Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
Starting States Script v1.0
Created by Neon Black

What is it?
This script allows battlers to start battle with any number of states active.  This allows battlers to get a boost at the start of battle that they otherwise would not have.  Starting states can be applied to anything that would give a feature, such as actors, enemies, weapons, states, etc.

How can I use it?
Place this script below materials and below main.  This script uses a single tag as follows:

• starting state[5] -or- starting states[3, 4, 5, 6] - Start battle with the state IDs listed in the brackets.  You can have as many of these as you want on any item.

What does it work with?
This overwrites nothing and should work with just about everything.

How can I get the code?
Version 1.0 (base script, 3.15.2013) is available from my pastebin account here.

I would like to use this code.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License and is available for commercial and non-commercial use.

Author's Disclaimer:
While working on my state graphics I got an amazing idea.  What if I made a monster start as one monster at the beginning of battle and change into a different monster when it was attacked.  Obviously there are ways to do this with events, but this is SO MUCH BETTER when the change is instant and the monster has all it's normal stats and skills.  And so, this script was created.  I'm sure you can think of plenty of other uses for it, but that's the one I thought up for it right away.  As always, enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rycoria

Creator of Riley
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for this! This will be useful for making a paper-mario style scanning system where a character comments on the enemy you scanned. This will allow identification of which enemy the scan skill was used on.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks a bunch for this script Neon Black :D  

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So many ideas, so little energy.
SA57Face.pngSA57_IDLE.gifThis is just a "Chinese opera actor" who is totally not a serial killer. Now, we just need to clean up a pile of dead bodies found in his backyard. :kaojoy:
E7DsT3VXsAInVpu

working on my avatar, because i couldn't stand looking at it anymore :D
still not finished though...
alpacaraptors = love!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bububoo