Star's Favour

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Indrah, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Evan Finkel

Evan Finkel Modeling Beholder Veteran

Cool! Then gonna download it~

2. Indrah

Indrah Megane Berserker Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Haven't you played it already? There's no new content, I just fixed a few bugs.

3. Evan Finkel

Evan Finkel Modeling Beholder Veteran

Yep, I've played and completed it - If there's just only bug-fixes, I'll leave it.

4. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey. Thought I'd try the game out.

Art style looks pretty captivating and has a nice charm to it. Some of the music is pretty nice too. Though you've left all the default menu sounds. Would've been nicer to change them to something else.

Some nice ideas there with different type of enemy encounters and the silver ones giving upgrades to skills. But there are too many encounters. The blue slimes are around every corner. And there's like one place with 4 treasure chests, each one being guarded by a different encounter. Since I don't know what's in the chests, I don't know if it's worth my time fighting all those battles.

I am finding the encounters pretty repetitive. In each one I am just using the offensive spells by each character, and if someone gets hit, then I simply get the healer to heal them and everyone else to attack. There's not much else happening in battles. Even the boss guy just did the same thing, with an occasional paralysis. Also, nearly every enemy has too much HP. The battles just drag on. I might be the only one here, but I did not really enjoy the fights. With enemies that have too much HP and each character only having 2 skills, I am doing the same thing in every battle.

Also, I am not really getting the plot. I know you mentioned in the opening post that there isn't one, but everything is just so random. The characters do seem to have some charm to them, but it's not really enough to keep me hooked on the game. The game just feels like a dungeon crawler more than anything else.

I had to stop playing after half an hour, because there were still too many encounters left in the temple and I was starting to get bored. Maybe the game is just not my cup of tea. I was hoping to like it, since the screenshots make it look really promising. If I had to recommend one thing it's to change the pace a bit from time to time. Just fighting the entire time gets boring quickly.

5. Indrah

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not in a very good mood (from something unrelated, it's not you, sorry bout that but I honestly have no energy for positivity right now) so I can't go point by point without sounding all aggro, but thanks for the feedback.

I honestly could not and would not be able to do better since the game was cranked out in a week as a challenge to myself and it's the first time I managed all aspects of it (first time ever doing gameplay) so this was simply the best I could do, and I'm okay with that. It's a pity it didn't grab you, but that's life I guess.

Matseb2611 likes this.
  6. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not to worry, Indrah. :p I know it's been done over a mere week, so that's understandable. Kudos on getting the whole game done in such a short time. I would've personally preferred fewer encounters, but with more strategy to each one, if time was short. Did you do the art? That was probably one of the things I quite enjoyed (and I am not normally into cutesy styles).

7. Yangfly Master

Yangfly Master Jack of All Trades, you know, the Lone Wolf. Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It seems that the guy is in such a harém!

Gonna play it later.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
  8. Indrah

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hahaha...yeah, you do that. I'll be curious to see what you think of this "harem" XDDD

Makio-Kuta likes this.
  9. Yangfly Master

Yangfly Master Jack of All Trades, you know, the Lone Wolf. Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That's a harem i would prefer not be involved... XDD

That's a pretty funny game.

Nice Faces did you make them?

I laughed at that joke that Mab was born in a brothel...

*adds to sig

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
  10. Indrah

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The faces are from Tora's avatar maker (purchased). I posted a link a few posts back.

11. Indrah

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update!
    The fantastic Crazy_Leen has translated the game to German
    You can find it over here.

12. Fireworker

Fireworker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    After our talk on Rootbound, decided to try and go through some of your other games. I loved this short romp through a star temple. A quick 1h20 min and 100% completion really made for a quick trip.

I found the combat to be easy to medium. You certainly couldn't just spam attacks. My strategy evolved as the game progressed, from simply buffing Karnak and using the multihit attack skill (Bladedance as its final form) to fully buffing the team and stacking Curses/Bleeds to deal significant damage over time.

The final fights were really well made. Additional enemies popping in, having to manage to not hit specific foes, all great stuff.

The items weren't used very much beyond the Energy restoring ones but I used the Rest combat option a fair bit.

I would have loved to see more fights that required rotating the skills you used. The one I'm referring to do it flawlessly and I loved needing to change my plans to compensate.

I'm glad there was nothing as insane as Your Mom/Counter from Rootbound and this was really fun to go through.

Cheers for another great game!