emelian65

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
1) Started a brand new project and named it TestProj

2) Downloaded the following plugins direct from yanfly.moe: YEP Core, YEP Battle Engine Core, YEP Message Core, YEP Buffs/States Core

3) Copy pasted your code from your github page into a plain text doc, then changed file extension to javascript

4) Installed plugins into TestProj with the load order: YEP Core Engine,  YEP Message Core, YEP Battle Core, YEP Buffs States Core, DXBSI.

5) Enabled state tooltips in DXBSI settings.  Left all other settings in all other plugins at default.

6) Added <DXBSI_Description: "This unit takes damage at the end of each turn."> to the default Poison state.

7) Made default Spark spell apply Poison state.

8) Went into test battle with default Bat*2 troop, and used Spark with Harold which applied Poison to the bats.

9) Hovered over state icon, clicked on state icon, bashed my face on state icon, nothing.

I suspect there's some sort of setting that I don't have enabled on some plugin or other, so I took a look at all plugins involved but no settings seemed to be related that weren't enabled.  Any help would be greatly appreciated :)  

It is possible I have a solution for that, possible not sure, you need to download the file again, but instead of copy paste the code use right click in the gitgub link and selec save as, the plug-in will be saved with a very specific name, you'll need to update the plug-in inside the editor for the change to take effect. Sometime if not always plug ins names are very nesessary.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here's the action sequence I used, try this:

<setup action>

display action

animation 52: user

wait for animation

Jump User: 300, 45

wait: 15

animation 1: user

move user: target, base, 30

wait: 30

animation 1: target

</setup action>

<target action>

action effect

clear battle log

</target action>

I tested this and the states did float with the battler.

Here's the plugin setup I used:

Untitled.png

1) Started a brand new project and named it TestProj

2) Downloaded the following plugins direct from yanfly.moe: YEP Core, YEP Battle Engine Core, YEP Message Core, YEP Buffs/States Core

3) Copy pasted your code from your github page into a plain text doc, then changed file extension to javascript

4) Installed plugins into TestProj with the load order: YEP Core Engine,  YEP Message Core, YEP Battle Core, YEP Buffs States Core, DXBSI.

5) Enabled state tooltips in DXBSI settings.  Left all other settings in all other plugins at default.

6) Added <DXBSI_Description: "This unit takes damage at the end of each turn."> to the default Poison state.

7) Made default Spark spell apply Poison state.

8) Went into test battle with default Bat*2 troop, and used Spark with Harold which applied Poison to the bats.

9) Hovered over state icon, clicked on state icon, bashed my face on state icon, nothing.

I suspect there's some sort of setting that I don't have enabled on some plugin or other, so I took a look at all plugins involved but no settings seemed to be related that weren't enabled.  Any help would be greatly appreciated :)  

It's best to do as emelian65 said. You should save the file directly and make sure the same filename is used. Most plugins are like this way: if you don't save them with the right filename, parameters won't work correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Naraxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I tested this and the states did float with the battler.

Here's the plugin setup I used:

View attachment 43606

It's best to do as emelian65 said. You should save the file directly and make sure the same filename is used. Most plugins are like this way: if you don't save them with the right filename, parameters won't work correctly.

It is possible I have a solution for that, possible not sure, you need to download the file again, but instead of copy paste the code use right click in the gitgub link and selec save as, the plug-in will be saved with a very specific name, you'll need to update the plug-in inside the editor for the change to take effect. Sometime if not always plug ins names are very nesessary.

When I initially copy and pasted the code, I was sure to look for the proper filename within the plugin and when i right-click downloaded it, the filename was exactly the same.  However, when I put the freshly downloaded plugin into the test project it worked like a charm with no issues, weird how programming works sometimes :p .  Thanks for the help you two and if I have any issues with my main project after swapping the old file with the new one i will let you know.

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Strange, I'll try a bit more, once I'm home

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm thinking of adding tooltips to gauges as an option. I notice that gauges in RPG Maker MV games often don't have the max value displayed due to not having enough width or because of dev preference. A tooltip over the gauges could be used to display the actor's current and max hp/mp/tp etc.

pikotan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Display of the tool tip, but you end up reacting to the back side of the window of the icon when the window overlap.

This is similarly displayed in the Help window of the enemy side.

Does this fix possible?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Display of the tool tip, but you end up reacting to the back side of the window of the icon when the window overlap.

