Cvrtis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Hello, I have not found a similar theme or script, so my question is:

there are somewhere the script with settings effect when encounter battle start? (I means effect when flash and zoom).

I want to change that effect or, on first time, at least, turn it off.

Thank You.

UPD. I'm commented rows with EncounterEffect in rpg_scenes.js (between 600-700 numbers), but, of course, it's not proffesionally  :)

Last edited by a moderator:

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's called a transition effect.

I'm not sure WHERE it's located in the core plugins, but someone NEEDS to make a plugin for this.

It's getting ridiculous that there is no way to change it currently.

I conducted a search all over the net, and i could not find a plugin for transitions.. and it's pretty crazy in my mind that this has not been addressed.

Every RPG Maker prior to this one has SOME way of doing custom transitions or has a pre set list of transitions you could use.

MV is the FIRST maker to give you NO control or ability to change this what so EVER.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not bad, but it's not in english.

SumRndmDde has a plugin that allows you to edit every frame of the transition effect.:

http://sumrndm.site/custom-battle-intro/
It would be a great plugin if you could tell it to do other things, like mosaic effects, or spinning as it zooms in.. or waves.. or stretching X or stretching Y..

The fact that people are calling it a "battle intro" is kinda silly to me, it's always been known as a "battle transition" for as long as i have known.

Cvrtis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Thank You all!

Not in English - it's not a problem, I think: scripts are not big and intuitive. In any case, We can test it by rule of a thumb :D

And I want to add a little code, that remove Start Encounter Effect. Thanks to Krimer aka Dirge!

It will be useful when testing battles.

Add it in new .js file or to an existing file:

Code:
Scene_Map.prototype.updateEncounterEffect = function() {
    if (this._encounterEffectDuration > 0) {
        this._encounterEffectDuration--;
        var speed = this.encounterEffectSpeed();
        var n = speed - this._encounterEffectDuration;
        var p = n / speed;
        var q = ((p - 1) * 20 * p + 5) * p + 1;
        if (n === 2) {
			this.snapForBattleBackground();
        }
		if (n === Math.floor(speed / 10)) {
            BattleManager.playBattleBgm();
            this.startFadeOut(this.fadeSpeed());
        }
    }
};

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Guess what's next...
How you feel about font and dialogue box changing for every main character while the minor cast and regular npc get their own styles? Too much?
Just found an obviously custom effect (i.e. edited by me) in my resources>sounds folder called "rip jaw off". Dear Lord what is wrong with me as a person that at some point I needed a sound *specifically* for THAT??
(...rhetorical question.)
so like with the whole 'familiarity breeds contempt thingy', how are you supposed to tell if your title screen/battle music gets really tedious after a few dozen plays or if you're just personally hella sick of it?
YAY!!! My third help Guide STEAM integration in MV (High performance) has been posted!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
five88uytin1