SwiftIllusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For context I'm using the 'Yami Sideview Enhancement: More Frames' plugin, however I'm sure that's not at fault.
Below is a screenshot with my character as an enemy and as an actor, the overlay on the left is higher than the

image height while on the right its at the bottom of the image.

964c5b3d2530da9708a182f5a1391a99.png

I think the one on the right might be based on it being the actor not the battler and for some reason deciding to hardcode

the overlay height at a 48 pixel expected offset from the bottom? Not sure of the issue on the left, but clearly this isn't

something I'd want to see in my game.
I hunted through the rpg_sprites.js and the most I could do was adjust the anchor.y which really didn't help at all considering

I couldn't manage to alter the base value it was calculating from or hiding it which still didn't solve the issue.

I'd greatly appreciate any help towards a solution for this (either being able to adjust it for each or at least managing to

have it properly positioned in the middle of the image-which no base anchor setting achieved).

doranikofu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
try changing this.y instead of this.anchor.y and see if it helps.

I wish someone can post a manual about what each variable does...if I get is right the anchor.y is for the percentage of pixel of where the status sprite attaches to the battler sprite. this.y is the actual offset value by pixel.

SwiftIllusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I appreciate the response, but as mentioned I couldn't find a specific y for it.
From what I could manage to interpret I believe it's calculating a base Y for enemy battlers from their image height, however I couldn't manage to workout how to get it to treat the actors the same way/couldn't find what might be the appropriate area of code to adjust for the actors, as based on the screenshot it looks like it's using a static Y value for them.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Celebrating a milestone over at Twitter
Sneak peak of my upcoming update! Who's holding her, you may ask? Find out tonight!
10.PNG
BCj
Finished another GUI! Turn indicator wasn't made by me.

ff981f8dc50b03cf58038c644334b454.jpg

3cb092fdc00087acfa0a190fd891f0ed.jpg
Added a small refining scene to my game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yhiriend