State hit/miss/resistance or "out of range"?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by MakerZeroOne, Jul 24, 2018.

1. MakerZeroOne

MakerZeroOne Chronic Case of Undeserved Misfortune Veteran

First Language:
    American Eng.
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Remember in ff7, when that elevator boss was "out of range" for any physical attack accept Barrett, because he had a gun? I'm trying to do something similar here, with any battle where an enemy is affected by the state "Ranged", thereby forcing the player to use a skill "close ground" that applies the state "melee" in order to use the regular sword attack or close quarter skills; or rather stay at range and use secondary skills to shoot their equip-able guns. How do i make it so that a state can cause all attacks to miss, unless it is a skill or attack that uses a gun or bow, like shoot?

I have tried changing the element so that there are physical elements and kinetic elements, but have not been able to figure out how to raise evasion rates for those specific elements. I'm not sure if a plugin-is necessary or already exists to do such. does this make sense?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  2. JGreene

JGreene Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    MakerZeroOne likes this.
  3. MakerZeroOne

MakerZeroOne Chronic Case of Undeserved Misfortune Veteran

First Language:
    American Eng.
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    thanks! i'll check it out! keyword unreachable... for some reason i didn't even think to use that in google. bakadesu.

Edit: Wow. haven't playtested it yet, but thi seems to do everything that i need and more. awesome!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    JGreene likes this.