Ruth Studio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been prototyping a game where the player goes out West, on a Trail, with multiple party members, where death is around every corner.

The game is on a loop with the player moving left.

One issue I am having is the State Damage. I can add States to the players randomly. However I don't believe the engine registers the steps the player makes when 'Set Movement Route' is initiated therefore no damage is going to the player who is infected by dysentery.

Is there a way to go into the code and adjusting this?

Gensun

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's doable with a minor change in code but first, do you have any plugins that allows state damage every step? Testing it on a blank project and the vanilla code doesn't have an obvious state damage feature when walking on the game map

Ruth Studio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's doable with a minor change in code but first, do you have any plugins that allows state damage every step? Testing it on a blank project and the vanilla code doesn't have an obvious state damage feature when walking on the game map
My list of plugins are pretty small at the moment. I tried the Slip damage plugin, but again the system doesn't register the steps.

Gensun

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Turns out the vanilla code does allow for state damage to register but only if the player is not being controlled by an event and it happens only once every twenty steps by default.

Wrote a simple plugin that will make state damage register even when the player is moved via event. It also lets you choose how many steps it takes for damage to register. This plugin will make it so all movement will register state damage so if you have your caravan move around and you don't want any state damage registered then we might want a plugin a little fancier than what I hacked together

Also message boxes may automatically pop up mid-event if states are removed by walking enough steps. A quick test show me they don't interfere with event functionality

Attachments

• Pix3m_movementStateDamage.js
    1.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Ruth Studio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Turns out the vanilla code does allow for state damage to register but only if the player is not being controlled by an event and it happens only once every twenty steps by default.

Wrote a simple plugin that will make state damage register even when the player is moved via event. It also lets you choose how many steps it takes for damage to register. This plugin will make it so all movement will register state damage so if you have your caravan move around and you don't want any state damage registered then we might want a plugin a little fancier than what I hacked together

Also message boxes may automatically pop up mid-event if states are removed by walking enough steps. A quick test show me they don't interfere with event functionality
Thanks for the plugin! However, when I tested the plugin out, for whatever reason it did not remove HP from the party members when adding a poison state and movement route.

Gensun

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the plugin! However, when I tested the plugin out, for whatever reason it did not remove HP from the party members when adding a poison state and movement route.
Does the poison state have a negative regeneration trait? When I was testing this plugin, it seems to be the main way that it subtracts HP

Ruth Studio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does the poison state have a negative regeneration trait? When I was testing this plugin, it seems to be the main way that it subtracts HP
Yeah strange, it is. I'm just fishing for reasons, would it be the different versions of MV that we are using?

1599849972396.png
I tried both ways.
1599850128453.png

1599850150606.png

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV Support. Thank you.

Gensun

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ruth Studio First and third attachments aren't showing for me.

My version of rpg_objects.js is 1.6.1. And yours?
Plus the plugin is installed in the plugin manager as well, right?

Ruth Studio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Weird. Updated to 1.6.1. Not sure what is going on/
Plugin is in:

1599909998479.png

Ruth Studio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Found the issue! Works perfectly, thank you! Worried I had create a thousand if statements.

In the code you were missing the semi-colon:

Pixem.stepsForTurn = Number(Pixem.Parameters['Steps For Turn'])

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just laid down a sick nasty new post in the MagiCats! Infinite Sadness thread! Lemme give ya a big ol' hug for it.

bg6.jpg
Wheel of Attacks.png

MORE GAMBLING THEMED ATTACKS!

I AM UNABLE TO STOP!
Is it ok to repost stuff that i've posted to threads in the status feed?
If so, here's art of Shiloh, the main protagonist of the game i'm making:20220807_181702.jpg
They are meant to be ambiguous in gender, like Frisk from Undertale or Gogo from FFVI. I haven't decided what their age will be yet. Any ideas?
Please comment what you think about the art and design!
ScreenShot_8_10_2022_7_15_21.png
Looks like Mike's got a new party member in Robbi...

Calf survival story with a happy ending.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
incabalamo