Staring a Shop - Advice?

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by Gabrelik, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabrelik

Gabrelik Almighty Maker of Sandwiches Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi! 

I was curious if anyone who has completed artwork for commission would have any advice on rates, etc? I'm new to this and I've been asked to complete a few commissions recently. While I don't mind, I thought it might be easier to set up a shop in the classifieds to help facilitate everything. I'm thinking mostly battlers, but have no idea what a good rate might be? I've included some examples of my work, so that perhaps those more experienced might be able to tell me where to start.

Thanks in advance!

WoofWht.png

Truffle.png

Birdraptor.png

Raptor.png

Ragnarosbattler.png

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2016
  2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you should check the classified offer area, there are other artists who placed their commission prices. You can compare that, but keep in mind that the rates in this community are usually on the low side for several reasons.

3. Gabrelik

Gabrelik Almighty Maker of Sandwiches Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, of course! I actually intended to be extremely low so that people can get what they need at a decent rate. I've certainly been in their shoes, and that was the main reason I wanted to ask first, to set a baseline.

I've been going through the Resource Request forum and helping out as I can, but some of these messaged requests are going to involve a good deal more time.  I've checked the classifieds, but the rates seem to vary by skill level and I can't find a happy medium. I suppose it's more about what somebody is comfortable paying, but can that be left open ended in the ad, or is it better to have a set rate p/h, etc?

EDIT: I think I have a good idea of where to start. Thanks, @Andar for the advice. I really appreciate the help! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2016
  4. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.