State assistance

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by skyshadow235, Nov 23, 2015.

1. skyshadow235

skyshadow235 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I am using Yanfly's Skill Core to try to set a skill with a custom restriction that check's if the user is under a certain state. I know I've been able to get the game to recognize if the state is there in the first place by using $gameActors.actor(1).states().contains(16), problem is (even without the fact that for some reason this still didn't work) this only checks for a certain state on 1 specific actor. Is there a way to have the game check to see if the user is under that specific state as apposed the a certain actor in question?

2. skyshadow235

First Language:
    English
    I figured out what was wrong with 1 actor but considering all the views and no replies; I guess there really is no way to make it target the current user without duplicating the skills and class for each actor... I'll leave this up for a few days in the hopes of someone with enough coding knowledge to be able to assist me before trying to figure out how to ask a moderator to close this topic  ;_;

3. Dalamar

Dalamar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Couldn't you just have the state add the skill you want?

4. skyshadow235

First Language:
    English
    its possible to add the skill using the state but the skill will remain even after the state is lost. To create an entire systematic series of events using troops event commands also is time consuming and it would be a much slower process than using the SkillCore.

5. lohenien

lohenien Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    What effect does the skill have? is it a damaging skill?

For damaging skills you can alter the damage formula with something similar to a.is_State(stateID) ? yes formula : no formula

6. Kenen

Kenen Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  7. Dalamar

Dalamar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @skyshadow235

I think you misunderstood me, add the skill to the state in the state tab, when the state is removed so will the skill.