in there, though.
yep, oversight. fixed in the post now, thanks!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
These are RTP Edits. You must own RPG Maker MZ to use in your project. Can be used in any project, commercial or non-commercial, provided you own RPG Maker MZ. Please credit Starbird.

Day 1 (sorry, out of order):
1670169248807.png

Day 4: Cannons and Drums

1670162467052.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Please credit Starbird.

Day 8:
1670781039914.png
1670880768249.png
1671047440473.png

Day 9:
Magical Statue - thanks to @Avery for the idea to do some clumping as a quick Advent calendar project

The idea is that the different objects the statue holds "become real" -- something a little different than a treasure chest or enemy drop.

1670785242185.png

Last edited:

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Love those statues. I had done something similar with one of Avery's statues not having/having an orb. These up so many more possibilities. Maps, potions, books, treasures, gold, and even a turkey??? I love the statue gifts--> come to life transitions. Thank you.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Love those statues. I had done something similar with one of Avery's statues not having/having an orb. These up so many more possibilities. Maps, potions, books, treasures, gold, and even a turkey??? I love the statue gifts--> come to life transitions. Thank you.
Hey, if you're stuck in a dungeon maybe you need a hot meal more than you need another bag of gold, who knows? lol

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think getting a hot meal in the middle of a dungeon is something that the RPG world has been missing. I'm glad that oversight has now been fixed.

Going back a bit, I'm particularly grateful for a diagonal fence.
Thank you.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looking forward to see what you have in stock(ing) for Day ?□▲▫ !?!?

Also, matching battle weapons would be fun, so you can buy them in a shop where they are displayed and then actually fight with it ;D

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

render000.png
been using old character designs I had from high school for npcs in my game. seeing as the original idea of my game was a comic, I've got a LOT of designs for characters sitting around. a lot of people aren't a part of the story anymore, so I'll make 'em npcs.
I am doing the evaluation of the feedback from the students who played my game and the comments are killing me. "it was good, we just did not have any smart trains of thought" xD
My goal this month will be to get back to organizing assets and make a prototype scene with multiple airships hovering or flying over the world map.
Having a hard time getting playtesters for one of my Unity games. No one seems to be interested. :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucifer821