Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
Hello,

I’m trying to make a state that forces the user to move first in the turn while the user is inflicted with it.

I know that there’s an attack speed trait, but it only seems to work with normal attacks. Is there a snippet that will cause the atk speed trait to work will all skills?

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unless you're using another plugin already to mess with action order, that's what Agility is for. Attack Speed is basically just an Agi modifier that only applies to normal attacks.

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
Unless you're using another plugin already to mess with action order, that's what Agility is for. Attack Speed is basically just an Agi modifier that only applies to normal attacks.

Yeah, that’s what I’m looking for. I’m looking for a state that modifies the attack speed, but for all attacks and not just normal attacks. I want to modifiy the skill/item invocation speed with a state.

I don’t want to just adjust agility stat itself, because I use some damage formula that take agility into account, and a simple agility boost kind of ruins the balance of some of them.

I know Hime has a speed formula script in vx Ace, but I haven’t found anything similar in MV.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're certain Attack Speed won't be used elsewhere, you can override this function:
Code:
Game_Action.prototype.speed = function() {
    var agi = this.subject().agi;
    var speed = agi + Math.randomInt(Math.floor(5 + agi / 4));
    if (this.item()) {
        speed += this.item().speed;
    }
    if (this.isAttack()) {
        speed += this.subject().attackSpeed();
    }
    return speed;
};
To look something like this:
Code:
Game_Action.prototype.speed = function() {
    var agi = this.subject().agi;
    var speed = agi + Math.randomInt(Math.floor(5 + agi / 4));
    if (this.item()) {
        speed += this.item().speed;
    }
    speed += this.subject().attackSpeed(); // Speed now affects everything
    return speed;
};

You can see the default speed formula in there, so this will actually force it back to the default turn order calculation otherwise, but you can also just modify the initial "var speed = [...]" line with whatever you want, technically.

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
Hello,

It looks like this didn't work. I'm not sure what happened, but maybe one of my scripts may be overwriting the turn order. The only one I can think of is Yanfly battle engine though.

Is it possible to turn this into a plugin to override the turn order?

EDIT: It's actually funny, because I also edited the attack times function so it worked with all skills and that worked. It's gotta be something messing with the turn order speed, but I'm not sure what haha.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

just hopped into project recruitment... hoping to maybe find some artists to help with parallax maps and whatnot. I could do them myself, but I'm not really good at it so I'd prefer to stick to my strengths which is character art and SOME UI elements.
PRODUCTIVE DAY! I think I FINALLY completed all the items for part 1 of Fallen Feather, that includes the animations, the stats, the pricing, etc. for weapons, armors, key and consumables! all i need to be 100% done is write a few more descriptions (only 10 left out of the 40+ items) and to find some nice pants icons (dont ask lol).
Kinda hate it everytime reinstall rpg maker because the program refuse to testplay
For every amazing step of the way I make, I find myself in a moment where I feel really stupid for not knowing something. I probably shouldn't though, but still, it sometimes feels more obvious than perhaps it is
Just spent $174 on Shining the Holy Ark on the Saturn. Good lord.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cosmosyn