State Countdown Popup

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Do you want to visually display the number of turns that a state has before it expires?
For example, perhaps you have a state that will automatically kill you after 5 turns have passed, and you would like the player to see the number as a visual indicator.

This plugin allows you to display a small number popup above a battler's head that represents the number of turns left before a particular state expires.

More information and downloads available at HimeWorks

Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
This could be really interesting if you apply some reverse usage like a boss preparing to use a really powerful buff and forcing you to interrupt it somehow.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
you can do that reached 0 before dying appears the death animation ???

hardqueen

Crazy Talker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
I hope when the counter reaches 0 (zero), the target will be able to become a more powerful character...

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
At this point it would be nice to get the Tension system of the Dragon Quest series!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
you can do that reached 0 before dying appears the death animation ???

Hmm...that's a good idea. Let me look into how that might work.

This could be really interesting if you apply some reverse usage like a boss preparing to use a really powerful buff and forcing you to interrupt it somehow.
Or perhaps the boss is ready to execute a powerful attack that requires a certain amount of charging to be done, and you have to get rid of that charging state otherwise game over! 

I hope when the counter reaches 0 (zero), the target will be able to become a more powerful character...
You can have the state add a new state, which would then run an event that does something to the enemy or actor.

At this point it would be nice to get the Tension system of the Dragon Quest series!!!
What is the tension system? I've never played DQ

CyndaBytes

Creator and Destroyer of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Holy sheet! That's sentence of FFs!
Nice shot, Hime. Certainly, I will use it. ;)

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hmm...that's a good idea. Let me look into how that might work.

Or perhaps the boss is ready to execute a powerful attack that requires a certain amount of charging to be done, and you have to get rid of that charging state otherwise game over! 

You can have the state add a new state, which would then run an event that does something to the enemy or actor.

What is the tension system? I've never played DQ
http://dragonquest.wikia.com/wiki/Tension

Here you will find any answer to your question !!! :p  Enjoy !!! ;)

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I received reports of some issues with Yanfly's battle system.

I have updated the plugin to support rounding, so if you need to round the number off, you can use that functionality. Please check that it is the Nov 22 version. If not, refresh your browser.

Blithe

The One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is great! The combination of this plugin (along with progressive states) and the curse overlay really makes a doom spell look authentic. I'll have to make my enemies smart enough not to use the skill on an actor who is already afflicted with a count down state least it reset the counter each time their hit with it.

firelad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I received reports of some issues with Yanfly's battle system.

I have updated the plugin to support rounding, so if you need to round the number off, you can use that functionality. Please check that it is the Nov 22 version. If not, refresh your browser.

I just downloaded the plugin and saw this post. Did you already upload the new version? Because I'm using old version.

firelad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, the new version is up.
Redownloaded the plugin and noticed the change in version. But it's still same...? I see no way to set the rounding, or a change in the rounding.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Redownloaded the plugin and noticed the change in version. But it's still same...? I see no way to set the rounding, or a change in the rounding.
Oh, I updated my website but I forgot to update the instructions in the script itself.

Hold on.

Reaction score
First Language
English
So I could give Dark Knights an ability that raises their stat, but at the cost of a Doom status, using the right plugins? Sweet!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

finally, the B-tile is added to the forum and steam!
I hope my annual #DoItForHargon contest gets lots of entries this year (since a Playstation 5 is a pretty big prize lol) XD On further news - I'm back to game devving next week after hiatus cause of that tragedy of losing everything I own.
Rome Trastevere deserve a tileset. Mumble mumble...
Before the full time job, I can make 1 MZ plugin per day, even though it's still hard; With the full time job, making 1 such plugin per week becomes just as hard lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adafon