State Icons Are Displaying Underneath Dragonbones Enemies

NikkiKaji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Plugins: Yanfly Buffs & States Core, KELYEP_Dragonbones
Well...I guess this is kinda self explanatory with the title. The state overlay is displaying just fine, but the actual state icon (in this case, the frozen state) is showing up beneath the dragonbones enemy. On normal, non-dragonbones enemies, it appears as normal. Is there a way to fix this?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Without looking at the problem too hard, as I don't use the dragon bones plugin myself, and it's a little difficult to set it up, I feel like battle engine core sets the height of the state icons based on the height of the battler's sprite. That said, your non dragonbones battlers obviously have sprites, so it works.
What happens if you give the dragonbone battler a sprite in the database (or does it have one already)? I think the dragonbones plugin doesn't overwrite the original sprite for the battler, it just hides it for compatibility reasons, and that battle engine core is using a 'blank' or non-existent sprite to define the height here.

NikkiKaji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Without looking at the problem too hard, as I don't use the dragon bones plugin myself, and it's a little difficult to set it up, I feel like battle engine core sets the height of the state icons based on the height of the battler's sprite. That said, your non dragonbones battlers obviously have sprites, so it works.
What happens if you give the dragonbone battler a sprite in the database (or does it have one already)? I think the dragonbones plugin doesn't overwrite the original sprite for the battler, it just hides it for compatibility reasons, and that battle engine core is using a 'blank' or non-existent sprite to define the height here.
When I tested this, the dragonbone battler already had a sprite. Is there possibly a way to just set an offset for the state sprite location? Or another fix in general?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I tested this, the dragonbone battler already had a sprite. Is there possibly a way to just set an offset for the state sprite location? Or another fix in general?
Quite likely. As I don't use the DragonBones plugin, I'm not much help in fixing an issue specific to it. However, by further determining what the trigger of the problem is, we can find a workaround, and maybe even make a patch for it.

Was the sprite you were using for the giant enemy up in your screenshot there substantially smaller than the actual battler? Like a tiny default slime, or something similar? If you change it to something much larger, like the default minotaur, is there a different in the draw position of those icons?

NikkiKaji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Quite likely. As I don't use the DragonBones plugin, I'm not much help in fixing an issue specific to it. However, by further determining what the trigger of the problem is, we can find a workaround, and maybe even make a patch for it.

Was the sprite you were using for the giant enemy up in your screenshot there substantially smaller than the actual battler? Like a tiny default slime, or something similar? If you change it to something much larger, like the default minotaur, is there a different in the draw position of those icons?
Nope. The dragonbones battler actually has a static battle sprite the same size as it and I used that one, but for testing purposes I switched it to something bigger and got the same result.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a demo for the dragonbones plugin? Does this happen in the demo as well, or just your project? Are your yanfly plugins being loaded in the correct order? It's important to discount any project specific issues before trying to work on a fix. If it happens in the demo (or a clean project) then we know that it's an actual incompatibility or bug. Load order is also important, as plugins like this rely heavily on functions already defined in other plugins, and if they're loaded out of order, changes can be overwritten.

NikkiKaji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a demo for the dragonbones plugin? Does this happen in the demo as well, or just your project? Are your yanfly plugins being loaded in the correct order? It's important to discount any project specific issues before trying to work on a fix. If it happens in the demo (or a clean project) then we know that it's an actual incompatibility or bug. Load order is also important, as plugins like this rely heavily on functions already defined in other plugins, and if they're loaded out of order, changes can be overwritten.
Omg thank you for suggesting the demo project. I completely forgot that akashics put sample project downloads when you support their banned.url. I went and downloaded their sample project and copied all of the plugins that they used. Turns out, yanfly's animated sideview battler actually fixes the problem with the state position! I never would've considered that since it's not a required plugin. Anyways, thank you!

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Glad to have been of assistance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.
He just discovered cellphones...

(I don't know why am I drawing so much these days...)
In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnamano