djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone!  Due to a thread I saw, I figured I'd post this.

I was working on a project quite some time back that I never finished, so if you want to pick it up and work on it yourself, use the events as reference for your own project and/or just check it out and see what this is about, then go right ahead!

What this project includes is being able to customize the starting character by having the player choose their gender, sexual orientation, hair color and name.  This can help to make the player feel their choices influenced the gameplay!  How so?

In the project, after choosing a gender and sexual orientation, the character description will change appropriately, including whether you serve a Lord or Lady and how certain NPC's of your choosing will react to your character.  There is no scripting involved in the process of choosing and the only thing scripts help with is equipment, placing character description and various small things.  Everything is handled with one event, variables and a small collection of character images to show the choices made.

The event is commented and you can pretty much see what is going on.  If you're brand new to Ace and eventing is still something you're new to, this may be a bit over your head, but it can also help you to understand variables better and script calls.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cg18eqtj16yqkvu/twistedfate.rar

I hope that this project can help you to have a simplistic, yet powerful and flexible character creation event in your game.  Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

phoenix_rossy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's quite a handy little tool. It's great that you've shared it! :D

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks.  I hope others can learn from it.  It really makes the gameplay a bit more customized and dynamic.  I kinda wished I had worked on it more.  I could have added way more customization, but ah well. lol

SongQueenSaeryen

The Songstress of Harmony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't see a delete button for the character naming?

Tigersong

Furry Fellow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Any chance you might write up something to go with it? I find it helpful if I have both written instructions and an example to follow.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sword_of_Dusk wrote on BCj's profile.
Just found out about your complications. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I wish I could do something substantial for you, but our distance from each other makes that an impossibility. Still, if you ever need to talk or vent, I'm here.
Candacis wrote on BCj's profile.
I don't know, if any words will help right now, but here is a hug. And my offer to help you with Escalia, if you ever want or need help with it. Tiles or mapping especially.
MZ weather + title screen update is here! (Also includes MZ and MV RETRO demo project updates)
Get back to work! And yes, I am your real dad! Do what I say! Good day humans.
cover-clean.jpg
Small update but really happy to share with you the promotional art for the game, made by the talented @Kato-A who is also on this forum!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pouty-Poppet