stoovan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So for those who use the steam version of rpg maker (vx ace is the one I use if anyone else is having the same issue), I keep getting a message every time I try to play test a game of mine that says that the steam cloud save is different and if I should overwrite it. Either way, yes or no doesn't do anything and it would come back up again the next time I try to play test. The worse part about this is the fact that before this, the program would not respond for about a few minutes or so until showing a "unable to created project" before going to the overwrite thing. I changed the name, turned off steam cloud and still it keeps coming up. Is there a way to fix this? It's starting to get annoying for me.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do not save your projects to steam cloud. You risk corrupting everything.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I fixed it by moving my project to another directory. Then it could no longer find it and just gave up. But in your case it sounds like the error might be in one in your workshop actually, you may need to get rid of anything there as well.

@Shaz : If you have the Steam version it auto-synchs it, no choice. I had to move my project to another directory that Steam doesn't know exists to stop it.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Isn't there a way to disable cloud for the application? I'm sure I did that when I was using the steam version.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can, but it often doesn't listen to you. That's why I had to move my project to another directory too.

stoovan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I decided to rename the file to something random and it worked. Thanks. How I didn't know this sooner or later is beyond me.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The steam cloud was created and optimized for savefiles, not for entire projects. It simply cannot handle large amounts of data, and that results in side effects and damaged files if you try to use it.
Unfortunately that was only discovered after its options were added to Ace.

@Shaz @bgillisp
There are two different points were you need to disable steam cloud. If you only disable one option, the other will still remain active and can cause problems.
First part is in the steam program properties where it handles general cloud options
Second part is in the manage projects windows of Ace - you need to remove a project from that list to exclude it from cloudsyncing

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Andar : That might be the issue, but when it broke on me I couldn't even load that part of ACE without it crashing. I actually still can't as it keeps trying to resynch that old project the minute I go there, even though it is now 5 years old.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This isn't a discussion topic as such, more a technical question.

I've moved this thread to Tech Support - All Makers. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First part is in the steam program properties where it handles general cloud options
That's interesting. I was only aware of this part, not the other. I have an area on my hard drive far away from everything else for my projects, so never ran into the second issue.

Nekohime1989

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Which I would of known this. But yeah steam corrupted my project so I had to start over. A lot further then I was back then though.

edit: i also keep backups now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Love it when someone confuses "RPG Maker (or script/plugin) has a bug" with "I didn't set it up right and it's not working as I want (or gives an error)"
Is animation really as hard as I think it is?
Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.
Blech. I hate coming up with stories. Making gameplay is fun but coming up with lore and reasons for these areas/mechanics just makes me sleepy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nanaya07