Stat Breakthrough

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Jenova, Jul 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenova

Jenova Because you are...a puppet! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, I was wondering how I can break the default 9999 stat cap.

I am using Yanfly Core Engine and his allocations plugin. Actor Parem/HP/MP are at max provided by the plugin but I am not sure how to break it using weapon stats and/or what notetags I would need to do so. Regular stats just keep the 9999 where it is at.

Advise me on what plugins I should use for this and how, because I am currently using A LOT of yanfly plugins and not all are fully understood.

Thanks

2. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Depends a bit on whether you want to simply have a higher cap (default is 9999 for hp & mp, 999 for atk~luk) or only break the cap when you, e.g., have particular items equipped. :kaophew:

Yanfly's Core Engine and Base Parameter Control both have plugin parameters for this. The latter also lets you customise the minimum & maximum values for each base parameter, so you can have them change depending on pretty much whatever you like (including notetags).

As an aside: I would recommend against having plugins in your project if you don't need them, e.g. don't just dump the entire Yanfly plugin library into your project for the sake of it. :kaoswt:

3. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Note that once you go over the limit it will NOT show in the editor, but in game only. That is because nothing can break the limits in the editor. So because of that reason I have to ask: Did you check in game to see what the stats are?

caethyril likes this.
  4. Jenova

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've tried using these, but like I said, it fully understood. The only thing that modifies it past the cap is Stat Allocations. Using the notetages won't do it at all. It just stays at engine cap.

Note: the cap in the plugin is as high as it goes without resetting to 123 (so I think 1q or 1s or something.)

Yep. Thing is, once I hit the engine limit, it won't go over in-game, unless I use something like Stat Allocation to modify directly in game.

5. Jenova

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can anyone explain to me how to do this? Im quite confused at this point.

6. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not sure what you mean by 123|1q|1s...JavaScript doesn't recognise abbreviations like that for large numbers, and the default maxima, as mentioned, are 9999|999.

Since you have both plugins (assuming those plugins are up-to-date and in the order recommended by Yanfly) you'll need to do this via the Base Parameter Control plugin's parameters. For example, the default formula for ATK Maximum is:
    Code:
    customMax || (user.isActor() ? 999 : 999)
    This says "check notetags for a custom maximum, otherwise it's 999 for actors and 999 for enemies". :)

If you want to change that cap to 2000 for actors and 8000 for enemies:
    Code:
    customMax || (user.isActor() ? 2000 : 8000)
    To set a custom maximum ATK value with notetags, find the appropriate item and stick something like this in its notebox:
    Code:
    <atk Max: 4000>
    Seems to all work fine for me? I gave Harold a couple of 500-atk swords: 999 atk. Put an <atk Max: 2000> tag on the sword: Harold's atk goes up to 1016. Etc. :kaoswt2:

If that's still not working, you'll have to specify exactly which plugins you're using.

Jenova likes this.
  7. Flexderection

Flexderection Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    It's useful information.

Jenova likes this.
  8. Jenova

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1q being one quadrillion and 1s being 1 septillion, but i didnt want to write it out.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. This is much more helpful than what the help file had. :)

Question: Can i put those note tags on characters? I would assume I could....

EDIT: Just tested it, works perfectly. THANK YOU Caethyril, you have helped me so many times. You have to be the most patient person I know. :)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    caethyril likes this.
  9. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @Jenova If your query is resolved, please report your post and a moderator will close this thread. :)

10. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.