Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Stealth 0.1.2

whitesphere

Introduction

This plug-in supports stealth missions.  This means one or more events may be set to follow fixed patrol routes.  If they are patrolling, they will be listening and looking for the party.  If and when they find the party, the plug-in sets self-switch C or D (D for Detection, C for Searching).

Features

- Vision is based on Line of Sight (passable tiles), distance, relative brightness (events in darker tiles can see better into well lit tiles), a cone of vision and movement speed (dashing makes the party very easy to see)

- Hearing is based on distance, party loudness, tile loudness (if the party is moving) --- stone makes more noise than carpet, for example

- Customizable patrol routes which can be designated per event

- Visual on-screen gauge indicating how well you are remaining hidden.

Screenshots

Include around 2 screen shots of your script in action WITHIN quotes or spoiler tag(if spoiler tag is supported by the forum later). This does not apply to all script, specially to those which don't have any visual effect. Put screen shot only if your script have any new visuals like new windows/new battle system/etc...

How to Use

There is only this one new visual feature, a gauge:

Stealth-Screenshot.png

Demo

This demo relies completely on the MV RTP for graphics and sound.  So, to use it, copy the graphics and sound files from your RPG Maker MV's "NewData" directory and place them in here:

Stealth-Demo.zip

Release Notes

0.1.2 - Fixed the ability to Save and Load.

Script

You can download the script here:

http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=s0m3Pd0N

Terms of Use

This plug-in may be used for commercial or non-commercial use, as long as credit is given.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, can you please fix your spoiler tag? The code is not very well formatted, either. Pastebin provides an easy-to-use, and free, means of hosting scripts, without losing the formatting.

Gryffin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello,

I'm trying to run your demo, but I get an error. I added the base files. But when I start the game, it says Type Error: Cannot read property "split" of undefined. Do you know what I can do? Thank you.

Vallar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
Hello, 

I tried to run your demo as well but got the same error. I pasted everything as instructed but it seems not to work.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello,

I'm trying to run your demo, but I get an error. I added the base files. But when I start the game, it says Type Error: Cannot read property "split" of undefined. Do you know what I can do? Thank you.
When you get this, please press F8 and add what the Console prints out.  I have tried again, taking my ZIP file and copying the "audio" and "img" directories from "NewData" and dropping them into the Stealth Demo, and I'm not seeing that.

Vallar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
When you get this, please press F8 and add what the Console prints out.  I have tried again, taking my ZIP file and copying the "audio" and "img" directories from "NewData" and dropping them into the Stealth Demo, and I'm not seeing that.
I have tried it again, this time I opened the project after copying everything in and it worked. Although the HTML file didn't work. Thanks a lot.

Gryffin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is perfect. Thank you so much. Do you know I could set a Switch as a condition for detection? So, for example, if the player is hiding in a bush, the guard can't see him or her.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is perfect. Thank you so much. Do you know I could set a Switch as a condition for detection? So, for example, if the player is hiding in a bush, the guard can't see him or her.
There is an easy way to do this without the switch.  Set a Region ID, say, 30 to mean "Hidden."  Then, assign Brightness and Loudness both to 0.0 there.   That should make you undetectable wherever that Region ID is present.

KlausAidon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm getting the "Type Error: Cannot read property "split" of undefined." too. Which is weird, because I got the demo working fine. But when I tried to apply the script to my game, I get this error. Some help would be greatly appreciated, as I really need a stealth mechanic for my game.

KlausAidon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, I FINALLY found the problem with Whitesphere's script that creates the "split" undefined error. It happens when you load into a map without all the "Brightness" and "Loudness" settings. Basically, for every map in your game, you're gonna have to copy and past  <Brightness: 3=120, 4=80>

<Loudness: 10=120> into the map's notes section. You might need to give the player, and class similar notes, but it won't bring up an error if you don't. There really should be a "Default" setting for this, so people don't have to edit all their maps to prevent and error from appearing.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sorry about the delay for getting back to you, Klaus.

I have an updated version of the plug-in on my pastebin here: http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=s0m3Pd0N

The plug-in defaults to 100 for Brightness and Loudness and should get rid of the "split" error.

KlausAidon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Cool, thanks Whitesphere.

Seems to work just fine now, good job.

Fargone Fantasy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Is there any way to turn the gauge off. I tried changing the option to False, none, and even made it blank still shows up.

Fargone Fantasy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I downloaded the latest version because of the fix for loading and when this version is turned on i instantly get a message when i start the game. It says "undefined is not a function"

Izeck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 Sorry if this comes out a bit douchy or something, but if your plugin is still in development (V 0.1.2 ) shouldn't it be in the "in development" forum as opposed to "released"?

PS:

Looking forward to the completed plugin. Looks like it's going to be a great one.

white90

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I downloaded the latest version because of the fix for loading and when this version is turned on i instantly get a message when i start the game. It says "undefined is not a function"
Same problem, can't try to use your script

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecilGP