Stat Growth On Kill State

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Gray96, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Gray96

Gray96 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, I haven't made too many posts here and wouldn't be surprised if I missed an existing thread for this, but I was wondering about how to go about making a skill that does the following:

-Upon using this skill, the actor gains a state called "Furnace" until the end of combat. While Furnace is active, when the affected actor finishes off an enemy they gain a magic attack boost of x until the end of combat.

I am using a number of Yanfly Engine plugins and I am confident that there must be a relatively simple way to implement this type of skill/state using them. I tried modifying a bit of code from his tips and tricks video about Mejai's Soulstealer from League of Legends, but what I'm trying to do involves a skill/state rather than an equipable item (in the Tips and Tricks video, Yanfly uses Equip Core and Battle Statistics Core, but I imagine that for what I'm trying to do I need Buffs and States Core/Skill Core/Auto Passive States?). The code I tried was the following in a state notebox:

<Custom Parameters>

var furnace = 0;

furnace += user.killCount() * 1;

mat = furnace * 5;

</Custom Parameters>

I used this code with the Battle Statistics Core, so at the very least the game should be keeping track of the user's kill count. With that said, Yanfly's tip video on the matter applies the effect to an item, not a skill. My javascript knowledge is relatively small so there are probably other factors I missed in trying to alter the code, but I do understand some of the basics. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018