slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey guys/gals, I need a bit of help with something that I had an idea for in my game. I want to make some skills that look at specific things in game. For example one of the skills looks at the users attack stat and compares it to the targets stat. If the users stat is higher then the damage is doubled, but if the targets stat is higher then the damage is cut in half. Same goes for the magic attack skill and a status skill will look at the hp. If anyone knows how this would be done please let me know. Thanks for the help.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
damage formula coding, there is a specific pinned topic for this on the forum.
basically you need the RGSS-code for "if a.atk>b.atk then r=2*dmg else r=dmg/2;r"

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
damage formula coding, there is a specific pinned topic for this on the forum.
basically you need the RGSS-code for "if a.atk>b.atk then r=2*dmg else r=dmg/2;r"
Where would I start looking?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Search for "damage formula vx ace" on this forum and read through the pinned tutorial topic I mentioned above

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Search for "damage formula vx ace" on this forum and read through the pinned tutorial topic I mentioned above
Still a bit confused. Looked for it by searching and nothing came up. Am I doing something wrong?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyky