fireflyege

Witch please!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, with Yanfly's Base Parameter Control you can do things like adding flat buffs to stats through buff like states. However, you can't make those buff like states scale with a stat. For example, let's say there is a skill that increases ATK by 10% of your INT through a state. I could not quite get how I can make it happen, so I would love any help I can get.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try putting this into your Attack calculation plugin parameter:
Code:
 ((this.isStateAffected(x) ? base + this.param(4) / 10 : base) + plus) * paramRate * buffRate + flat

A few notes:
1) x must be replaced with the ID of the state granted by the skill.
2) I'm presuming your INT is renamed from MAT. If it's something else, you'll need to change the number inside of param() accordingly.
3) You can, obviously, change the formula however you want. I set it up so that the 10% is getting added to the base ATK value, but you could change it to apply to the entier base + plus, or the entire end value, whatever you want.

fireflyege

Witch please!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try putting this into your Attack calculation plugin parameter:
Code:
 ((this.isStateAffected(x) ? base + this.param(4) / 10 : base) + plus) * paramRate * buffRate + flat

A few notes:
1) x must be replaced with the ID of the state granted by the skill.
2) I'm presuming your INT is renamed from MAT. If it's something else, you'll need to change the number inside of param() accordingly.
3) You can, obviously, change the formula however you want. I set it up so that the 10% is getting added to the base ATK value, but you could change it to apply to the entier base + plus, or the entire end value, whatever you want.
That seems like a great way to solve it, but I intend to put multiple states which modify the stats, based on Luck mostly and always changing the base. If I do this for every single state intended, wouldn't it be quite confusing and laggy?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That seems like a great way to solve it, but I intend to put multiple states which modify the stats, based on Luck mostly and always changing the base. If I do this for every single state intended, wouldn't it be quite confusing and laggy?
Confusing, perhaps. I have no idea why it would be laggy - your CPU processes several billion commands per second, iterating through a list the size of your party a couple of times shouldn't do anything to your computer.

If you're concerned about that you can look at some kind of way to modify in-game parameters with a plugin...you can also outsource the damage formula to a plugin function so you can read it clearly and not have to copy a huge thing between every skill.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Update: I finished the combat arena! My goodness, it took a while! There were numerous little bugs to squash.
Maldra wrote on stramin's profile.
Hi regarding the 32 bit -> 64 bit
I am running on a 64 bit windows OS and tried doing this conversion. I converted all of the .exe files that I could find in the KADOKAWA\RPGMV folder using the 4gbpatch.exe file. However, after trying to access RPG Maker MV after this conversion, it simply will not load. Do you have any advice or any ideas?
****ing muscle memory: does anyone else habitually quit out of test play when they notice something they """HAVE""" to fix, in spite of the fact that you can now edit DURING test play?

...thousands of times...

...every day?
Does anyone recognize him? :kaocry:
pwkyiDa.jpg

And hi.
finally drew 3 of the enemies that appear as students from the high school that's in my game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaughtyPoncho