Stats/damage assistance

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Jeffafa, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Jeffafa

Jeffafa Multi-colored Mage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Damage formulas are one of my biggest weaknesses when it comes to this program. I honestly have no idea where to even start. I know I want the game to begin with low damage, and end with high damage; magic casters being able to deal ~20,000 damage (with their stats/equipment pushed to the absolute max). Ideally it would hover around the traditional 9999 near end-game with average stats/gear, though that's not a make-or-break thing for me.

I haven't even begun to start working on stats for characters/enemies though, so should I seek help working on that first? Or should I figure out a base formula that I can work with and mold everything else around that?

I started a project a few years ago in which I was just using existing stats and damage formulas from other games, like Final Fantasy. And I started looking up the damage formulas for Final Fantasy Record Keeper (most recently), but I don't want to do that though. It feels low and I don't want to risk any trouble or anything for using data from something else.

So I guess what are some examples of the kind of stats I should use at different levels, the kinds of formulas I should use, etc.? 

I apologize in advance. I'm really not trying to be lazy. I don't want someone else to do all my work for me; I'm just absolutely horrible with this kind of math :(

2. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese