slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey guys/gals, I need a bit of help with something that I had an idea for in my game. I want to make some skills that look at specific things in game. For example one of the skills looks at the users attack stat and compares it to the targets stat. If the users stat is higher then the damage is doubled, but if the targets stat is higher then the damage is cut in half. Same goes for the magic attack skill and a status skill will look at the hp. If anyone knows how this would be done please let me know. Thanks for the help.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
damage formula coding, there is a specific pinned topic for this on the forum.
basically you need the RGSS-code for "if a.atk>b.atk then r=2*dmg else r=dmg/2;r"

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
damage formula coding, there is a specific pinned topic for this on the forum.
basically you need the RGSS-code for "if a.atk>b.atk then r=2*dmg else r=dmg/2;r"
Where would I start looking?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Search for "damage formula vx ace" on this forum and read through the pinned tutorial topic I mentioned above

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Search for "damage formula vx ace" on this forum and read through the pinned tutorial topic I mentioned above
Still a bit confused. Looked for it by searching and nothing came up. Am I doing something wrong?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Last week I was resting and working mainly on the game!
The current progress of the character.
OxWQ7zO.gif

Pre-programmed character :
-Cleaning
-Magic Book(include blood mode)
-Kettle pot stirring
-Other specimens(flower/bug...etc)
I found a huge spider in my house but it has disappeared and now I'm living in fear and paranoia
It's funny, the only reason I haven't actually released a prototype or demo is not that I don't have one. Hahahahahaha I do, I've had a prototype for months. I'm really just concerned with someone taking it, and putting it up on Steam or something first, then saying it's theirs. I should probably look into setting all that up or something... Then again, I have no ETA on the full game so not sure it's worth it yet.
Pixel Grass Sprites, Questing & Fast Traveling w/ Items, Sci-fi & Distorted Music | RPG Maker News #35

Is it me or while modifying RTP style SV Actor sets to make them taller, the idle animation is the hardest to get right? I think it's because that's the one that you see most so seeing pixels that look wrong make you constantly seek to correct that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreskywalker