Leokids

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Some months ago,back when it was free. I obtained it,however today,i had to get RPG Maker MZ to work and then Steam says you need to buy the engine despite me having no money.

HELP ME!!!!!

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What? RPG Maker MZ was never free. You probably had free trial and misunderstood something, and the trial is for a month. Now you need to buy the engine to continue.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Steam free promotions are and were always time limited, independent of the program.
Usually it's for one weekend of testing - I've done this with a small number of games myself over the last few years.
and after the weekend you'll always be required to either purchase or uninstall.

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you get it from a limited-time campaign (usually free for the weekend to try), you will have to buy it after the campaign ends. It is a basic campaign from Steam for users to experience a product before deciding to buy.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There are rare cases where Steam does "free to keep" sales, maybe that's what confused you.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On top of what everyone else here has already said, if you really want RPG Maker, you should keep an eye out for when it goes on sale!

I got really lucky, and managed to nab RPG Maker MV for $15 from Steam when it was on sale...I think something like 70% off? It was pretty insane.
Still one of the best $15 I ever spent.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The free promotion that I think you're referring to was time limited - it ended when the competition ended. So it wasn't a giveaway of the engine during that time - it was a "you can use the engine for free during this time to create your contest entry"

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evening humans! How goes the game make?
The anime characters we saw 20 years ago,
still have the same age when we see them now.
Somehow it's strange but also beautiful.
It's like no matter how much we change,
there's certain part of ourselves we can reconnect to when we see them again.
Took a long, long time, way longer than it should to be honest...but I've finally finished the big content update to my demo!
Lots of not good things happening IRL but I'm not gonna let this day end like this. Quote time:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

So, keep going, lads. Whatever you do keep going. Until next time.

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CzCreation