Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I figure Shaz is too busy to pull this off, But this was a fantastic script that allowed for evals to run whenever a state was added or remove. A lot of systems and game mechanics can be expanded with this.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/18593-state-addremove-commands/ <----- Link to the script.

Basically, a notetag would allow for a specific command to run whenever a state was either added, or removed (depends on the notetag you used).

So for instance, using onadd: remove_state(2) would allow for the removal of the second state in the list when one was added. I've used one particular case where I had states raise/lower a variable that was tied to a damage formula of a particular skill. The possibilities are huge. 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nah, I'm not too busy.  I do want to port that one, because I need it in my game too.

There was a bug with the original that caused it sometimes not to trigger.  I want to fix that as well.

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So there's a possibility that the request will be fulfilled? :)

I'll be waiting on that plugin for sure. I like plugins/scripts that allow you to get creative and think outside the box. This is definitely one of those utility scripts that I feel a lot of people can benefit from.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm actively looking for people who want to recreate classical compositions in the public domain for RPG Maker games. I've got a whole kick going on of looking for several resources from anyone which would be sharable amongst commercial games. This latest pursuit is something I'm surprised no one else has started doing.
I played Deltarune chapter 2 today! It was great. No spoilers, but I hope one day I can design a world as interesting as Toby Fox and team.
Holy cow, I have made Row Formation work again with OTB!

Now, my devious machinations can finally be born...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onek3i