state for skipping affected targets turn.

Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
what is the best approach you've found for creating multi-turn attack states? I've found a small method to add into my on_turn_end to update a state if its found on the end of the turn. the problem is I dont want the affected user to be able to do anything or have options come up...but..

if i set the state restriction to "cannot move" the state doesnt update.

If i set instead to autobattle and seal the attack slot the state cycles as if its being reapplied.

thoughts?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
what is the best approach you've found for creating multi-turn attack states?
What do you mean by "multi-turn attack states"?

if i set the state restriction to "cannot move" the state doesnt update.
It won't be updated if the update method is "on action end" not "turn end".
i.e, if you have stun state and the update method is "on action end", they will be stunned forever.

If i set instead to autobattle and seal the attack slot the state cycles as if its being reapplied.
I'm not sure if I get it.

Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
By multi-turn attack states i mean placeholder states that an attack would apply to the user to change the user's ability to act and its graphics if applicable. for example...

guy uses fly attack! does nothing... applies state to user making them un-targetable cant move restriction and next turn a script checks for states and if the fly_placeholder state is there remove the state and force_action(divebomb)

Ive already solved my own problem though i had an attack applying a state that was restriction:cannot move and remove by restriction >.< so just unticked the box and it works like a charm.

my current issue is figuring a way for an attack to mark a target and save its id to a variable. if the user loses its state id want to drop a state from the marked target as well.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
look at tips and trick video for making Jump attack. its the exact same thing as pokemon fly attack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it
So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ssven10k