Status effects that alters enemy's skill effects on character

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Gabenslair, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Gabenslair

Gabenslair Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have ideas for some status effects that makes some enemies' skills have a different effect on the player. For example,

Say my character has no status effects and the enemy casts a spell called "cardiac arrest", a scare-based attack. This skill won't affect the character much if give the player the status effect "not amused", but if it had the "frightened" status effect, it would deal alot of damage, debuffs attack, and give another status effect instead "heart attack" greatly placing the character in danger.

Now I know this can be achieved if i used Elemental rates on the "frightened" status effect to make scare-based attacks very critical, and on top of that, change state rates to mimic this skill in vanilla, but say I want "not amused" to also occur in different situations, like "enemy trys to spin revolver and fails" inflicting "not amused". The thing is, the frightened person would be completely resistant to "not amused" or else "cardiac arrest" would also inflict "not amused", which makes little sense. On top of that, I do not know a way to make status effects (or lack of) reject/accept stat buffs/debuffs, which goes to my first point.

What plugin could satisfy my increasingly confusing ideas for skills?

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Game Mechanics Design is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions belong in the Support forums for the engine you are using. In this instance, you want a plugin, so...

Moving this to JS Plugin Requests.

3. Gabenslair

Gabenslair Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    thank you again for doing the favours for me. I assure you that I your action helps me learn in placing these threads in their correct forum categories