Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! 

I was curious if anyone who has completed artwork for commission would have any advice on rates, etc? I'm new to this and I've been asked to complete a few commissions recently. While I don't mind, I thought it might be easier to set up a shop in the classifieds to help facilitate everything. I'm thinking mostly battlers, but have no idea what a good rate might be? I've included some examples of my work, so that perhaps those more experienced might be able to tell me where to start.

Thanks in advance!

WoofWht.png

Truffle.png

Birdraptor.png

Raptor.png

Ragnarosbattler.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you should check the classified offer area, there are other artists who placed their commission prices. You can compare that, but keep in mind that the rates in this community are usually on the low side for several reasons.

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, of course! I actually intended to be extremely low so that people can get what they need at a decent rate. I've certainly been in their shoes, and that was the main reason I wanted to ask first, to set a baseline.

I've been going through the Resource Request forum and helping out as I can, but some of these messaged requests are going to involve a good deal more time.  I've checked the classifieds, but the rates seem to vary by skill level and I can't find a happy medium. I suppose it's more about what somebody is comfortable paying, but can that be left open ended in the ad, or is it better to have a set rate p/h, etc?

EDIT: I think I have a good idea of where to start. Thanks, @Andar for the advice. I really appreciate the help! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

JDgoldvox wrote on Mr. Detective's profile.
hey, could u help me with a problem? basically, How do I delete a character from a map after a cut scene is over? I am really new with RPG maker MV. Please help!
The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
superfluffy