DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The clicking part might be tough because I assume that you are also able to click other commands like attack, guard, etc at the same time. It is a good idea though, so I'll probably try it.

The rest should simpler to do. If I do end up doing it, I'd like to also make the plugin for public use with credit.

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would mouse over them be better?

Yeah, it's requested here so everyone can use it publicly.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Untitled.png

The display state functionality is almost done, what's left is to tweak the positioning (like making the icons begin closer to the middle of the sprite), display turn remaining text, and parameterize as much as I can. It updates on every frame so there's no worry about refresh. The clicking/hovering will be done afterward if I can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I've some suggestions :

- make the icons smaller, at least half of it's size if possible (I know I saw somewhere a code to auto resize that)

I'm suggesting this because they might be more than 5 states applied by some players, so might hinder visibility to have to large icons.

- the number left of turn on the state, example : https://gamingsf.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/ffxiv_27052015_202433.png

Edit : @DreamX

About the Hoovering, maybe this plugin may help you ? The author made a tooltip (for menu icon) that appear when you hoover over with mouse.

http://tm.lucky-duet.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=833

lolshtar

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't need to specially work with it but the hud is changing places depending on how many party members you have

so if you only have 1 actor in the party the hud will go to the middle of the screen

6bbaa5586c.jpg

if theres 2 actors the hud position will change both at the right place

9d959513ec.jpg

last time this plugin was made, we couldnt find a solution as to how to position the states correctly so he just put them using mog hud instead.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you still want them on the mog hud, can you give me an example of what it would look like?

lolshtar

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something like this
6849eb79c4.jpg

I can live with the icons being on the sprites though so don't bother if it's too much trouble, I rather that you work on something more useful like the mouseover information

l also got an incompatibility with yanfly passive states

putting your plugin before or after didnt changed the error.

6f3eb37e14.png

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Something like this [IMG]http://puu.sh/oqcwQ/6849eb79c4.jpg[/IMG]

I can live with the icons being on the sprites though so don't bother if it's too much trouble, I rather that you work on something more useful like the mouseover information

l also got an incompatibility with yanfly passive states

putting your plugin before or after didnt changed the error.

[IMG]http://puu.sh/oqcg1/6f3eb37e14.png[/IMG]

Thanks for the example. Putting it on the hud shouldn't be too difficult, but I'll focus on the mouse over thing. I uploaded a fix for the passive states just now.

@Fisherolol @Chaos17

Good news, I managed to get hover tooltips working:

Untitled.png

You can't see it in the screenshot but my mouse cursor was over one of the icons.

It's going to more complex than that of course when I release this version, you'll be able to configure how the window looks and what the text is. It'll basically be like when you hover over a status effect in an MMORPG.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I will test soon your plugin after I finished to transfer my battle system in my new project.

Sorry for the delay >_<

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Untitled.png

Tooltips are coming along nicely. The next big thing to do is to hook it up with the default, yanfly and mog battle huds.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Love the tooltip!

I've a question : are you going to offer the option to display either on the HUD or on the heroes ?

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I saw this right after making my request post about something related:

Would you be able/willing to incorporate this method for accessing the State information for keyboard-only users? Or maybe create a separate plugin using some of the features you've already made (eg. tooltip descriptions from notetags) 

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I saw this right after making my request post about something related:

Would you be able/willing to incorporate this method for accessing the State information for keyboard-only users? Or maybe create a separate plugin using some of the features you've already made (eg. tooltip descriptions from notetags) 

It's a good idea and I'll put it on my to-do list. I'm a little curious about keyboard-only. Is there a particular reason for that, or is it just a preference?

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's a good idea and I'll put it on my to-do list. I'm a little curious about keyboard-only. Is there a particular reason for that, or is it just a preference?

Thank you!

Regarding the keyboard-only thing, I just want to leave the option open for my players. Up until MV, RM games are by default strictly keyboard based, and while mouse + keyboard might be intuitive to a lot of people, I personally think it would be kind of strange if the rest of the game can be played with just a keyboard, but not this (important) feature. 

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hi,

I finaly managed to have time to test that plugin and I can't manage to make it work either in my demo or in Yanfly demo.

Is there something special I need to setup ? Or is it not compatible with Yanfly State buff core ?

Sorry for noob questions.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi,

I finaly managed to have time to test that plugin and I can't manage to make it work either in my demo or in Yanfly demo.

Is there something special I need to setup ? Or is it not compatible with Yanfly State buff core ?

Sorry for noob questions.

For now, wait for the next version with the tooltips. Then I'll assist you if you can't get it working.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Allright, looking foward for your next update, so far I like what you've showed! :D

Naraxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Has this plugin been scrapped?  It will be an extremely useful plugin for my project which relies heavily on states and I was just wondering if this plugin's development was continuing.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Has this plugin been scrapped?  It will be an extremely useful plugin for my project which relies heavily on states and I was just wondering if this plugin's development was continuing.

It hasn't been scrapped. I'll work on it some today.

Edit:

@Naraxis @lolshtar

I did quite a major reworking on the plugin internally. Tooltips are working now. I don't really notice any slowdown this time. Since I changed a lot of the inner-workings there may be bugs (didn't notice any though) so let me if you find some.

The plugin will auto-generate tooltips for states and buffs/debuffs if tooltips are turned on.

In addition, state counters can be displayed on the icons. You will need YEP Buff States Core to display state counters, turns and the rate of buffs. Yanfly's plugin will control how most of that is displayed too.

Make sure to read and set the parameters since I've removed (that were redundant and handled by YEP Buff States Core) and added some.

Untitled.png

If you know javascript, you can still do a custom tooltip. You can even reference database values so you don't need to constantly update the tooltip text when you do balancing:

custo.png

The code in this example is in the help documentation.

Script:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DreamXRMMV/Rpg-Maker-MV/master/DreamX_BattlerSpriteIcons.js

(same link as before but here it is again)

I'll still work on getting tooltips for the hud status window.

Later on I'll add state counters to the tooltip description, not sure how I'll phrase it though.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

grief... finding a font that works with the engine has been a bigger process than I thought it'd be. doesn't help MV loves to scrunch letters next to each other like a football huddle.
The new Phoenix plugin. I drew icons and an interface into it
R3-M1 can now leave footprints :kaojoy: Thanks Dsiver144 for another amazing plugin!!

1653686110642.png

Hey guys, do you wanna see who dominated the competition in our last game jam?! Stop by while we play Pinky by @Wumbohek Starting at 4:20pm EST.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zodismegalame