Rhudra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello.

I'm searching a way to easily remove a bunch of states.

I'm creating skills which removes defenses, or which removes benefits effects (like booster states).

For exemple. A medic's purge skill which purge all alchemical effects from the target.

Or a Rogue's Diversion skill which removes Defense bonus.

For now I do this manually by adding each state but it's a bit tedious and more importantly I'm always fearful to forget a state in the list (I use a lot of states for enemies.)

I found nothing on the net so far.

What I would like would be something using tags like :

<State group Defenses> or <State group 1> (allowing me to create different groups of states) for states.

And <Remove state group Defense> or <Remove State group 1> for skills, which would then remove each state from the State group 1 from the target.

A way to give it probability (like 50%, 75% or 100%) would be a plus but isn't absolutely needed.

Do anyone knows a script doing that?

I would be thankful.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It can be done by a script, but it could also be done by common event - instead of removing several states, you call a common event that removes states of a certain type.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You ninjaed me. :p   :ninja:   :)   :thumbsup-right:

Garryl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a script for this: Improved States. Among other things, you can assign states to be of one or more types (each type being an integer value), and have skills and items remove states of a given type (either all of them at once or one at a time).

You can also do something similar without scripts by creating a new state with State Resist for all of the states you want to remove and for itself. When it's applied, all of those states will be removed due to the State Resist, along with the state itself (so it doesn't grant any persistent immunity). That way you only have to track your states in a single place instead of across multiple skills. It's not ideal, though, because of course you still have to manually add each state to the list of states that your removal state removes.

Screen Shot 2015-04-19 at 5.30.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-19 at 5.31.42 AM.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got sick and had to take a few days off work in order to get tested and make sure it wasn't the big one. Felt a lot better today and thought to myself, "Hey now, I can't get tested until tomorrow anyway, I can get so much character art done today!"
....I watched Youtube and browsed this site for hours instead.
>.>
But at least I'm doing the art now! Yaaaaay.......
1638314262144.png
Didn't wanna spam the feed by posting Denzel's spritelayer separae, but I'm real happy with how this concept is coming along so wanted to share it, innit :D
EVXA wrote on Avery's profile.
Not sure how often you take time to play the games sent to you, but if you could give my game a shout & review on steam maybe that would be amazing, only if you like the game of course, I'd love to know which games have been your favorites over the years too.
I'm seeing my god daughter's school play next week. Being the mild agoraphobe I am this makes me nervous. Thus I had a dream that it was actually a plot by my best friend to take me clubbing at an establishment where it is customary to throw a harpoon at staff members to reward good service.
Praise be to the game make!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luphelia