Steal Item Skill

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by atreyoray, Nov 26, 2015.

1. atreyoray

atreyoray Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Steal Item Skill v1.00
    by Atreyo Ray
    Introduction
    Creates skills that can steal items from enemies.

Features
    - You can create skills or items that can steal items from enemies.
    - You can also create skills or items that show which items are possible to steal from each enemy.
    - Shows when there's no more items to be stolen. (all items have already been stolen)
    - Shows when the enemy has no items to be stolen. (no items were set to be stolen)
    - Shows when you fail to steal (but there are still items available to steal).
    - Allows you to increase or decrease your chance to steal with states, equipment,
    or actors and classes' notetags.
    - You can set which items will be able to be stolen from each enemy, including the
    chance and the amount.
    - You can configure the position and background of the message window shown during
    steal atempts or steal items detection.

Screenshots
    Showing items obtained in a single attempt.
    [​IMG]

Showing items that can be stolen (along with the chances).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    How to Use
    To learn how to install a plugin: https://youtu.be/ym_qA6hO5d0 (thank you Yanfly!)
    Any other instruction can be found in the help of the plugin.

Download
    Dropbox
    or attached to this post.

Credit and Thanks
    - You don't really need to credit me.
    - This plugin may be used in any kind of game (commercial or free).

Author's Notes
    - Feel free to modify or improve it.
    - Please do tell me if you find any bugs or have any question.
    - I will not improve it in any other way. (I'll be using it in my project, and I decided to share it. That's why there won't be any great improvements here)
    - Icons that appear on the screenshots are credited to Lorc, Delapouite and contribuitors from game-icons.net
    - The message window on the screenshots is smaller because I've set its width using Yanfly's Message Core (I'm too lazy to create a new project).
    - You can also try Mr. Trivel's "Skill: Steal" plugin, though I haven't seen how it works or what are the differences between
    my script and his.
    - Yanfly will probably do an script like this one (it's on their voting list!), and it will probably be WAY much more configurable and better than mine.

Version History
    v1.00 - Initial release (Nov, 25, 2015)ARP_SimpleStealSkill.zip

Attached Files:

estriole, LuLight, hardqueen and 4 others like this.
  2. Killuki Zaoldyeck

Killuki Zaoldyeck Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It seems to be very complete for be a "Simple Steal Skill", has everything needed for a good control over the steals.

Is possible do not show the white arrow on the window if there's isn't anything more to show?

Thank you in advance.

3. atreyoray

First Language:
    Portuguese
    There are actually more things to be done with stealing. You'll see it when Yanfly releases theirs.
    Now, about the arrow, I GUESS something can be done about it, but then the message window would have to be automatically closed after a few seconds(I would also require Yanfly's Message Core, I guess).

I'll check it out and tell you later.

4. AlexanderWii

AlexanderWii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Would not it be better to steal objects that the enemy already has her? Those that imposed directly from the database of the enemy ...

5. atreyoray

First Language:
    Portuguese
    That is a plausible statement, Alexander. But I'm taking into consideration that there are a lot of games that allows you to steal items that are not possible to be obtained by simply killing the enemy.
    That being said, you can still set steal items equivalent to the item drops in the database, mimicking that behavior you mentioned.

@Killuki: I've tried I few things to get rid of that white arrow, but none of them seemed natural, or ended up bugging other parts of the code. Unfortunately, I can not afford to spend more time with it than I've already had, so I can suggest you two things.

You can either ask for another person to do it for you (my plugins are free to be modified) or you can wait for Yanfly's plugin (which I'm complety sure it'll be much better than mine).

6. Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of Christmas Kloe Ghost of a Princess Seagull Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This is a really useful and cool plugin! Thank you!

7. Jexxes

Jexxes Villager Member

First Language:
    Swedish
    Good lucking plugin, thanks! Would it be possible to use it to have a chance to steal certain items from shops as well?
    As an example, 40% chance to steal "Sword" and if you fail, you will pay a fine. And depending on your skill you can steal better items with better %-rate..

8. hardqueen

hardqueen Crazy Talker Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    The log's position is centered  but it blocks the main view. Can the log be shown on top or on bottom or can you provide the option to let us decide its position?

9. atreyoray

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Hey, Jexxes. That's an insteresting idea. BD But it would be better to leave it for another, separate plugin. Maybe if you ask for it on the request forums...

There's already a parameter for that option :o . Check 'Message Position' parameter.