State to be immune to all target skills

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Kevin Hirst, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Kevin Hirst

Kevin Hirst Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is it possible to make a state where an enemy could be immune to all damage all skills?

2. Yitzi Litt

Yitzi Litt Making Nepentheā„¢

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Isn't that what "immortal" is for?
    Edit: my bad, that just stops you from dying.
    Edit: Try just putting players defence ridiculously high, for a limited period of time.

3. Kevin Hirst

Kevin Hirst Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry, I see my question was a little vague.

I want to make a state that makes an actor immune to all skills that so damage to all targets.
    But with this state, they could be damaged as usual with any single target skills.

Example 1.
    A fight with 5 bats that have this state, it would force you to have to single target each one instead of using AOE attacks.

Example 2.
    A fight with 5 small bats and a big bat. The big bat has an aura (using a plugin) that makes the small bats immune to AOE while he is alive. Forcing you to kill the big bat before you can AOE and kill the remaining 5 small bats.

4. Yitzi Litt

Yitzi Litt Making Nepentheā„¢

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, you just went over my level of knowledge...

Kevin Hirst likes this.
  5. Kevin Hirst

Kevin Hirst Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks, anyway!

6. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Not by default. You'll need a plug-in to achieve anything like that.

Moved to Plug-In Requests

Kevin Hirst likes this.
  7. OnslaughtSupply

OnslaughtSupply The Barbarian

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think you would need to apply a state to your enemies before every AoE attack like "AoE target state" and have the skill target only enemies with that state. Then with your boss bat's aura apply a state that gives a resistance to "AoE target state". This way your AoE skill will target no one. When the boss bat is defeated the aura goes away and so does the passive "Anti AoE target state". You are going to need Yanfly's buffs and State Core, aura effects, and possibly target core to pull it off.

Kevin Hirst likes this.
  8. Maliki79

Maliki79 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Pretty much any plugin that allows for multiple elements can handle this. Just give all multitarget skills the "multi" element then make a state that reduces multi damage to 0.

Kevin Hirst likes this.
  9. Kevin Hirst

Kevin Hirst Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks Maliki.

How exactly do I go about this?

Because, I still want a fire AOE to be treated as a fire spell that receives fire buffs from other states I have.

So I make any fire AOE skill I have to be both multi element and fire element.
    Then any buff to fire element will increase it's damage as usual?

Then for the state I trying to make for this thread, I just set multi to 0 and then this skill will do 0 damage?

Is there a particular order I need to make sure the elemental attributes are in for it to work as described?

10. Maliki79

Maliki79 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Firstly, you need to pick a mutilple element plugin. I have one but there are several others including one made by Yanfly. Once you have that picked out then you can create the notetags and apply it to the state you want.

Kevin Hirst likes this.
  11. Kevin Hirst

Kevin Hirst Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I realize now that this may be simpler than I originally thought..

I have a fire element that I assign to my fire skills. If I make another elemental "aoe fire" and assign that element to just the fire aoe skills, and make sure that whenever a state change fire damage it also change fire aoe damage, then these 2 elementals would be indistinguishable from each other to the player.

Then I can just make some monsters immune to aoe fire, and that would do exactly what I am looking for in my example 1 without the use of plugins. My example 2 needs plugins to use an aura, but I was just trying to figure out how to make it work in it's base form. Then it can be used in conjunction with plugins to make it work further as needed.

My only concern with this method would pertain to the skill with no elemental. I could make a new element "aoe none" as described above.
    But, would there be any potential consequences that may cause the player to distinguish between a skill actually having no element and another skill being assigned the element "aoe none?"

12. Maliki79

Maliki79 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    That's exactly why I recommended getting a plugin that would allow multiple elements on a skill.

Kevin Hirst likes this.
  13. Kevin Hirst

Kevin Hirst Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the help.

The concern I stated was about potential consequences. I can't actually think of any scenario where it wouldn't work right now.

Can you think of any?

I'm not saying that multiple elements is wrong, I would just like to figure out why it may be.

14. Maliki79

Maliki79 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well in the case of my specific plugin, if a target get the damage nullified by the aoe state AND is already resistant, ot would heal a certain amount instead. So to avoid that, maybe a plugin that handles element evasion might be more suitable for this issue.

Kevin Hirst likes this.
  15. JGreene

JGreene Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Kevin Hirst likes this.
  16. Kevin Hirst

Kevin Hirst Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I finally got a chance to test this.

For one of my classes, whenever they attack with a fire spell it leaves a state on the monster that causes it to take more fire damage and AOEFire damage.
    I have 2 skills that do fire damage. One is single target and the other is "target all enemies."
    I have the single target skill as fire element, and the target all as AOEFire.
    I then set a monster's element rate for AOEFire to be 0.

I attack with the target all fire skill and the monster takes 0 damage. Although he still gets the state that causes him to take more fire damage. When I next attack him with a single target fire skill, the damage is increased.
    But the good news is that when I attack with the target all fire skill when the monster has the state that increase fire damage taken, he still takes 0 damage.

I was concerned that the increased damage taken would take the 0 a little higher and the aoe skills would do a little damage. But, this is not the case.

It works without the use of plugins.

Of course, this does not mean I have tested every scenario, but it works for the purpose I need for my game.

Thanks all who responded.

Maliki79 likes this.