Stat increase when equipped with a certain weapon

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure how I would go about coding for a specific stat increase for when a character equips a certain weapon. For example, a character equipped with a sword might have a 50% increase in their attack stat, but if they equip anything else, it only boosts stats by the flat amount that the weapon does.

I hope this makes sense??

Edit: Looks like my wording made no sense haha
I want to make it so that one character would be "proficient" when equipped with a certain weapon or armor.
For example, if Actor 1 was equipped with a sword, they would gain a +50% attack benefit. But when Actor 2 equips a sword, they don't get that +50% attack boost, just the weapon's baseline stats.
When Actor 1 is equipped with a weapon that isn't a sword, there is no 50% attack boost, just baseline parameters again.

Last edited:

Pentacles

Lazy Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The weapon increase 50% attack only for Actor 1 or every actor ?

Edit : If every actor :
On Traits of the weapon you have "Param" where you can set the Attack * 150% (It mean it add 50, If you set a 50% it would divide by 2)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You do this in the Weapons tab of the data base.
Select Weapons tab
Select the weapon in question.
In the traits box top right, select a new line
Select the Param tab
Select Parameter
From the drop down menu, select Attack
The box underneath comes up as 100% by default. Change this to 150%

That will give the boost with that weapon and only that weapon.

As this is very basic stuff, I strongly urge you to work through Andar's compilation of info for new users. Spending a bit of time on this now will save you a huge amount of time and frustration in the future.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The weapon increase 50% attack only for Actor 1 or every actor ?

Edit : If every actor :
On Traits of the weapon you have "Param" where you can set the Attack * 150% (It mean it add 50, If you set a 50% it would divide by 2)
For just one actor! Sorry my wording was a bit messy!

You do this in the Weapons tab of the data base.
Select Weapons tab
Select the weapon in question.
In the traits box top right, select a new line
Select the Param tab
Select Parameter
From the drop down menu, select Attack
The box underneath comes up as 100% by default. Change this to 150%

That will give the boost with that weapon and only that weapon.

As this is very basic stuff, I strongly urge you to work through Andar's compilation of info for new users. Spending a bit of time on this now will save you a huge amount of time and frustration in the future.
I wasn't referring to the weapon itself. For example, if Actor 1 equipped a sword, they would get a +50% enhancement to attack, but if Actor 2 equipped the same sword, they would not get the +50% enhancement, just the baseline stats from the weapon itself.

Pentacles

Lazy Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay. For Making the thing clear we gonna say :
Golden Sword : +10ATK ;
Harold : 20 Basis ATK ;
Effect : +50% ATK

My Question is :
If Harold have the Golden Sword :
Harold Gain 15 ATK (10 + 50%) = 35 (20 + 15)
Harold Gain 10 ATK + 50% of his ATK (20) = 40 ( 20 + 10 + 10)
Harold Gain 10 ATK + 50% of ATK (20+10) = 45(20+10 + 15)
Harod Gain 0 ATK +
50% of ATK = 30 (20 +10)

A simple way to do it would be to create Element "Sword" "Staff" "Pickaxe" (Why not a Pickaxe?) and to simple add Element Rate to it (Or you can even do it directly on the Ccharacter Traits)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The presentation pictures for FSM Castle Tiles are really bad, there is so much more content in this DLC than they show. Great DLC.^^
Anyone know/remember Mummy's Tomb / Crystals of Zong for C64? Trying to recreate it for One Map Challenge. Fun. And ... er ... challenging!

Listen.. I er... caught the live stream. :LZSwink:
The MZ first look stream was quite good. Looks like we get a lot of generator parts right off the bat this time around. Lots of cool clothes, helmets, facial marks, etc. Looking forward to playing around with it. :)
Any tips on how to share resources in here? Should I upload them in a image hosting site or Google Drive?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denzelwatson