Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anima -  States Core v1.02
by Liquidize​
Introduction

This was a script I've seen requested personally in my other plugin threads, or around the forums. It is based off Yanflys State Manager from VX Ace. It is actually a direct port of that script to MV. This plugin allows you to see the amount of turns remaining on your states, as well as enemy states. It also allows you to specify a custom buff formula used to calculate the amount params are buffed or debuffed. You are also able to set the maximum amount of times a buff/debuff can be placed on a battler. As well as change the amount of turns a state,buff,or debuff has through the use of skills and items. Basically anything Yanflys original script could do, this can as well. The ultimate goal of this plugin is to act eventually as an all in one states plugin, including DoT/HoT states.

Features

- Change the buff formula used when debuffing and buffing.

- Change the max amount of times buffs and debuffs can stack

- Change the amount of turns buffs,debuffs and states have dynamically through items/skills, or in the case of states any database object.

- Adds different types of state reapplication handling.

- See the amount of turns left on buffs,debuffs and states on your icons.

- If using YEP Battle Engine Core, include the buffs,debuffs, and states icons on the enemy targeting window.

Screen Shot

How to Use
See help for detailed how to use information.

Script v1.02

https://bitbucket.org/liquidize/anima-framework/raw/63411c40cb4cafc24ceeccf74e45ee82aa42c49f/States%20Core/Anima_StatesCore.js

FAQ
Q: Any compatibility issues?

A:  This plugin overwrites functions used to handle state application, buff  application, and the buff rate formula, and the limit to the amount of stacks  a buff and debuff can have. It is therefore recommended that you place this  somewhere above plugins that share similar functionality. But under Yanflys  plugin collection, specifically Battle Engine Core.

Q: Can i request features?
A: I suppose so.

Credit and Thanks
- Liquidize

- Yanfly (for the Original concept, and Ruby implementation from VX Ace)

Terms of Use:
This script is free for commercial and non-commercial use, just credit Liquidize or "Anima Framework" in your credits  :) . I am unsure whether or not crediting Yanfly would be deemed necessary, but a lot of you probably already are so well for the most part I guess it doesn't matter! If you want too though and aren't already please do :) !

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am having a helluva time figuring out what is causing this... But I am not seeing any turn indicators. Still trying to find the culprit.

By the way. I was wondering if you might add the option to see the remaining turns with a single decimal. It helps when using an ATB to better time when things should be done.

Liquidize

Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am having a helluva time figuring out what is causing this... But I am not seeing any turn indicators. Still trying to find the culprit.

By the way. I was wondering if you might add the option to see the remaining turns with a single decimal. It helps when using an ATB to better time when things should be done.
Could you show me a screen shot of your plugin manager?

This is how mine is setup for comparison:

http://puu.sh/lBOkN.png

Edit: And sure I can add the decimal placement in.

Edit 2: If you haven't and are still using Shield States, up date that. It adds compatibility (For some reason I initially decided to overwrite drawActorIcons in that and not alias it)

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've verified that its not a bug on your end... I have about twice the plugins you do in that screen so it likely won't help much.

I'll find the conflict soon! :)

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok... Now I am stumped.

As you can see. In this test build, I have only the plugins you've got, added.

However, as you can see... This state is not displaying its turns. (No states are)

Edit...

The reason I am stumped... Is that I just added your plugin to a clean project, with ALL of Yanflys plugins, and it works fine.

Edit2

That's because I didn't have your other state plugins in there... Its the shield states v1.3 plugin that causing it. I might need to update it.

Edit3:

BTW, Your shield states post says the latest version is 1.05 but the plugin I just downloaded is 1.04 and I am still not seeing the turns. (Disabling the shield state plugin fixes the problem)

Liquidize

Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try turning removing ShieldStates, and check to make sure "Show Remaining Turns" is true.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The update of Shield States to v1.05 did the trick. :D

Ozuma

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello friend.

Some way of varying the probability of a status is applied?

For example, when using stun (which is a physical Skill with 47% chance to add Stunned) the opponent has a chance of resisting equal to: b.def * 2-47 - a.atk * 2

But when using Mental Domination (which is a magical Skill with 38% chance to add Dominated) the opponent has a chance of resisting equal to: Math.pow (1.1, b.mdf) * 38 * ((50 + a. atk) / 50)

I too bad the chance to apply status does not depend on the characteristics or the attacker or the defender :(

This mechanic is similar to that seen in Dragon Age.

In addition, it would be nice that the chance to resist status was checked again every round, and if successful the status would be removed. (not applicable to everyone, of course)

Any hope for me?

Thank You!

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I literally just requested this the other day. Thanks a lot for this!

Liquidize

Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've updated the plugin to include showing the turns left as a decimal as requested, it is a parameter you can set.

Hello friend.

Some way of varying the probability of a status is applied?

For example, when using stun (which is a physical Skill with 47% chance to add Stunned) the opponent has a chance of resisting equal to: b.def * 2-47 - a.atk * 2

But when using Mental Domination (which is a magical Skill with 38% chance to add Dominated) the opponent has a chance of resisting equal to: Math.pow (1.1, b.mdf) * 38 * ((50 + a. atk) / 50)

I too bad the chance to apply status does not depend on the characteristics or the attacker or the defender :(

This mechanic is similar to that seen in Dragon Age.

In addition, it would be nice that the chance to resist status was checked again every round, and if successful the status would be removed. (not applicable to everyone, of course)

Any hope for me?

Thank You!
It is very unlikely I will do this, sorry. The simple reason is because it is my belief that no actual non-randomized formula should go into "Chance" type things, it is called chance for a reason, to be random. So I won't be adding formula based state resistance unless a decent amount of people, and not just one or two request it.

omen613

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I turned off all other scripts except for this one and when I give a parameter buff like DEF+ it goes away instantly if the buff is attached to a skill. If i give the DEF buff from a battle event it works just fine.

i'm not using skills on anything here.

I'm trying to make the buffs only give 1 stat point per buff (I want to use little numbers in my game so 1 point is a good boost) so I edited the buff boost formula to

this._buffs[paramId] + 1.0;

thats the only thing i've changed on the script.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Forgot I was still using the unreleased v1.03... sent to message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Writing out an idea for the No Travel Game Jam. I have a general plot and challenge written out, it's just a matter of filling the rest in and making it interesting.
A definite difficult time right now. How is everyone doing during this pandemic? I already have seen furloughs and layoffs.
Hollow 1977 wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. :)
My elderly neighbor whom I've been buying groceries for just got carried out of his home on a stretcher by guys with hazmat suits. Considering I've been his only point of contact for the past month it's probably safe to say my boss was right to tell me to stay home once I developed a mild cough after all.
Damn. All these new features to the forums. Takes some getting used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seogenics