KrimsonKatt

The Endless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. So in my game there is an ability system and one the abilities is "spendthrift," inspired by Fire Emblem Fates. It is an ability that allows you to reduce shop prices by 25%. Does anyone know how to incorporate this into a state? Thank you.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That would require a plug-in as the prices are set up in the engine, and there is no feature to implement that would affect the prices at all.

Moved to Plug-in Requests

GachaPringle

Potato Chip Master
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. So in my game there is an ability system and one the abilities is "spendthrift," inspired by Fire Emblem Fates. It is an ability that allows you to reduce shop prices by 25%. Does anyone know how to incorporate this into a state? Thank you.
One thing I can think of is making every single shop have a conditional branch that checks if an actor has a certain state. For example:
1607374933864.png
This certainly isn't the most efficient way but it works. You would have to go through every shop and edit it to do this so it's not recommended if you have a bunch of shops and don't like to work out 25% of everything.

That would require a plug-in as the prices are set up in the engine, and there is no feature to implement that would affect the prices at all.

EDIT: I know this is under plugin requests but this is how you can do it without plugins. So you don't have to go to every corner of the internet to find a plugin to do so. Sorry if I'm not of any use.

Attachments

• 1607374926187.png
    1607374926187.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
my plugin here can do that... it's written for MZ... but i think this should work too in MV because both have the same method...

if you want to check actor 1 have state 28 (example 28 is spenddrift state id)
i think you can tag your item with
<buy_formula>
a.actor(1).isStateAffected(28)? oprice * 0.75 : oprice
</buy_formula>

you can also add more complex formula as long as you left the final result to be a number...

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can also check if it's possible with BO_CustomShops which allow JS for shops,
so it's possible to create the effect by switch or state :)

KrimsonKatt

The Endless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@estriole Okay, I'm using your plugin. It seems to work fine so far, but hopefully it doesn't completely break my game. But we have to wait and see.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
@estriole Okay, I'm using your plugin. It seems to work fine so far, but hopefully it doesn't completely break my game. But we have to wait and see.
hopefully because the plugin only modify 2 method :D... and those two method have the same exact code in MV and MZ... that's why i think it should work in MV too :D...

so hopefully nothing broken... finger crossed :D.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Never argue with a Narcissist. No matter how sound in your logic, they'll always see themselves as correct and you too beneath them to understand.

The best you can do is take things with a grain of salt and leave them alone to wallow in their own delusion. If you're lucky, you'll catch the time where they inevitably destroy themselves!"
I've been playing too much fire emblem... why do I suddenly want to make a game in rpgm that's chatting to ppl and trying to pick the right options to increase their opinion of you and depending on who likes you and how much you get a different ending??
Uggh... been sick for the past week. I hope I get better soon.
There are so many coding terms that are complete gibberish to me. Like what the heck is "Return" or "Array"??
Sometimes I forget how tiny and fun working in 16x16 is (or with 18x18 if ya counting the white outline LOL) and before you ask Yes. Yes this is an appropriate ratio of drinks to all the other stuff. :popcorn:
f37ac128dedc8a53af7deb2b12e8ea81becf6e46.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dumbass