Naraxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for the update DreamX!  I will give the plugin a go tomorrow!

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The plugin has been updated with tooltips for the state/buff icons on the battle hud. Especially useful for frontview!

Keep in mind I've only tested with the default battle hud and YEP Battle Status Window.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DreamXRMMV/Rpg-Maker-MV/master/DreamX_BattlerSpriteIcons.js

Future Updates:

Add tooltips for states in other scenes

Add state counters info in the default tooltip

Take into account feedback

Edit: Bug fixed. Give it a go!

Edit: State tooltips now appear in any Scene_MenuBase derived scenes (pretty much any menu scene in the game). Lets players check party states quickly!

ex.png

It's a little hard to read when overlapping a window with text so I'll look into making a parameter for a darker background or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

lokirafael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very cool plugin. Sadly inst very CTB friendly. (And a bug in main menu :/)

2depZcy.png

If I buff myself outised the battle and then enter the battle I get it:

bj5YmaT.png

Halrawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very cool plugin. Sadly inst very CTB friendly. (And a bug in main menu :/)

2depZcy.png

This can be fixed using some Javascript in the descriptions.

The example given is the plugin can be modified easily for this:

<DXBSI TOOLTIP CODE>
var name = "\\fs[20]\\C[6]" + this._buffState.name;
var defenseRate = this._buffState.traits[0].value * 100;
var description = "\\fs[16]Increases defense by \\C[3]" + defenseRate + "%\\C[0].";
var turns = "\\fs[16]\\C[6]" + this.turns() + " turns remaining.";
this.drawLine(name, 28);
this.drawLine(description, 24);
if (this.turns()) {
this.drawLine(turns, 24);
}
</DXBSI TOOLTIP CODE>

Is the example shown in the plugin. Simply change "var turns =" to:

var turns = "\\fs[16]\\C[6]" + Math.ceil(this.turns()) + " turns remaining.";

This will cause the turns remaining to round up to the nearest whole number. So 1.66 would simply show 2 (which would also be the count on the state, if you have that enabled).

Edit: I have personally just changed this in the plugin itself, so I don't need to add a whole custom bit for each state, line 977 changed from:

var numTurns = this.turns();

to:

Code:
var numTurns = Math.ceil(this.turns());

lokirafael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: I have personally just changed this in the plugin itself, so I don't need to add a whole custom bit for each state, line 977 changed from:

var numTurns = this.turns();

to:

var numTurns = Math.ceil(this.turns());

Thanks. Work like a charm now. It's kinda odd see the turns in CTB bc they jump alot. x_x

======OP========

1 - My bug in main menu was because of the Mog_MenuBrackground. I will test if other plugins that change the background has the same oddity.

2 - If you buff yourself outside battle and enter the battle, the game crash. (I put a pic above in the edited topic). It's a heavy error that prevent this plugin use. (Sadly)

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I updated a lot internally for the newest version.

Lag/frame drops should be significant reduced.

Icons and tooltips are refreshed only when the battle status window is refreshed, instead of on every frame.

I've tested with Yanfly's CTB and used Math.ceil to round off the number as @Halrawk suggested (thank you).

I've also tested with Mog_MenuBackground @lokirafael and didn't run into any issues.

I tested adding a buff to an actor before battle and didn't run into any issues there either.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DreamXRMMV/Rpg-Maker-MV/master/DreamX_BattlerSpriteIcons.js

Known Issues:

There is an issue I haven't figured out yet where if there are forced actions on turn 0, the state icons (not on the hud) won't appear until they're finished. Doesn't seem like a big deal though.

Icons and tooltips appear underneath the turn order icons in Yanfly CTB and can be covered by it.

I understand why - because I have the tooltips underneath pictures as someone requested, and pictures are underneath the the turn order icons. Later on I'll have a parameter that allows that the icons/tooltips move away from the turn icons.

Halrawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Works like a charm! No slow downs at all, and turns are showing up without any extra decimal places.

I also tried buffing my party with various buffs (both buffs, and states that increase stats), then entering battle, no errors of any type. I'm currently using Yanfly's ATB, as well as a great deal of other scripts.

lokirafael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tested with Yanfly's CTB and used Math.ceil to round off the number as @Halrawk suggested (thank you).

I've also tested with Mog_MenuBackground @lokirafael and didn't run into any issues.

I tested adding a buff to an actor before battle and didn't run into any issues there either.

1.6b Working with buff outiside of battle now.

Mog_menubackground when active don't show the tooltip, when I turn off works. (No big deal since I'll use it more inside battle).

Also theres something odd in CTB: The icons are add & removed only when the turn is up. (Nothing game break).

Thanks for the update.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Make the buff to be removed when action ends then.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1.6b Working with buff outiside of battle now.

Mog_menubackground when active don't show the tooltip, when I turn off works. (No big deal since I'll use it more inside battle).

Also theres something odd in CTB: The icons are add & removed only when the turn is up. (Nothing game break).

Thanks for the update.

Try putting Mog menu background after this plugin in load order. It works for me but if you spot something else let me know.

Icons are supposed to be only added and removed when the battle status window is refreshed. But I'll look into it more if the hud is displaying icons but not on the sprite at the same time.