This is similarly displayed in the Help window of the enemy side.

Does this fix possible?

Sure, I'll try to get that fixed next week.

pikotan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
a

pikotan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
This is only when used in conjunction with YEP_Buff & States Core.

pic1.png

After placing the mouse in the state that have been displayed in the actor of the window help,
When you move to the enemy of the window help put the mouse cursor in the same position, even though the icon is not displayed, it will display the tool tip of the previous actor.

pic2.png

Can you able to solve this problem?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes, I'll work to fix this problem this week. Thank you for letting me know.

pikotan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I will patiently wait.
I'm sorry to have taken the time and effort

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I will patiently wait.
I'm sorry to have taken the time and effort

v.1.8

-Fixed error with buff tooltips
-Fix tooltips from invisible icons when switching between enemies for help window
-Check scene's window layer for any windows that might be ontop of an icon and blocking view, before showing tooltip

Please let me know if you notice any more errors or have any suggestions. Thank you very much for your help. :)

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DreamXRMMV/Rpg-Maker-MV/master/DreamX_BattlerSpriteIcons.js

In the future I want to make a command in battle that just displays a window with state information, too.

pikotan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hello DreamX
I have to check the plug-ins that have been updated to come back home now.
It is operating normally even Ver1.3.
Very much appreciate us answer to my request :D

emelian65

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Damm, for some reason it's slowing the game a lot, have any idea as to why?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Damm, for some reason it's slowing the game a lot, have any idea as to why?

I'll need to know what other plugins and parameters you're using.

Or even better, if you could prepare a demo with this that shows this slowdown and upload it to dropbox, I can solve the problem more quickly.

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The new version breaks MOG Battle Hud

But it doesn't really matter to me as the previous version 1.6g is working fine for what I need.

Naraxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey DreamX, was wondering if there might be a way to only have buffs/states show up above the units' heads when you click an icon or some such above them?  My game uses a lot of states and the area above the units tends to get kind of busy, or maybe add a single icon to hover over that shows stat buffs/debuffs in one window that isn't open all the time?  The players will need to be able to access the tooltips for every state, so limiting the number of them won't exactly work for me, and during some of my boss fights they can get to the point where it looks like a boss's raid frame from WoW or any other MMO with like 30 little icons under it :p  

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The new version breaks MOG Battle Hud

But it doesn't really matter to me as the previous version 1.6g is working fine for what I need.

I'll try to fix that.

Hey DreamX, was wondering if there might be a way to only have buffs/states show up above the units' heads when you click an icon or some such above them?  My game uses a lot of states and the area above the units tends to get kind of busy, or maybe add a single icon to hover over that shows stat buffs/debuffs in one window that isn't open all the time?  The players will need to be able to access the tooltips for every state, so limiting the number of them won't exactly work for me, and during some of my boss fights they can get to the point where it looks like a boss's raid frame from WoW or any other MMO with like 30 little icons under it :p  

I'll keep that in mind. I definitely want to make a window with more than one state and its description at a time. It might not be accessible from an icon above the battler, but I'll definitely make it a battle command at the very least.

Naraxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'll keep that in mind. I definitely want to make a window with more than one state and its description at a time. It might not be accessible from an icon above the battler, but I'll definitely make it a battle command at the very least.

Awesome, thanks DreamX!  Looking forward to it.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1.9 - Fixed error on battle start with Mog Battle Hud and added parameter "Hide Switch" which hides icons if switch is turned on @lolshtar

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Having sweet eight hours dedicated ONLY to devving, so what do I do? :kaoswt:

SIX HOURS: Watch Resident Evil boss fight videos
TWO HOURS: Dev

All things come from God tho, sooo... procrastination = divine!:kaoluv: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I officially declare today "test play day." I'm going to waste the whole day playing video games, which isn't a shock to anybody, but hopefully today I'll play my own and figure out what still needs fixin's.
Empty Bottles and Health Extenders are now a thing.
Also the Sling-Shot does damage to enemies now, but not a lot and you won't get gold from killing them that way.
ScreenShot_5_26_2022_11_36_32.png
added a Panic gauge to battle. it fills up according to your actions. each character has a different passive that activates once the gauge is full. also once full, a countdown starts and after each action taken, the gauges decreases. with each character, the decrease is different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thabet68