Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello guys! I've started learning how to make sprites using Piskels! xD It's a very helpful and simple tool for newbies, by the way. :) And I've also started making some silly sketches that I hope you'll like! ^_^ Enjoy! :D

PIXELS:

Klein, the main character of Rave Heart. :)
Update 3
gVlmVJl.gif

Ellemine, the Empathic Princess.
Update 4
zsvLFO4.gif

Chad, the Human Prince.
Update 4
H176LAb.gif

Veronica, the Witch bar-owner/Waitress.
Update 2
yA27sMd.gif

Sola, the Feline Gunner.
Update 3
QmWRbOw.gif

Jester Enemy pixel based on Finnuval's really cool concept art!
svBzUrp.png
PdBUF1B.png

SKETCHES:

Rave Heart cast sketch:
6vpiTUj.jpg

"Meteors at dawn":
fsDUlew.jpg

"Dreaming free":
cTfFh6E.jpg

"Waiting on the other side":
k1f9zFr.jpg

Thanks for checking out my official spriting/art thread! Hope to have more soon! ^_^

Last edited:

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That actually looks really good. The only thing I’d say is off would be the placement of the nose and lack of a right eye.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow! Now that you mention it @NeoFantasy , this guy's getting a right eye ASAP (and a new position of the nose)! xDD Thank you so much. ^_^

EDIT:

Hmm, I how about this? XD
0bP6wRf.gif

Last edited:

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looking good, especially for someone who just started!
Some issues I can still spot:
His sword-arm is shorter than the other one.
You should look into some basic pixel art stuff on how to create smooth edges (may it be outline or the edge of a shape).
Here's a tutorial on what I'm talking about:

(EDIT: around 2:30)

There are a lot of great pixel art tutorials out there =)

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi @Plueschkatze ! Thank you so much for your feedback and for spotting the length of his sword arm!! xD Wow! That's a very helpful tutorial, as I've also been struggling with the lines and stuff x(( But this is very helpful!! Great share, Plueschkatze!! ^__^ I'm going to start working on improving it now! XDD

EDIT:

Hmm, here's what I have so far: I have fixed some of the jagged lines on the legs, made his weapon arm longer and gave it some sort of motion. :)

1CyUaVQ.gif

Last edited:

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, this is unfair. You didn't keep the pictures there, so we mère mortals can't watch another mortal improve himself :D But I agree, it's a very decent sprite!

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi @Poryg ! Ohh!! My bad!! XDD I'm sorry that I removed them, but I promise to keep them this time on future improvisations of the sprite ;) Thank you so much Poryg!! ^_^

Btw, this was the sprite before the latest update. xD
1UvfPev.gif

zebby

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the animation on this, it's really good! There's something about the "get ready" frames that feels off to me (when he takes position right before slashing). I'm not sure if it's the position as a whole or just the arms or the feet but something feels off about it. Wait, hold on... I think I know it now! You can't really tell where his torso ends and where his legs begin in that position. I think that's it. :kaoswt2:

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello @Zebestian ! Thank you so much! ^_^ Wow, you're right! xDD Truthfully, I had a very hard time figuring out how to emphasize the line between his torso and legs using darker colors, but to no avail. x(( Hmm, I'm going to find out how other sprites do it. xDD Thanks so much once again, Zebestian. :)

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm currently working on the animated battler sprite for Ellemine, the Empathic Princess of Rave Heart. xD
Bd4jNyk.png

Creating her silhouette is already very challenging, how much more doing her animations x(((

EDIT:

Here's her Idle sprite so far. xD
yMeq3Dk.gif

Last edited:

CaptainRadish

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nice job, I think Ellemine is adorable. :biggrin:

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like your progress!
On Ellemine's sprite I would change the mid part of her skirt, because it looks like the skirt is heavily breathing, making it more subtle might help.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you so much @CaptainRadish ! ^__^ I'm glad you think that Ellemine's kawaii! XD

Thank you so much too, @Plueschkatze !! I've worked around Ellemine's sprite now, thanks to the breathing skirt that you just spotted! ^_^

Btw, here's the updated Ellemine along with her new anims:
qD2SAYm.gif

A bonus too: Idle sprite for Chad, the Human Prince from Rave Heart:
LDbDwun.gif

So far, Chad's silhouette was the simplest to make for me, thankfully, he didn't have any other significant details and he has short hair. xD

Last edited:

zebby

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like Ellemine~! The only thing I could say about her is that her right eye (from her point of view) seems a little too far over in her idle sprite. I'd maybe move it towards her nose by like one pixel. :D
Chad on the other hand: the animation is good, but he's way out of proportion. His one arm seems to be thicker than his sword arm and he doesn't seem to have any shoulders. The head could use a tiny bit more volume too I think. It's a solid base, just needs a little bit of a touch-up~ :kaopride:

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, thank you so much @Zebestian !! And thanks so much for pointing those out! xD You're right about Ellemine's right eye and Chad's right arm as well as head volume. Gonna work it on them now! ^_^

EDIT:

Here are the updated sprites for Chad and Ellemine. xD

Rgyiolg.gif

y7CM5wF.gif

Hmm, I wonder. xDD

Last edited:

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Great job!!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well turns out I'm not going to the fair... COVID cases way too high in my state. Instead I'll just go to Chuck E Cheese's and transfer all my tickets from Orlando to my normal PlayPass wristband.

The Sinners who Never Sinned thread has been approved by the moderators! Thank you so much!
:ewat:

index.php
I oughta set up my itch.io, but I'm like, uugghhh I DON'T WANNA. :kaocry: Why does errything feel like such a chore right now? I don't wanna just complain tho, so y'all got any hot tips for how to make a really pretty, sexy, sweaty, flowery itch.io page? BEST TIP WINS. :kaoluv:

Also here's a beautiful nymph to liven up the day for y'all! (No it's not me.)

alice_nymph(old).png
Hello again, guys! Today, I come to you with not one, not two, but THREE new emotion busts for Ramona!
RAng2FPS.gifRAng5FPS.gif
Anger

RWin2FPS.gifRWin5FPS.gif
Wink

RCry2FPS.gifRCry5FPS.gif
Crying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrymon