Morizel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to make a state that changes default attack. Actor in that state can not deal damage, only heal targets.
How to change default attack in MV?

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not entirely clear what you want, but here are two possible answers.

If you want the state to make the actor unable to attack, but still use skills, add a "Seal Skill" trait and select the default attack skill.

If you want the state to make the target heal when it attacks, you might want to investigate the WeaponSkill Kadokawa plugin. With some programming skills it could be modified to make a state alter the attack skill.

Blair Pendragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
as said above, if seal skill isnt what you're looking for, but you want their basic attack to heal, you can also put that in the damage formula. if (!b.isStateAffected(id)) a.atk*4-b.def*2; else b.gainHp(a.atk*4-b.def*2)

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I might toot my own horn, there's a plugin for this in my signature, AES_CommandControl. After installing it, making this state is as simple as a note tag: <Replace Attack: 12345> Replace 12345 with the id of the healing skill that you want to replace basic attack with and that should do it.

Morizel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want the state to make the actor unable to attack, but still use skills, add a "Seal Skill" trait and select the default attack skill.
I need to make state that do not allows to use skills and forces to attack allies.
If you want the state to make the target heal when it attacks, you might want to investigate the WeaponSkill Kadokawa plugin. With some programming skills it could be modified to make a state alter the attack skill.
WeaponSkill works only with weapons, no?

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
WeaponSkill works only with weapons, no?
Yes, but a similar approach could be used to make a state switch the weapon skill. That's why that option requires some programming skills - you'd have to modify the plugin.

When an actor has a restriction forcing it to attack, it always uses its basic attack, so the approach of changing the attack skill (either by modifying WeaponSkill or by using Aesica's plugin) should work for what you want.

Morizel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, but a similar approach could be used to make a state switch the weapon skill. That's why that option requires some programming skills - you'd have to modify the plugin.

When an actor has a restriction forcing it to attack, it always uses its basic attack, so the approach of changing the attack skill (either by modifying WeaponSkill or by using Aesica's plugin) should work for what you want.
Okay, I understand.
I will try AES_CommandControl. I hope that there will be no errors because I am also using FROG_SignatureSkill plugin (to add Wait command).

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it doesn't work, let me know because there's a possible workaround for such a conflict.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SwagTorchic