1.6d Updates:

Tooltip Compatibility with MOG_BattleHud. Place this plugin under it. I didn't test anything other than the tooltips with the alternating state icons on the hud.
Colors and font sizes for default tooltips made options.
Tooltip frame opacity option

Tooltips cannot appear for windows that are entirely invisible (bug fix)
Allow for multiple lines in the description for default tooltips (just add a regular line break with enter button)

Example:

<DXBSI_Description: This is the first line
This is the second line>

Edit: @lokirafael @kovak @Halrawk @Naraxis @lolshtar

1.6e - Fixed bug where tooltips wouldn't work after going to different window like skill selection window, fixed bug where tooltips would appear when the icons were not visible to the player.

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
dd78666150.jpg

:)

Thank you for improving over and over the plugin.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
[IMG]http://puu.sh/q3rqd/dd78666150.jpg[/IMG]

:)

Thank you for improving over and over the plugin.

You're welcome, thanks for your help/idea too.

I also updated the plugin just now where you choose the color tones for the tooltip window if you want. You can also choose to add a y value to the tooltip window so you can raise/lower it. Another bug fix too that should hopefully fix more tooltips appearing/disappearing when they shouldn't be

lokirafael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're welcome, thanks for your help/idea too.

I also updated the plugin just now where you choose the color tones for the tooltip window if you want. You can also choose to add a y value to the tooltip window so you can raise/lower it. Another bug fix too that should hopefully fix more tooltips appearing/disappearing when they shouldn't be

I have a question. If I turn the option Show Buff Rate on Yanfly_BuffStageManager it will show the rate of buff/debuff on the tooltip but will also show in the icon (and get very messy). Theres a way to show only in the tooltip?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a question. If I turn the option Show Buff Rate on Yanfly_BuffStageManager it will show the rate of buff/debuff on the tooltip but will also show in the icon (and get very messy). Theres a way to show only in the tooltip?

Yea, I just updated for that, download the latest version (same link) and make sure Show Buff Rate in my plugin is turned on. But turn the parameter off in Yanfly's plugin

Naraxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey DreamX, 

I am having an issue getting the tooltips to show up.  I have your plugin placed below YEP BuffsStatesCore and I was sure to enable tooltips in your plugin's parameters.  However, after setting up <DXBSI_Description: "Unit takes damage each turn."> in the note section of a state, and after that trying with the custom description and javascript, no tooltip showed up when hovering over the state icon or clicking on it when it was over an enemy or an ally.  I tried a bunch of random stuff too trying to get something to show up but it just won't.  The other parts of the plugin work, like the icon limit and separating good and bad states.  Not sure what to do from here.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey DreamX, 

I am having an issue getting the tooltips to show up.  I have your plugin placed below YEP BuffsStatesCore and I was sure to enable tooltips in your plugin's parameters.  However, after setting up <DXBSI_Description: "Unit takes damage each turn."> in the note section of a state, and after that trying with the custom description and javascript, no tooltip showed up when hovering over the state icon or clicking on it when it was over an enemy or an ally.  I tried a bunch of random stuff too trying to get something to show up but it just won't.  The other parts of the plugin work, like the icon limit and separating good and bad states.  Not sure what to do from here.

Since I am not able to reproduce the problem, start a new project and recreate the error in as few steps as possible, then tell me which steps you took to create the error.

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug: When using Yanflys action sequences and a jump or float animation is excecuted, the states will not float with the battler.

Yanfly fixed this in his buffs states core, but in this plugin here, the bug still persists.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bug: When using Yanflys action sequences and a jump or float animation is excecuted, the states will not float with the battler.

Yanfly fixed this in his buffs states core, but in this plugin here, the bug still persists.

I don't really use action sequences, so can you give me an example to use so I can test?

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't really use action sequences, so can you give me an example to use so I can test?

Here's the action sequence I used, try this:

<setup action>

display action

animation 52: user

wait for animation

Jump User: 300, 45

wait: 15

animation 1: user

move user: target, base, 30

wait: 30

animation 1: target

</setup action>

<target action>

action effect

clear battle log

</target action>

Naraxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Since I am not able to reproduce the problem, start a new project and recreate the error in as few steps as possible, then tell me which steps you took to create the error.

1) Started a brand new project and named it TestProj

2) Downloaded the following plugins direct from yanfly.moe: YEP Core, YEP Battle Engine Core, YEP Message Core, YEP Buffs/States Core

3) Copy pasted your code from your github page into a plain text doc, then changed file extension to javascript

4) Installed plugins into TestProj with the load order: YEP Core Engine,  YEP Message Core, YEP Battle Core, YEP Buffs States Core, DXBSI.

5) Enabled state tooltips in DXBSI settings.  Left all other settings in all other plugins at default.

6) Added <DXBSI_Description: "This unit takes damage at the end of each turn."> to the default Poison state.

7) Made default Spark spell apply Poison state.

8) Went into test battle with default Bat*2 troop, and used Spark with Harold which applied Poison to the bats.

9) Hovered over state icon, clicked on state icon, bashed my face on state icon, nothing.

I suspect there's some sort of setting that I don't have enabled on some plugin or other, so I took a look at all plugins involved but no settings seemed to be related that weren't enabled.  Any help would be greatly appreciated :)  

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_5_26_2022_11_36_32.png
added a Panic gauge to battle. it fills up according to your actions. each character has a different passive that activates once the gauge is full. also once full, a countdown starts and after each action taken, the gauges decreases. with each character, the decrease is different.
Genuinely considering making a thread informing people how to Google.
It's time for Da Update...

Prototyping some overworld abilities. Some of the characters you'll meet on your journey can use special overworld skills to travel around. This can be something like digging holes in the ground or getting hints towards your next objective.

Even more things I made.
Equipping Abilities is very important.
fLhHhZjh.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THORR1