Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello everyone! So I just bought myself the 100$ needed on Steam Direct to publish your games on steam, and I just wish to ask a few questions for our kind people here! ^_^

I have already finished making my game Rave Heart:

And it is going to be my first ever commercial release! :) All it needs now are a few test runs from me and a very trusted friend to see if things go smooth. I have now done as Steam Direct asks with the surveys and whatnot, I din't have a TIN, so they emailed and asked for my documents like government issued stuff (ID's and etc.) So I obliged and emailed them with attachments of my Government I.D., NBI Clearance, Birth Cert., pictures and etc. And I'm waiting for a response... So here are my questions:

1. How long does it usually take for Steam to approve your documents? My email to them was back in June 13, 2020.

2. After approval, do I immediately get to publish my game, or what happens next, then?

3. How do I put steam achievements on my game? It is something I am still kinda confused of right now.

4. Once its approved, I am already able to put out a steam page right? Or do I also have to wait and let steam staff try my game first if the keys work and whatnot.

Thanks so much for any response! It would mean so much to me because this is my first ever commercial game! ^_^ :) <3

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Riazey

Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tax stuffs:
I think steam does a pretty good job of clarifying most of those questions below and in their FAQ, however there is a pandemic going on right now which caaaan and will make times a bit screwy as seems to have happened here, especially since they actually have to run those ID/tax checks through a different third party company. If you got back to them quick hopefully they will get back to you quick, as you were required to have your ID etc ready in this case before submission <3

Edit: Might be "is it plugged in" but make sure you didn't respond to a "do not respond" email haha!

I think you'll find most of the rest of that info on these pages:

?????????????????????????????????? gotcha on the steam achievments <3
Here is the steam side of things as well just in case/as reference:

-------------------------------

Edit 2:
OH MY GOD NOW THAT I'VE LOOKED I KNOW THIS GAME BACK FROM IT WAS IN IT'S ORIGINAL DEVELOPMENT STAGE. YO I WANTED TO PLAY IT. I rmember thinking how amazing this one particular plant looked and I was like "I'm in" lmaaao!! I am so happy you're getting to release it!

Last edited:

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
@?????? - Thank you so much for sharing the link for the Steam Achievement VXace script by Zeriab! I'll check it out ASAP! <3 ^_^ :)

@Riazey - Hello and I was only able to give them the email with attachments to my documents (I.D. and stuff) right after they emailed me about not having a TIN (Cause I dont have a TIN and didnt know what to put in that part), so they asked for some documents instead, and I immediately replied that very same day with said attachments. :) It was on June 13. :D I replied to both the email that asked for the documents (Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations ) and the one that ([Auto-Reply] My Identification Documents for Steam ) so idk if I made some mistake there. x(( And thanks so much for the links!

Btw, I am so happy that you remembered wanting to play my game Rave Heart when you first saw its development stages 2 years ago! <3 ^_^ :) Thank you so much and I hope you will enjoy it upon release! <3 :) ^_^ PS: I love the plants too haha!

Riazey

Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those plants are life. Good luck with getting your game out there! Hopefully covid won't screw with you too much!

I would assume steam is also waiting on the word back from their third party company on confirmation you're not an alien or an animal or don't exist. :kaoswt2: Unless you are then you should probably start worrying.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks so much again @Riazey ! :D <3 And oh my! Ahahah, id be worried if they think I dont exist or is an alien/animal. xDD >.< But yah!

Hopefully it won't be too hard indeed. Stay safe ya'll! <3

ravenhood

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
normally it would take 15 - 25 days, my case was ~25 days for approvement. It would probably took another 2 month to complete every other requirements :) Yeah, Steam requires that much

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
2. After approval, do I immediately get to publish my game, or what happens next, then?

4. Once its approved, I am already able to put out a steam page right? Or do I also have to wait and let steam staff try my game first if the keys work and whatnot.
You can see a checklist on your app's page for what needs to be done before your game can be released; not sure if you can access this yet since your documents haven't been approved, but you get to it by clicking on the app name after logging in to https://partner.steamgames.com/.

The app page will show you the conditions for release. You need to create and submit your store page first for your approval, then submit your build for approval (these steps are outlined in the release process that someone posted above). Each of these steps takes some time, so good luck and hope your release goes well! :smile:

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
@ravenhood Thanks so much and Oh my! So it's gonna take at least 2 months to complete all requirements? That already includes the game's release waiting time right? But yeah, I guess I can wait... Btw, is it advisable to also sell the game on Itch.io while waiting on my steam approval/processes?

@SeaPhoenix Ohh! It seems like I couldn't access it yet as my documents are still pending for approval. x( So at least its good to know there will be some checklist we can see. So the process goes Documents Approved > Submit Store page (make sure checklist is all checked) > Submit build for approval again > publish? Correct me if im wrong haha! BTw thanks so much for the help! :D ^_^

So yah, if I'm gonna have to wait on Steam, its okay, but is it advisable and okay if I upload/sell my game on Itch.io while waiting on my steam? What do you guys think?

ravenhood

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think that you should not. From my experience, i thought that if i released my game on Steam first then it could be pirated very soon and therefor affected overall sale (well, i thought so). So i released it on itch.io first believe that it would be better that way but no. It got pirated right within the day i released it on itch.io
It eventually would have been pirated if i released it on Steam anyway, but it wouldn't be that fast

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh my! Really? :o Thats so scary to be pirated like that! Im so sorry you had to go through that @ravenhood :( But yeah, I guess its better I should just wait on steam then. ^_^ :) Thanks for the suggestion!! <3

Dezue

*******.com/peninja
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heyho @Starmage !
You probably know it already, I just wanted to point it out:
Before you release anything, try to get as much wishlists as possible - those are as important as a good store page and well-chosen tags, if not more.
So, basically, after your game and your page were approved by Steam, they recommend (and even force you) to let the page be up for at least a couple weeks so it can accumulate wishlists.

Good luck with your game and stay funky,
Dez

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow thank you so much for the info @Dezue !! ^_^ :D Its nice to know that I can also benefit from help with wishlists! Hopefully I will be able to have people wishlist the game once the page is up! ^_^ ❤

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Problem with sequels: Heroes getting rid of all their items and forgets all of their skills within the span of a year without explanation. :kaomad3:
I can see the end of my prologue. Perfect time to decide to pull everything over into MZ, right? Right?!
Excited to be nearing the end of setting up my own custom Point-And-Click system template! Just need to iron out some kinks, get an input text system going, add animations to buttons, and then finalize my button-mashing event system and it'll be complete >:3c
AlcTheHero wrote on Mystic_Enigma's profile.
hi.
Still recovering from my laptop's transformation into a brick. I hope to be back to making soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riya